Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles4 View Post
It was great to read this thread as I'm a native Floridian who is currently working on transferring within my company to Seattle. The wheels are in motion so with any luck, I'll be in the Emerald City by next summer.

All of your pros are pretty much which is drawing me to the area, particularly the eclectic neighborhoods, manageability, outdoor aesthetics, and less superficiality. Having spent my entire life in Florida, I'm very much looking forward to living somewhere with a varied landscape (vs. flat everywhere you turn) and where you don't have to drive absolutely anywhere you want to go.

Out of curiosity, where in Florida are you from?
SW two hours south of Tampa on a remote island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 01:04 AM

16 posts, read 25,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
OMG - no liquor in strip clubs? The travesty ... I need to move out of this town!
yeah, that's a dealbreaker!

Old 09-27-2013, 08:49 AM

5 posts, read 7,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
SW two hours south of Tampa on a remote island.
Sounds like Sanibel or Captiva

Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,744 times
Quote:
Or Pine Island where I have family. Sanibel and Captiva you mention by name lol.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 PM

195 posts, read 377,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
OMG - no liquor in strip clubs? The travesty ... I need to move out of this town!
Or find a particularly seedy strip club and open up a bar next door one persons complaint is another's business opportunity !! Haha

Old 09-27-2013, 03:35 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,406 times
Quote:
I'm very much looking forward to living somewhere with a varied landscape
I hate to break it to you, but to an outsider Western Washington looks all completely the same (except for the high peaks of course).

Old 09-27-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Boca grande

Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB328 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but to an outsider Western Washington looks all completely the same (except for the high peaks of course).
Same goes for eastern wash, except its desertous, lol.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:44 AM

681 posts, read 1,045,393 times
I've been drawn to seattle for years now, spent a few days up there about a month ago and had an awesome time. I parked the car at the hotel and never used it once until i left town. I used the transit system as I wanted to see how it was, only weird thing is that I bought a day pass for the rail link and was never once asked to show it lol.

Seattle in my opinion Seattle is very adventurous and diverse and very scenic. I found myself at the space needle observation desk in awe of the sights. Seattle is a very clean big city and I can't wait to call it home.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM

259 posts, read 522,620 times
Nice post!

Couple notes on my end. I've been living and working in the Bellevue/Redmond area for about 3 months now (moving to Seattle next week though! :-)) and I see a decent amount of interracial relationships/couples that don't include Asians. I actually see more black/white IR couples here than I did in Chicago. Go figure.

I'm single and in my late 20's and I've dated some since I've been here. The men are complete gentlemen and are very outgoing and friendly. Not sure if it has to do with the men I've met being on the eastside, but I certainly haven't experienced much shyness from the men or women out here. On that note, although I've built a solid friendship base in the short amount of time I've been here, I have no single girlfriends! All of my friends are either married with kids or in a commited relationship. This is not really a problem as their husbands and families are amazing and I love hanging out with them (I *never* feel like a 3rd wheel if we go out), but it'd be nice to find at least 1 girl friend who is single like me. It might be the fact that I live in a burb which tends to attract the families/couples more, so perhaps my move will help that out.

Otherwise, everything else is great out here! Hmm, well I could use better food options (read: a greasy cheap, local burger joint for when I'm hungover) but at least it allows me to cook more often, so even that's not a negative.

Final notes: Love it here and will neverrrrr move back to Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area