Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM

304 posts, read 266,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
Her biggest crime was that yellow nail polish she was wearing in that interview a few weeks ago
lol, well she probably would agree with you on that.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
lol, Knox's friends have put that myth out there. The prosecuter never had any exotic fantasies. He said it was a prank, possibly a sex game, that spiralled into murder due to the use of drugs by Knox and her boyfriend.

THe African guy is in jail. He took a fast track trial and will be out next spring I think. He didn't kill the victim though. Knox did.
Right. And you know this definitively because....why? You were there at the time?

The police botched the forensics on the case, too.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 PM

Ruth,

I have studied this case in depth. I am obsessed with it like one of the "heroes" in a noir film or book.

They found her "boyfriend"'s DNA on the victim's bra clasp. They found her DNA mixed with the victim's blood in various spots in the house. They found her DNA on a knife handle in her boyfriend's house and there is victim's DNA on the blade.

Come again on the forensics? That is a gold mine of forensics.

Not to mention she falsely accused her boss, a black man, of the crime and he was innocent. Most people in America don't know this part. Imagine if a rich white girl in the States accused an innocent black man of a crime she was in a suspect in? Lol everybody would think she was guilty.

THe beauty of this case is you don't need the DNA evidence though. Knox's story just doesn't add up and she acted so weird after the murder.

Last edited by Pelham3; 11-12-2013 at 10:49 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 10:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Ruth,

I have studied this case in depth. I am obsessed with it like one of the "heroes" in a noir film or book.

They found her "boyfriend"'s DNA on the victim's bra clasp. They found her DNA mixed with the victim's blood in various spots in the house. They found her DNA on a knife handle in her boyfriend's house and there is victim's DNA on the blade.

Come again on the forensics? That is a gold mine of forensics.

Not to mention she falsely accused her boss, a black man, of the crime and he was innocent. Most people in America don't know this part. Imagine if a rich white girl in the States accused an innocent black man of a crime she was in a suspect in? Lol everybody would think she was guilty.
We can't know for sure but I think guilty too (since these are all opinions). I always thought the reason she accused her boss was in case Guede had been seen leaving the house since they were both black, which would make the accusation very incriminating. It will never be definitively solved so most people have moved on. Very sad though.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 PM

I agree with you on that, why she named her boss. She wanted to accuse Rudy directly but thought better of it because he could link her to the crime as well. She would have to explain how she knows Rudy did it and prove she didn't participate which would be difficult.

We can know for sure that she did it though. Check out this website themurderofmeredithkercher.com/‎

if you read that with open mind you will know she is guilty.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Quote:

We can know for sure that she did it though. ‎

Anyone who makes statements like this should be ignored.

Now that they've thoroughly botched the case, it doesn't matter if she's innocent or not..There is more than enough reasonable doubt to find her not guilty.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Anyone who makes statements like this should be ignored.

Now that they've thoroughly botched the case, it doesn't matter if she's innocent or not..There is more than enough reasonable doubt to find her not guilty.
Take the time to get informed or just admit you don't care what the truth is. "they've clearly botched" what, exactly? You are just saying something and not concerned if it makes any sense.

A young woman was butchered. It was a heinous murder. She was manually raped and she was essentially tortured for 10 minutes before they stabbed her the last time. It was terrorism.

Your little glib comments like this is no big deal make me sick.

Knox had no alibi. SHe obviously had a key to the house. She falsely accused her boss of the murder. THe DNA evidence implicates her and her boyfriend along with the black man who was already found guilty.

I don't think the fact that she's from Seattle is much of a defense but that appears to be your basis argument as you didn't offer much else specific. lol Rooting for the home team, i guess?

Last edited by Pelham3; 11-13-2013 at 12:00 AM..

Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,804 times
Just moved here so... Who and why should I care?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Just moved here so... Who and why should I care?
Google Amanda Knox. She killed her roommate on a study abroad in Italy.

You don't need to care. I care. Nobody is asking you to care.

I'm interested in this case because it is a very odd case given Knox doesn't "look" like you typical killer and this was a very brutal crime. It is like something out of a noir crime novel. THere appears to be no obvious motive for the crime.

SOme think she had some jealousy of her roommate but still you wouldn't think she would murder the roommate given this was just like a semester thing. But the theory is these 3 were high on cocaine mixed with some potent weed and maybe some other drugs.

Last edited by Pelham3; 11-13-2013 at 12:01 AM..

Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Well Pelham3, I think you got your answer: vast majority of Seattleites don't really care one way or another. Crimes happen, a jury find the accused guilty or innocent, and the defendant is either carted off to do time or isn't.

Even the newspapers aren't saying much these days about the trial. They're preoccupied with Boeing leaving and the elections that recently happened. Maybe they'll report on the verdict and the people say "oh, OK" then move on. You'll get a two-bit crowd filled with people like yourself who have nothing better to do with their time protesting one way or another, you'll have the English tabloids say something about "Foxy Knoxy" and that'll be it, and the newspapers will have to find a new darling story. May not be fair one way or another, but hey, life's unfair.

Move on with your life. I'm sure there's other things that you enjoy doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: