U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 09:21 AM

10 posts, read 10,790 times

Advertisements

Is Seattle a good place to live or will I have better luck with one of the suburbs? If only parts of Seattle are ok, which neighborhood would that be? Is the Southern or the Northern tip of the city considered to be better than the other in general?

The evaluation criteria are as follow:

1) Safety
2) Has a good school district
3) Traffic (I like short commute, or at least commuting against the rush hour traffic)
4) A healthy Asian population (My wife is in finance and is bilingual (English/Chinese), She'd like to continue practicing in this niche market after we move)
5) Affordability

Of note:

1) Drinking scene is not important - I don't drink.
2) Food is nice to have, but also takes a back seat to a good comfy home.

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 AM

458 posts, read 869,504 times
It depends on where you need to commute to in the morning. If you say where that is then it will be easier to steer you the right direction. Very few places would be against traffic unless you were driving north from the south. Think Seattle to Everett as an example, for Boeing which many folks do.

There are many great neighborhoods and towns but if schools were your number one criteria I would start in Bothell (Northshore Schools) which is relatively close to the city with great schools and plenty of wonderful housing options and a nice community feel. If you are driving into Seattle though you will encounter plenty of traffic during commuting hours.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:02 AM

337 posts, read 444,075 times
Most of your criteria seems to fit Bellevue except for affordability. The best schools are in Bvue, it's safe, commute times to downtown Seattle and into Bellevue are pretty short overall with good transit options and there is an Asian population.

What do you do for work? What is your family income level? Where do you and your wife both work? These questions have a lot to do with where you'll live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area