Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times

Advertisements

I like In-n-Out burger. But seems limited to CA (and TX) due to their requirement for non-frozen fresh beef. Dick's seems Seattle's version? Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,035 times
dicks serves wonderful, greasy pieces of meat

Old 11-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
I have tried In-and-out when in CA and didn't find it very special. Dick's is a great cheap meal, and local tradition, plus they treat their employees very well. For a good fast burger though, I'll go to Fatburger or 5 Guys. Better yet, if not in a hurry, BJ's in Redmond, Hop Jack's in Issaquah (Klahanie). When driving up I5 to Canada we always stop at Bob's Burgers & Brew.

I even ate one of these and lived to tell about it:

Double Dutch Burger
An old Bob's Favorite! A delicious charbroiled burger topped with american cheese and a foot long hot dog cut to curl. Served with lettuce, tomato, pickles and savory sauce. Mmm Mmm good!

Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,151 times
I kind of like Dick's Drive in better then In-n-Out. I have been to the one in the Queen Anne area. Very old fashion feel to the place, simple greasy menu, even the cooking equipment looks orginal to the building, lol. great staff.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 PM

905 posts, read 1,102,502 times
Dick's is awesome for a cheap, greasy, fast-food style burgers. A CA transplant I work with told me it's sort of like Seattle's own In-N-Out.

I've never had In-N-Out, so I can't say which one is better. But I will say Dick's is a vastly superior alternative to the cheap fast food mega-chains (IMHO).

Old 11-03-2013, 08:33 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times
Dicks has nothing over In-n-out. My fiancee and I moved from LA 3 months ago and have given Dicks multiple chances in hopes that it could replace In-n-out, but not in a lifetime will it ever measure up. The burgers have lower quality meat, lower quality produce (they give you pathetic tomato slices while In-n-out gives you huge slices of FRESH tomato, Dick's gives you nasty lettuce while In-n-out gives you crisp fresh lettuce, and Dick's gives you boring raw onions whereas In-n-out offers deliciously caramelized grilled onions), and I'll emphasize the fact that Dick's has no grilled onions. Dick's fries are greasy and tasteless (McDonalds sadly has superior fries) compared to In-n-out (and I'm not even going to mention Animal Fries, which puts Dick's to shame). Dick's shakes are decent, but again not comparable to In-n-out.

Dick's is cheap and fast. For the price you pay, it's good. But that's it. In-n-out is superior to Dick's in every capacity. Anyone who thinks this low-rate fast food chain can live up to the Californian cult classic is sadly delusional.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:40 PM

176 posts, read 299,281 times
In-N-Out must be, hands down, the best fast food, greasy burger joint in the US. Dick's is like a version of that, except not that great. Yes, it's greasy and cheap. But the quality is nowhere near it.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:55 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,059 times
If you already like In and Out burger, there's no hope for you. The brainwashing chemicals they put in In and Out burgers have already taken their hold and every other burger on earth will taste like dirt to you. It's a sad side effect of living in California for any length of time.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 PM

In-n_Out, Dick's....that's not sounding right....

Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have tried In-and-out when in CA and didn't find it very special. Dick's is a great cheap meal, and local tradition, plus they treat their employees very well. For a good fast burger though, I'll go to Fatburger or 5 Guys. Better yet, if not in a hurry, BJ's in Redmond, Hop Jack's in Issaquah (Klahanie). When driving up I5 to Canada we always stop at Bob's Burgers & Brew.

I even ate one of these and lived to tell about it:

Double Dutch Burger
An old Bob's Favorite! A delicious charbroiled burger topped with american cheese and a foot long hot dog cut to curl. Served with lettuce, tomato, pickles and savory sauce. Mmm Mmm good!

the problem here is the blackberry in the photo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area