U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 07:42 AM

1,488 posts, read 4,104,437 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a great, reasonable gardener that can do weekly maintenance?

Just need basic mowing and blowing as I actually love gardening but can't commit to weekly upkeep.

Is there anything unique about gardening in the NW vs. CA or the northeast? I see many references to laying bark down. Does that mean mulching beds?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 AM

21,173 posts, read 13,573,587 times
Gardening in WA is about trying to grow what you want without growing what you don't want. Plants grow here with wild abandon. Blackberry bushes are a menace. Our climate is so plant friendly that tree service companies flourish because we're always having to keep the trees from growing over the houses.

And slugs. If you live near water, (even a puddle or tiny stream) the slugs will come and eat all your new bedding plants if you aren't careful. A couple of decades ago we planted all day only to wake up the next morning with little stubs in the ground. Tough lesson that was.

You can find gardeners everywhere and a handy membership to join is Angie's list where everyone reviews the contractors. You'll get plenty of flyers in your mail and at your door for lawn boys or you can just hire a service.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:21 PM

9,638 posts, read 25,450,036 times
We use Wilson enterprises out of Bellevue. They do handyman work and landscaping. I'm only familiar with their landscaping/mowing. They do a good job and show up when they say they will:
Wilson Enterprises in Bellevue, WA

Old 07-07-2013, 12:54 PM

1,488 posts, read 4,104,437 times
Thanks. Is there an average cost for weekly mowing? Although way cheaper there than in CA or NY, I wonder if you lack cheap labor.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:27 PM

983 posts, read 899,665 times
You could call Lake Washington Landworks/Taylor Creek Nursery (same company). They're in rural Maple Valley but go to Bellevue often to work. I used to live next door to them - Lucy (owner) is a nice gal with a really good crew. I don't know what she would charge you, though. If you call her, tell her I said hi! (she'll recognize me by our cat, I think).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area