Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times

Advertisements

If the thread were " Traffic is really bad here, what can we do about it?", that might have been useful. But to play the blame game serves nobody, except those that see liberals as the cause of every other problem as well, from ingrown toenails ,to obesity, to lawns turning brown.
The economy in the Seattle area is very good, companies are hiring, and the population is growing. Most of the local governments are run by those danged liberals. Just as you could blame them for "causing" the traffic, you could also blame them for allowing the economy to thrive, creating the economic conditions that result in traffic.
Everybody's got an agenda. When I'm responding to posts, I try to be helpful. Some others just try to interject politics into everything. Because once we read that RJ8089 has blamed the liberals, we're all going to say " Aha! He's right! From now on I'm only voting for conservative candidates. They'll fix everything!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,770,485 times
Conservatives & Liberals = pro-road
Fascist/progressives = anti-road.

Let's attack the real culprits please. Karen Kaiser (D), the fascist/progressive Senator from Des Moines, has been very public in her opposition to free mobility.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,053,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
If the thread were " Traffic is really bad here, what can we do about it?", that might have been useful. But to play the blame game serves nobody, except those that see liberals as the cause of every other problem as well, from ingrown toenails ,to obesity, to lawns turning brown.
Actually, I can link my ingrown toenail directly to Joe Biden. I can email you my charts and graphs.

Last edited by angelenogirl; 08-21-2013 at 01:42 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Actually, I can link my ingrown toenail directly to Joe Biden. I can email you my charts and graphs.
Barney Frank's responsible for my bunions.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:06 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Conservatives & Liberals = pro-road
Fascist/progressives = anti-road.

Let's attack the real culprits please. Karen Kaiser (D), the fascist/progressive Senator from Des Moines, has been very public in her opposition to free mobility.
I agree- I am liberal leaning and I will not hesitate to call out those fools no matter what side they are on for being against roads/freeways. They have this idiotic idea that they can force us all into mass transit and life will be grand
Even with greatly expanded mass transit- which will never happen around here without further reallocation of money that is supposed to be spent on roads- it would still only go to a fraction of the places most of us want or need to go each day. I will not hesitate to vote against anybody, R or D who is pushing that kind of agenda.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Liberals are willing to tax themselves to build interstates and more travel lanes. Over and over it is King County that supports transportation tax packages, unlike the conservative counties in the state.

It is liberals who are the ones approving all of the nickel gas taxes to build a third lane on I-5 between Olympia and Portland. It is liberals who voted for the gas taxes to improve the 405/520 interchange. It is liberals who are building a new, wider 520 with more lanes. It was liberals who added two spans and eight lanes to I-90 and widened it to North Bend. It was liberals who voted for the taxes to pay for the big improvements to the I-5/18 interchange, and it liberals who want to complete 509 and to build a more efficient interchange for freight traffic in Fife. It was liberals who are paying to straighten and widen I-90 across Snoqualmie Pass.

Conservatives whine when they are asked to approve a tax package to fund road improvements. They whine when Seattle and King County's population vote to put the taxes in place. They whine that WSDOT doesn't do anything while they are sitting in traffic caused by a construction project funded by the tax.

Put your money where your mouth is and support the next tax package for transportation improvements.
Can't rep you again but, YES!

Old 08-21-2013, 03:10 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
Congratulations for your advertisement for liberals, but nearly EVERYTHING you mentioned is YEARS late. None of the freeways around here can really support the population growth. So as you list all the accomplishments (which really aren't), most of us will STILL be stuck in traffic on a freeways and roads not built for todays needs. Congratulations.

Finally, since liberals have to tax everything to get anything done, why don't the liberals learn to budget and spend within their means. Ever heard of a budget? But I'm sure you heard of tolling. Learn to budget.
So basically, we should get everything for free? We use the roads, we want improvements on the roads but some like you don't want to pay for it?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM

427 posts, read 430,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
But the transportation packages put before the voters always pass handily in Seattle and fail in conservative areas.
That's a bunch of bull. There's liberals trying to stop development on EVERYTHING...and then you have the unions trying to stop stuff. They are even trying to stop construction on SR99 tunnel if you have been watching the news.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
That's a bunch of bull. There's liberals trying to stop development on EVERYTHING...and then you have the unions trying to stop stuff. They are even trying to stop construction on SR99 tunnel if you have been watching the news.
I'm curious how this works. Let's say two staunch conservative republican developers are working on similar projects and one tries to block the other from building for competitive reasons, does he automatically become a liberal? Or is more like the only way someone would do that is if "The Liberals" had given him some kind of mind control solution in his morning coffee?

Any explanation?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:30 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
Take the politics out of this... the issue in many cities is simply poor planning/administration resulting in inadequate roadway design, construction, and maintenance. Many dollars are spent to build and operate mass transit systems that are more politically correct than effective, and real estate is dedicated to bike lanes and landscaping that services a small segment of the population while taxing all.

Once again we have elected officials that win popularity contests setting priorities and choosing policies rather than objective evaluation of public needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area