Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM

157 posts, read 306,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Actually, the Scandinavian lineage of many women in Seattle I think gives them a natural advantage.. Combined with the large number of Eastern European people who live here... There is a lot of voluptuous and beautiful blondes, red-heads, etc.. Men generally go ga-ga over them. The attitudes of the women here is what makes them the most unattractive, moreso than even the dress.. The dress is just a representation of their attitude.
Sadly, you just described San Francisco as well. I moved there several years ago for a new job, as did a friend. Both of us were from LA and we were stunned at how how bad the women seemed to make themselves look. Drab, plain and wearing unflattering clothes.

What was funny was how I'd read Yelp and there were endless threads of the women bitching that they were dateless. No one hit on them, there were too many gay men, etc. Finally I snapped and said "Well if you didn't look like **** we might notice you." That thread went downhill real quick.

As much as I don't want to stay in SoCal, the eye candy here is insane. It's october and girls are still wearing those ridiculously short shorts that came into style about 3 years ago. I hope they never go out of style, even if I do occasionally walk into a wall.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,316 times
Eh, well I guess if anything Seattle is sort of your temp "training grounds" and you will find another place to settle and feel more at home. I wish you luck, seriously. I am also looking for my "niche city", and can't quite figure out if Seattle is it. It's certainly frustrating for anyone who is in a city with little to no social connections, regardless of your dating preferences, political views, etc. I am probably aligned politically with the general tide here, yet even I am complaining about the social scene and meeting people.

Fun discussion and interesting to hear different perspectives on sexual attraction Seattle, but my posts have been kinda repetitive so this is my last post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I'm glad you took time to read my posts... First, I want to say I appreciate your suggestions. I agree I am not in the right city and never thought Seattle was the right place for me. I moved here for business reasons, as I am in the IT industry.. However, I don't think I could live in the Midwest.. It is too flat, cold and isolated for me.. I'm also big into guns and Midwestern cities have some of strictest gun laws, like Chicago, where guns are outright banned. Yes, I do believe the people are more traditional and friendlier and think I could probably make better friendships there. The West Coast , especially Northwest was never the easiest place to make friendships, but Seattle is in its own introverted, self-absorbed world.

To be honest, beautiful women and friendly people are not everything in the world. I grew up in the mountains and love spending time in nature. The fact that I am stuck living in the city now and cannot go out and hike and have free time to be in the mountains to meditate and enjoy nature is what really hurts me the most. Once I finish my major software project, I am planning on possibly leaving the SOuth Sound and move closer to the Cascades. If things are booming with business, maybe I will move out to Montana or back to Idaho. Montana, Idaho have some of those Midwestern values, but with rugged, mountain beauty and nature. No, they are not as down home friendly and open as Midwestern towns.

For the most part, I have given up on society for the most part and don't feel like I am missing much. I plan on spending more time out in the beautiful mountains which is something I do cherish about Washington state.

Oh, the whole height issue ..

Yeah, I am short by Scandinavian standards (5,9), so if women won't date a shorty, then I guess I am out of luck in the dating scene there.. Although, being 225lbs (190 of muscle, 36"waist) I tend to be meatier than most guys I meet, taller or not. But, I suppose many women date people based on aesthetics, not on character or even practicality... Women don't need a protector as much as anymore, rather they need someone who they can wear giant heels around. Once again, I don't care, because all the superficial traits mean little to me.. I am a traditional guy who would prefer an old-fashioned, traditional gal who doesn't care about all the vanity of the world. Maybe, I like voluptuous blonde/red-head girls, but I would marry the opposite if she had that beautiful mystical soul I desire. There is too many gaudy, tacky synthetic women out there today and not many wholesome, kind-hearted and genuine ladies.. Maybe, out in some small town in Michigan, out on the farm, such women exist. I have heard stories of the old-fashioned Midwest people.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Eh, well I guess if anything Seattle is sort of your temp "training grounds" and you will find another place to settle and feel more at home. I wish you luck, seriously. I am also looking for my "niche city", and can't quite figure out if Seattle is it. It's certainly frustrating for anyone who is in a city with little to no social connections, regardless of your dating preferences, political views, etc. I am probably aligned politically with the general tide here, yet even I am complaining about the social scene and meeting people.

Fun discussion and interesting to hear different perspectives on sexual attraction Seattle, but my posts have been kinda repetitive so this is my last post in this thread.

Seems like you need to move to sunbelt cities. Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. A lot more metropolitan, people are more outgoing, far more diversity, politically balanced, but will find your enclaves of various political beliefs, attractive people, great weather, etc.

I know hipsters don't cream their pants when they hear about sunbelt cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, or Phoenix, but these cities are far bigger than Seattle, and you can find more stuff to do in them. The people are more attractive as well, because you have so many new money types. And if you want a hipster scene, you'd find that in any of those cities. And to top it off, they're CHEAP places to live, with a more "live and let live attitude", which you may find more refreshing than places like Seattle with aggressive thought police.

I just need to spend a few more years on the overpriced West Coast before returning back to Atlanta. I already know with my salary I make now, I'd live like a king over there. But all of the new stuff in my industry is happening in California and Seattle now, and while Atlanta and Dallas have a lot of companies there, they're older companies and have some years before they fully adopt the new stuff that the big tech giants are using in Seattle and Silicon Valley.

You should plan some trips to sunbelt cities. Everyone goes to places like Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix, or Houston with lowered expectations, but are pleasantly surprised how dynamic and vibrant these cities are.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Patrizio View Post
Sadly, you just described San Francisco as well. I moved there several years ago for a new job, as did a friend. Both of us were from LA and we were stunned at how how bad the women seemed to make themselves look. Drab, plain and wearing unflattering clothes.

What was funny was how I'd read Yelp and there were endless threads of the women bitching that they were dateless. No one hit on them, there were too many gay men, etc. Finally I snapped and said "Well if you didn't look like **** we might notice you." That thread went downhill real quick.

As much as I don't want to stay in SoCal, the eye candy here is insane. It's october and girls are still wearing those ridiculously short shorts that came into style about 3 years ago. I hope they never go out of style, even if I do occasionally walk into a wall.

San Francisco may be more of Seattle's big brother, but the rest of the Bay has some hotties for sure. I think sometimes San Francisco's national recognition kind of make people overlook other parts of the Bay which are nothing like SF. I know I've seen some women coming out of this lounge here in Sunnyvale who definitely were certified hotties.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post

Indeed, it was nice conversation.. Seattle definitely has its share of challenges, but hopefully you will see some of the beauty of the area outside of the little introverted, closed box of a city they call Seattle.. There are mountains, lakes, ocean , waterfalls and a world of beauty away form the self-righteous, cold, unfriendly, dreary town called Seattle. I never let people dictate my happiness in the end, it's me and my G-d.

I do hope you find your "Manly, Man" .. I'm sure he is out there and there is no shortage of us in the Puget Sound.. Seriously, try not to expect too much at a person, but probe their character. In the end all we got is our souls. I can understand why you are turned off to some of the femme type of guys here, just as I am turned off to the uber-feminazi breed of women.

I seriously do need to take a trip out to the Midwest one of these days.. It would be nice to see a place in the USA where people are actually friendly and outgoing.. The only real genuinely friendly people I met in the world seem to be in far away exotic places. However, I did find people in Idaho to be down-home and friendly.. You will actually see people smiling in Boise.. I know rare phenomenon in Seattle..

Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Seems like you need to move to sunbelt cities. Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. A lot more metropolitan, people are more outgoing, far more diversity, politically balanced, but will find your enclaves of various political beliefs, attractive people, great weather, etc.

I know hipsters don't cream their pants when they hear about sunbelt cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, or Phoenix, but these cities are far bigger than Seattle, and you can find more stuff to do in them. The people are more attractive as well, because you have so many new money types. And if you want a hipster scene, you'd find that in any of those cities. And to top it off, they're CHEAP places to live, with a more "live and let live attitude", which you may find more refreshing than places like Seattle with aggressive thought police.

I just need to spend a few more years on the overpriced West Coast before returning back to Atlanta. I already know with my salary I make now, I'd live like a king over there. But all of the new stuff in my industry is happening in California and Seattle now, and while Atlanta and Dallas have a lot of companies there, they're older companies and have some years before they fully adopt the new stuff that the big tech giants are using in Seattle and Silicon Valley.

You should plan some trips to sunbelt cities. Everyone goes to places like Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix, or Houston with lowered expectations, but are pleasantly surprised how dynamic and vibrant these cities are.
Being a new money type makes people more attractive? How shallow can you get...?

None of the cities you listed appeal to me in the least, guess I'm just not into those new money types...

Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
I know hipsters don't cream their pants when they hear about sunbelt cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, or Phoenix, but these cities are far bigger than Seattle, and you can find more stuff to do in them.
Hell, even people in Tucson don't cream their pants when it comes to Phoenix.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 PM

157 posts, read 306,140 times
Quote:
San Francisco may be more of Seattle's big brother, but the rest of the Bay has some hotties for sure. I think sometimes San Francisco's national recognition kind of make people overlook other parts of the Bay which are nothing like SF. I know I've seen some women coming out of this lounge here in Sunnyvale who definitely were certified hotties.
They were Asians, right?

I'm partially joking. One of the recurring threads was white girl jealousy over how much the Asian girls showed off, were all prettied up and working for male attention. That was one of my points to the complainers: hey, at least they act like they want male attention. You look like you want to repel us.

My tenure in the Bay Area wasn't a rousing success.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Being a new money type makes people more attractive? How shallow can you get...?

None of the cities you listed appeal to me in the least, guess I'm just not into those new money types...

You want to know what I liked about new money types? They like to have fun. I know it sucks, they work hard for their money, and they want to go out and have a good time. I understand they should want to sit back and talk about politics and about their latest whole food veggie diet.

For me, anywhere where there are new money types, there is fun to be had. And why not? New money types probably came up out of poverty to get their money and worked really hard to get where they are. So what's wrong with having fun?

That's my issue with Seattle and other yuppie Paradises like SF. They are way too full themselves, and they act too cool for school. Which is pretty shocking, because many of them are victims of their own hype for the most part. They feel they can, you know suck all of the fun out of life, and their stomach just turns when people display some sort of human spirit. We should all be depressed militant liberal ideologues. And we should spend most of our time, not having fun, and telling other people what to do because we know what's best for them. Excuse me, if I just just jump for joy at the idea of that.

With that said, Seattle is full of people who make 6 figure salaries but live like they make $30,000 a year. And living like you make good money is generally frowned upon in these parts. With that said, it's no wonder why people aren't all that attracted to the people there. If I wanted to live like I made $30,000, I can do it way more easily by only making $30,000.

The real issue is that people in Seattle hate the new money mentality. But at the same time, they bring fun to cities. If you don't have a vibrant night life, you probably won't attract a lot of people. Attractive people are attractive because they leave the house, and want to look good for the public. So here is the flow

People don't go out -> People don't spend money -> No market for night life and entertainment -> repels attractive people from the city.

Not hard to see the connection here.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Patrizio View Post
They were Asians, right?

I'm partially joking. One of the recurring threads was white girl jealousy over how much the Asian girls showed off, were all prettied up and working for male attention. That was one of my points to the complainers: hey, at least they act like they want male attention. You look like you want to repel us.

My tenure in the Bay Area wasn't a rousing success.

Yep, how did you know? There are some attractive looking white women walking around. And if I notice them, they must be hot, because I'm sure not into white women.

Again, the white women who do hang around, have to step it up to compete with the asian chicks. And I think that's a good thing.

People hate the keep up with the Jones mentality, but it force people to do better, look better, and act better. It's called incentive people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area