Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,774 times

Advertisements

Question:

WA Guys between 25-40, if all were the same on a woman(body, education, personality, level of attractiveness and etc), would you prefer dating someone of your own race or it doesn't matter? Am I put at a natural disadvantage becasue I am not the same race with you? I am not opposed to dating Asian men although I tend to prefer caucasian guys over men of other races. (there are many elements though...personality overall is still the most important).

So here's the deal. Where I live right now, there are not many Asian women. I get attention partically cuz I am different; I stand out. I am looking forward to dating life in Seattle, and hopefully to snatch myself a great guy. After reading countless threads about the m/f ratio, and how Seattle girls don't dress to impress, I think I have a good chance. But again, I think most threads may be geared toward caucasian women? I dunno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 05:07 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
I think it's quite possible that the negative posts about sloppy Seattle women are mostly written about Caucasians.
This could be to your advantage, however your disadvantage will be that there are a TON of Asian women here (especially in my affluent community... married to white guys too) and IMO nearly all of them are incredibly beautiful, classy and well-dressed (at least they seem to be on the Eastside).

Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

I don't date anymore and haven't in nearly a decade. I'm not young but not yet 40. However, if I were to date, I would greatly prefer it not be a female of my race. I don't find the majority of them physically attractive, but the real issue is the attitude.

Last edited by Count David; 01-30-2014 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 01-29-2014, 11:06 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
There's a paper out there that got written for a Psychology paper, and here's the breakdown:

No matter where in the world the researchers looked, both men and women preferred to date within their race, period. However, when the door is opened to other options, then those people will be naturally more inclined to date outside their race in the future.

Me, personally, am a mutt but I prefer white women. However, I am currently married to an east asian (btw we have south asians ... Indians, Pakistani, Thai, etc and east asians ... chinese, korean, japanese ... so you have to be specific).

Anyway, I think you will find here that the general population is at least superficially more open, as in if you did date a white or black guy that the parents wouldn't have any issues most likely. But statistically, no matter where you go, you're always looking up a curve if you want to date interracially. That said, there are over 2 million men in the area. Shy, introverted, gamer or REI fanatic, subaru driving nerds working for Microsoft or Toyota/Honda box driving, niche interest nerds working for Boeing, many of them. You will also find that dating inside the company you work for is MUCH MUCH MUCH more prevalent here. I was shocked when I moved here. Back home, you NEVER, EVER dipped the pen in the company ink unless she was a knockout and was literally dripping over you. Not so here. I have met no fewer than 12 couples who met at the company, dated, and eventually married. Many even in the same department.

TL;DR: yes, statistically, no matter where in the world, you're against the odds but those who have dated outside their race will tend to be more open minded and you're bound to find great guys thanks to this being a major city.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:37 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Back home, you NEVER, EVER dipped the pen in the company ink
I've always loved this comment, and have done it more times than I can count. Even married it.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:47 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,824,413 times
Doesn't matter too much as long as there is chemistry, etc. My ex wife is half black / half white and I had no problem with it. My son is 1/4 black / 3/4 white and you can tell he's mixed when you look at him. I have found many women of both my race and other races attractive so no it doesn't really matter much as I said, as long is there is chemistry and such.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:33 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
I prefer dating someone who will end up doing my laundry and cook me dinner... Race is only important if it results in the laundry not being done and the dinner not tasting good..

Old 01-30-2014, 07:11 AM

603 posts, read 877,422 times
Yes, and it has nothing to do with me having anything against people of other cultures. When thinking in the long-term, I would like to spend my life with somebody who has been raised with the same culture and traditions I have, and I want my children to experience the same. I find more common ground with women in my own race. Given, I don't find women of my race to be attractive, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:28 AM

1,630 posts, read 3,883,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I prefer dating someone who will end up doing my laundry and cook me dinner... Race is only important if it results in the laundry not being done and the dinner not tasting good..
I now understand your many other posts ...

Old 01-30-2014, 02:17 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
I now understand your many other posts ...
I know I should be skinned alive and burned at the stake for my evil desires, especially in the Feminist capital o f the world..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area