Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 PM

279 posts, read 480,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I despise the term "get a life" ... it implies that one thinks their lifestyle or interests are better than someone else. Me I enjoy meteorology and love a good thunderstorm. Never get tired of them.. whereas most people it goes right over their head... they don't even notice them. To each their own.

I do get tired of people talking about how weather is more extreme, the world is more crazy or evil, when it's not though. It's merely we have more smartphones, people, and instant ways to spread information than before so we just notice it more.

get a life for thinking "get a life" implies anything!!! hahahaha.. okay I just wanted to be a smart ass!

But, I totally agree with you.... kind of belittling in a non evasive and in passing way.

Weather is a big issue for someone that doesn't deal with weather. I spoke to a neighbor today and she is totally butt hurt because it was 50 today and she felt that she didn't want to get out of bed. Weather is totally relative to the individual. Honestly I want to move to Seattle very badly. But, I'm not sure if in the long run I can handle the weather. Maybe I just need to get a life and deal with it. (I'm on one one today ~ ) I'm used to sunny socal warm weather..... But I do love the idea of rain, and pretty scenery. ahhhhhh! I need a coffee! have a good day everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 02:45 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,832 times
Quote:
ahhhhhh! I need a coffee!
You'll be right at home here.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I'm in LA visiting family right now, and they're all wearing heavy winter coats because it's gotten down to 50 something as the high during the day.
I used to love when the moms at drop-off would be wearing the tiniest shorts known to man with these huge, furry mountain man boots.

'Cause that makes sense.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:31 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
I used to live there so I've had a lot of people asking me if that's actually real haha

Old 01-07-2014, 07:57 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
The people overreacting to the rain and snow are probably from California. ..
And how 'bout the "natives" who suddenly get kinda cranky and act like it's a "heat wave" whenever the temp. gets above 80 (…lol)?!!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:33 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
There is one logical explanation for Angelinos "overreacting" to rain. Same reason that we "overreact" to the rain in the summer after it has been glorious.

Oil on the road.

Oil floats on water, ergo, when it rains a small amount, it floats and causes very slick conditions. I remember once outside of Olympia I was going on I-5 around a bank and I nearly slid off the highway because there was a small amount of rain and the oil had risen to the surface. And until it rains sufficiently to wash the oil away, it will stay slippery, or until it dries, when the oil usually binds to the road or is in small enough quantities.

So while Jimmy is great for a laugh, I know why it happens. Take care folks.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:14 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Nah, it's just that a lot of Seattle "natives" have always had this thang about "Kalifornians" (kinda the same way that conservatives do these days… lol)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area