Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:02 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times

Advertisements

Online dating seems to be big in Seattle. A lot of people I ran across during my time there met there partners online. I have also noticed that I can randomly run into people from Seattle online quite a bit too. For me though, I am just opposed to online dating. I'm against it and I think it sucks. I also don't really like interracial dating. As a black man, I've dated interracially a ton in the past. But I can't take any woman who isn't black serious for long term. As you can imagine, Seattle just wasn't up my alley due to the lack of black women, and the ones who were around would get laughed out of cities with attractive black women like Atlanta, DC, Chicago, Miami, and Dallas.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,970 times
You obviously didn't go around the UW campus during class switch time. I have to restrain myself from whiplashing my neck because I work their cause my God, there are beautiful women from all over the world at campus.

Being very attracted to Asian ladies in general, Seattle is like a dating paradise to me

Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Being very attracted to Asian ladies in general, Seattle is like a dating paradise to me
Amen on so many levels!!! Smart? Check. Beautiful? Check. Slender? Check. Well dressed? Check. Friendly? Check. I've been married to a wonderful lady who just happens to be Asian and luckily I don't have to deal with all the negative qualities the OP was complaining about

Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I also wish people would stop saying that the women in Seattle are "intellectual". Women in Seattle are educated, not intellectual. I have never once had a real intellectual conversation with a Seattle woman. In most cases, there were very few women in Seattle who could hang with me in a real intellectual conversation. Most women in Seattle have securalist views, and many take this as "enlightenment". I remember one of my first encounters in Seattle was a woman who talked to me about economics. She knew NOTHING about economics whatsoever. But she kept talking about NHS in Europe, and I kept explaining to her from a logistical level why that would create challenges in the USA. So maybe if you are some type of humanist post modern secularist ideologue, you MAY find some intellectual value in Seattle women. Other than that, mainly nothing.

And discussing politics with Seattle women is grating. For example, I talked to a Seattle woman about legalized prositution, and the benefits of legalizing it. I even broke it down to the economic benefit as well. She said prostitution should not be legal because "it's gross". I asked her "so something should be illegal because 'it's gross'", and she said "yeah". I was hoping it was sarcasm, but she was dead serious.

Now people don't need to agree with me, but it seems like most women in Seattle don't even have strong opposing views backed on good facts. I'm always up for healthy debate, but I have no found many women in Seattle who are very good at debating their worldviews very well. So I strongly disagree with the perceived intellecualism of Seattle women. I find that they're educated, but in many ways educated fools. Or think their education gives the immunity towards criticism. I don't think that's education as much as it's snobbery.

Don't worry, Bay Area women are JUST as bad.

How ironic that so many of the men here find Seattle women to be "ultra-feminist" and man-hating, without any awareness of the blatant misogynistic attitudes that they themselves exude.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
How ironic that so many of the men here find Seattle women to be "ultra-feminist" and man-hating, without any awareness of the blatant misogynistic attitudes that they themselves exude.

How the heck was that misogynistic? I'm just saying, people act like they want to give Seattle women lack of beauty and insane smugness a pass, because they're "intellectual". I'm just stating, they have strong opinions about post-modern world views, but RARELY can they really give a good healthy debate on anything. History, politics, economics, philosophy, etc. Most women in Seattle can't handle this level of debate. Seems like women in Seattle are better at blasting off their REALLY biased world views. And in many ways, people may peg them as smart because they align themselves with a certain worldview. But anyone can grab a political view or philosophy, you don't need to be a scholar to do that.

There are many professional women in Seattle who know their professions very well, but this doesn't really put them a cut above women in other places. Professional women are in any city.

I don't give Seattle women a pass because many collapse in a real debate that takes some intellectual thought process. And I don't find people with MY particular view who can't debate all that appealing either. If you have any philosophy, political view, etc, you should be well read and well researched in it. I can't say this for Seattle women.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt144 View Post
Why are single men drawn to forums to complain about women? I'm sure the real problem with the dating lives of these complainers is that women aren't good enough for them, not that they are so torn up about the deficiencies of women that they have to go on and on about what howlers women are here in the PNW.
I'm guessing that no one else wants to hear them complain about it. They certainly can't complain about it at work. Their friends are probably happily married and don't go out much anymore. And their moms just tell them to call up that nice girl who lives down the street from her; she's so nice, her skin cleared up since high school and she just happens to have the same religion!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
How the heck was that misogynistic? I'm just saying, people act like they want to give Seattle women lack of beauty and insane smugness a pass, because they're "intellectual". I'm just stating, they have strong opinions about post-modern world views, but RARELY can they really give a good healthy debate on anything. History, politics, economics, philosophy, etc. Most women in Seattle can't handle this level of debate. Seems like women in Seattle are better at blasting off their REALLY biased world views. And in many ways, people may peg them as smart because they align themselves with a certain worldview. But anyone can grab a political view or philosophy, you don't need to be a scholar to do that.

There are many professional women in Seattle who know their professions very well, but this doesn't really put them a cut above women in other places. Professional women are in any city.

I don't give Seattle women a pass because many collapse in a real debate that takes some intellectual thought process. And I don't find people with MY particular view who can't debate all that appealing either. If you have any philosophy, political view, etc, you should be well read and well researched in it. I can't say this for Seattle women.
Please, just read what you wrote here. Reflect on it for a while. Take a pen and highlight any passages that contain negative stereotypes. Think about how what you wrote might be offensive to people of a different gender.

Now, come back and engage with us again. I would love to hear your well reasoned rationale on what is not misogynistic to say that only a small percentage of the 350,000 women that happen to live in the Seattle area cannot possibly HANDLE an intellectual debate with you.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Eh, if you don't like the social climate here I'd say go somewhere more to your liking and quit worrying about things you can't change. Overall I don't really like it that much here either for various reasons and am already laying plans to leave after 6 months. It was a nice spring and summer though.

No, I can't say my experiences with the opposite sex have been all that positive here, despite some effort on my part for that not to be the case. Town full of 6's and 7's who think they're 9's and 10's. Not trying to be a hater. Just sayin'. If it worth the effort it's worth the effort. If it's not it's not.

Last edited by UrbanAdventurer; 10-14-2013 at 10:55 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
You have nailed it right on the head here. Everything you said I agree with about the women in Seattle. I do get the consensus from my interactions with them that they are highly feminist, anti-male, mistrusting, anti-social and in general highly guarded and boxed-in. I've touched on these points in several of my posts and I couldn't explain it better than you have here. Whereas it is common in Seattle to see guys socialize and interact with each other, I find that many of them retreat themselves into corners, put ear phones in their ear, hide any emotional feeling and just isolate themselves completely. It is as if they think every man who interacts with them is a potential rapist. They are total slaves to their online news sites they spend a good deal of their day reading and use as their source of understanding of humanity. It would help if they could get their faces out of their laptops, tablets and phones for an entire day and actually interact with real humans. As anti-social and unfriendly as people may be in Seattle, the women in this city are about 10 times more so than the men. They tend to look for men who are willing to submit to them and abide by their ultra-feminist criteria of how a man is suppose to act. I find they are very serious, judgmental and cold.
You see things in black and white.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
You see things in black and white.
I am making generalizations, yes, but generalizations based on a consensus of interactions and experiences I have had with the people of this demographic/gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area