Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 03:05 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,051,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
^^ Such balogna!

I'm of Korean/Japanese ancestry, and I have been to many speed dating events in Capital Hill area and downtown Seattle.

I did NOT get too many matches who favored me. In fact, I got no responses from women in two separate dating events. The only Asians you see do inter-racial marriage are Asian females, and I heavily despise some of these couples that I have encountered.

Originally prior to moving to Seattle, I thought people here were open-minded. Boy was I WRONG!

After living here for almost 8 months, Washington State, or I should say "western" WA state being more Democratic, seems like the Midwest with a "Democratic" label affixed to the outside.
Dude...

People are mostly going to want to date their own race. Sucks but this is EVERYWHERE no matter how liberal. People can't help their biology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 04:24 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
^^ Such balogna!

I'm of Korean/Japanese ancestry, and I have been to many speed dating events in Capital Hill area and downtown Seattle.

I did NOT get too many matches who favored me. In fact, I got no responses from women in two separate dating events. The only Asians you see do inter-racial marriage are Asian females, and I heavily despise some of these couples that I have encountered.

Originally prior to moving to Seattle, I thought people here were open-minded. Boy was I WRONG!

After living here for almost 8 months, Washington State, or I should say "western" WA state being more Democratic, seems like the Midwest with a "Democratic" label affixed to the outside.
Liberals/progressives are the least open-minded/tolerant people of all. Were you not aware of this? Just look at how they treat those with differing political views.

White progressive women may throw up a #BlackLivesMatter on their Twitter/FB page but that's for their own benefit (to make them look like a cool/suave/hip progressive). It doesn't mean they're concerned with the well being of blacks or are anymore likely to date a black/hispanic guy. It's just a facade -- the sooner you realize this, the better!

Old 12-24-2016, 04:37 PM

749 posts, read 855,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
I am Luso- American (look it up). White women don't tend to date us unless they believe we are Italian.

I wonder if I went to the Southwest would I have an easier time with White women? Seems the stigma to dating brown men is removed from regions Texas and West of there.

Now when I say brown I mean more Mediterranean looking. Not Amerindian. Outside of the Northeast Mediterranean men don't tend to date White women much. If they do then said White girls have a thing for Italian men.
Aren't Portuguese people White?

Old 12-24-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Aren't Portuguese people White?
By the US Census they are. I always mark White on applications but perception is different. I live in the South and I might as well be Black here.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Liberals/progressives are the least open-minded/tolerant people of all. Were you not aware of this? Just look at how they treat those with differing political views.

White progressive women may throw up a #BlackLivesMatter on their Twitter/FB page but that's for their own benefit (to make them look like a cool/suave/hip progressive). It doesn't mean they're concerned with the well being of blacks or are anymore likely to date a black/hispanic guy. It's just a facade -- the sooner you realize this, the better!
Leave the incendiary political flamebait out if this. The truth is most people regardless of political belief will rarely date outside their race. We are tribal by nature. Are you aware you can care about racial issues without dating someone of that race? I wasn't aware I needed to be sexually attracted to someone to care about happens to them? By your logic should people not care about handicapped people unless we find them sexually attractive? Come on you can do better.

For the record I do not buy into BLM or their tactics but it is ridiculous to assume that just because a White woman cares about people she may believe are oppressed (whether they are isn't part of this discussion), now she has to sleep with them? That's like saying a girl who is into anti-bullying campaigns is into the guy who gets picked on by the jocks. No. She most likely will still sleep the jocks and have a soft spot in her heart for the kids being picked on. But having a soft spot in your heart for a person rarely means you're sexually attracted to them.

Quite the opposite. If a white girl believes Black guys are too oppressed, she doesn't view them as sexually attractive because she views them as victims, and women don't find victims attractive. They may CARE about said victim, but it's more of a motherly instinct rather than a "come pound me big daddy" one.

I will myself as an example. I care about the plight of the Palestinian people. I am not sexually attracted to Palestinian women, really ever. The two are independent of each other. On the other hand I find German women to be stupid lib tards brainwashed by Merkel but I still think German women are drop dead gorgeous.

People have tribal nature and it won't go away. Your biology isn't trumped by your social concerns, ever.

Most girls that believed that dating me was interracial were liberals, by the way. I have only been with less than a handful of conservative women. I find that conservative women consciously object to interracial relationships whereas liberal ones do so just but instinct.

In Louisville where I live the majority of women I have dated were hardcore liberals and they were open to interracial dating. In their mind I wasn't like them (it's the South). I could never get in with the conservative types here who are natives. They really only want White guys.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
By the US Census they are. I always mark White on applications but perception is different. I live in the South and I might as well be Black here.
How so? If you don't mind sharing.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
How so? If you don't mind sharing.
There aren't many Mediterranean people here in Louisville (I have met 0 thus far) and here being Italian or anything in Southern Europe makes you not White. There are actually lots of people who consider the Mediterranean nations to be non-White. Heck we had a dark Sicilian fellow walk in to where I work and one of the guys here just thought he was a light skinned Black guy.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:46 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,692 times
Quote:
Leave the incendiary political flamebait out if this. The truth is most people regardless of political belief will rarely date outside their race. We are tribal by nature. Are you aware you can care about racial issues without dating someone of that race?

People have tribal nature and it won't go away. Your biology isn't trumped by your social concerns, ever.

Most girls that believed that dating me was interracial were liberals, by the way. I have only been with less than a handful of conservative women. I find that conservative women consciously object to interracial relationships whereas liberal ones do so just but instinct.

In Louisville where I live the majority of women I have dated were hardcore liberals and they were open to interracial dating. In their mind I wasn't like them (it's the South). I could never get in with the conservative types here who are natives. They really only want White guys.

HA..several years ago this thread was started and brahn913 I think was saying back then that most people will stick with their own race. But everyone flamed him. I think he had some good points.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
There aren't many Mediterranean people here in Louisville (I have met 0 thus far) and here being Italian or anything in Southern Europe makes you not White. There are actually lots of people who consider the Mediterranean nations to be non-White. Heck we had a dark Sicilian fellow walk in to where I work and one of the guys here just thought he was a light skinned Black guy.
"Mediterranean" Is pretty vague in terms of looks. Is the situation the same with a, say, fair skin Southern European? Is it more of a cultural or looks thing?

Old 12-28-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
"Mediterranean" Is pretty vague in terms of looks. Is the situation the same with a, say, fair skin Southern European? Is it more of a cultural or looks thing?
I meant stereotypically Mediterranean as in olive skin, brown features. And hairy.

Usually pale Mediterranean would have no issue. But lots of women here love the look of country boys with Blonde hair and Blue eyes. An Italian just looks out of place here.

But it is a looks thing. I am culturally American. Nothing Portuguese about me. Darker men here date darker women unless you're like me and the women you date are transplants or not culturally Southern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area