Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:30 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,514,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
This is so amazing… I know Seattleites who've now suddenly become huge Seahawk fans… yet have never watched football before in their lives (it's kinda spooky actually…lol)!!
I may become one of those people, the enthusiasm is contagious! Love the whole 12fh man thing. Even babies are in jerseys today. Go Hawks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 09:41 PM

603 posts, read 873,849 times
Fact: "12th man" belongs to Texas A&M, it's been used by them since the 1920s.

Why are Hawks fans such bandwagoners?
Why is Carroll such a sleaze ball?
Why won't Sherman shut his mouth?

I swear so many "fans" I know didn't even pay attention to football 2 seasons ago.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:31 PM

32 posts, read 43,240 times
I'm just going to skip over post #12 and say the Seahawks are awesome! I can't really root for the Niners, but I want them next! Then it's Superbowl time! There are always bandwagon fans, new fans, and fair weathered fans. The best fans are the ones that stick by the team- thick or thin. This is a great year! Enjoy it!

Old 01-11-2014, 10:43 PM

309 posts, read 756,758 times
It's basically just your typical bandwagon scene. I remember back in 2001 when everyone in Seattle was on the Mariners bandwagon.

The 12th Man was a tradition started by Texas A&M University back in 1922. So Texas A&M is the original 12th Man.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM

309 posts, read 756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post

I swear so many "fans" I know didn't even pay attention to football 2 seasons ago.
I agree. Well said.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:05 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,619,808 times
Wow, everyone needs to slow down a bit.

As for the 12th man, the first professional team to market it successfully is Seattle. Texas A&M may have orgininated it, but Seattle can be credited for taking it to the next level.

Secondly, the Seahawks still have a lot of work to do to become significant. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bigtime fan, but there are still two more games that must be won to become champions. Please don't count your seahawks before they are hatched. I would like to see Carolina invade the clink, as I think this provides the best odds for Seattle.

Let's just not get too ahead of where we are. Yep, it feels good right now. But it is one week at a time, and if we lose then we become a footnote. And I will add R. Wilson needs to be better in the next two weeks for a championship. I am hopeful, but also realistic.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:58 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,514,358 times
The "12th man" was used before Texas A&M, but they were the first to trademark the term. They licensed the use of this phrase to the Seahawks. Regardless, this city is the loudest 12th man that ever was.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,441,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post

LOL I love when people post this stuff about the Seahawks. You must not know how professional sports works. When a team is young, exciting, and winning, they start to grow a HUGE fanbase. The Patriots used to be known as the bandwagon team, the 49ers were when Harbaugh got there. Even in the NBA, Miami Heat, Oklahoma Thunder, LA clippers, small fanbase until there started to become something. The same is happening with the Seahawks. With that said the Seahawks have sold out 90 straight home games so bandwagon fans or not their is a huge Seahawks following in Seattle and there always will be.

How is Carroll a sleaze? He is exciting, has a great personality, allows tries his best to get involved in the community. Are you calling him that because the USC scandal? That had to do with players and boosters not coaches. He happened to get out at the right time. He allows wanted anoth chance at the NFL and he is making the most of it.

You can hate Sherman all you want but he is the best corner in the league without argument. He backs up his talk on the field. He was a late round draft pick, just like alot of the Seahawks. Passed up by other teams and they come out everyday with a chip on their shoulders to prove to the league what they missed out on.

I don't understand hating on fanbases. Oh and yeah the 12th man was originally from Texas A&M but it's never been represented as the way it has until it came to Seattle.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:44 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,862,673 times
BEAST MODE II!

49ers would be interesting for the rivalry aspect, but I think the Seahawks will have a better chance without having to face them...

Old 01-12-2014, 07:44 AM

462 posts, read 739,010 times
The Last play of the game with the illegal forward pass had to be one the most hilarious things ive seen in a playoff game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area