Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 AM

413 posts, read 789,396 times

Advertisements

So, it came out in May 2013 that Buffalo Wild Wings was finalizing a lease on some space in Downtown Seattle

Since then I've heard nothing. Now it's the NFL playoffs. I thought for sure they'd scramble to get this new B-Dubs open for the playoffs of the most popular sport in America, but it doesn't seem that way.

The logical choice for a Buffalo Wild Wings would be the old Fox Sports Grill (which changed ownership awhile back and became The Edge Grill or some nonsense and then closed last year).

I keep meaning to swing by the old Fox Sports Grill and take a peek to see what if anything is going on there, but I haven't had occasion to do that.

Has anyone heard or seen anything about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 03:09 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I heard only that one was opening at Southcenter, probably about now. Have you tried Wingdome on Greenwood, or Wing Stop in Bellevue at 148th and Main?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 PM

413 posts, read 789,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I heard only that one was opening at Southcenter, probably about now. Have you tried Wingdome on Greenwood, or Wing Stop in Bellevue at 148th and Main?
Wing Dome has decent wings but they're unremarkable for an establishment whose presumable core competency is buffalo wings. But the last time I visited, Shawn Kemp was there (!) which scores it some points. I haven't tried Wing Stop.

At this point, the best buffalo wings I have had in Seattle were at St. Andrews, the Scottish pub at the north end of Green Lake. Weird, right? The only comparable buffalo wings I've had were (gasp) in downtown Portland at a Buffalo Wild Wings - the only thing Portland has on Seattle.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:11 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,442 times
I don't think Buffalo wings are a particularly big thing in Seattle (I prefer fried pickles), and chain restaurants get the major side-eye in the city itself. There are tons of other pubs/bars to watch the game in. If you want a chain bar with beer, but I haven't a clue about their wings, try Yard House. Or, for a big beer selection and decent food, though not a "pub", try Taphouse. Or Rock Bottom.

Popular sports bars here: Buckley's (locations in LQA and Belltown), Sport and Spitfire. And various neighborhood pubs.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,865,361 times
B-Dubs is actually quite popular in the Seattle area as they have 3 locations (Federal Way, Lynwood, Edmonds). I wish the wings scene is better here. Wing Dome is... pathetic, honestly. Others are ok.

Them setting a location (well, at least trying to) seems to be a natural move-- it would at least be replacing Hooters. But this may be showing that Seattle DT area is business un-friendly.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
B-Dubs is actually quite popular in the Seattle area as they have 3 locations (Federal Way, Lynwood, Edmonds). I wish the wings scene is better here. Wing Dome is... pathetic, honestly. Others are ok.

Them setting a location (well, at least trying to) seems to be a natural move-- it would at least be replacing Hooters. But this may be showing that Seattle DT area is business un-friendly.
I had no idea they had locations here! Learn something every day.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:12 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,865,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
I had no idea they had locations here! Learn something every day.
Gosh, if you haven't been, you should go! Lots of tv on all possible sport games (and there's a great variety). Personally I play the trivia games with friends. It's a fun place.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM

I am the bigger sports buff in our family, but I do not like Buffalo wings. When we go to a bar, there are some places closer to us that we like, like McMenamins.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:26 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Does it take time to get a liquor licenses in DT Seattle? Could that be the reason for the delay?

Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 PM

474 posts, read 1,455,121 times
Chains like Buffalo Wild Wings typically die a quick death in Seattle proper. I recall Planet Hollywood having a huge opening and locals giving a collective yawn at the awful food and manufactured atmosphere. Hard to survive downtown or nearby if you aren't on your a-game with regards to food, sports bar or not. Hooters couldn't even make it in South Lake Union, in a neighborhood populated by lonely nerds. Red Robin started here, which partly explains their success, but it's more the fact that they're insanely consistent in the quality of their food and experience.

If you're downtown and want sports, check out Spitfire, Elysian Fields (near the stadiums) or Buckleys. Anywhere in Pioneer Square, really. There are also a ton of great neighborhood sportsbars (e.g the Dock in Fremont, Bleachers in Greenwood, multiple Ballard spots, etc).

If you want a specific chain experience, you're better off in the far-flung burbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area