Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:08 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
The UW should jack up the cost for out of state kids to 60 k a quarter make all the money you can. I think out of state kids pay 24k a quarter now it needs to go up. BTW I can pay my own way no one is going to give me money. Also I am sure I will not get any government help
No, it doesn't need to go up. The UW is recruiting elite students from China, and charging them astronomical fees, so US students don't have to worry about subsidizing the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Out-of-state students have to have higher GPA's than in-state students. As a state school, the UW exists to serve in-state students, btw. That chip on your shoulder is affecting your vision.
Well I all ready plan on applying to ASU or UNLV or Airzona or University of Portland or Georgia State university to name a few. I got family in all of those location's.

That is if I do not get into the UW or Seattle university or SPU.

I see my fellow students as people trying to take my spot and keep me down in poverty working a dead end job until I am 80 years old.

Also my dad has an average job and his dad had an average job it is time to break the cycle.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:31 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,082,890 times
Quote:
Well I all ready plan on applying to ASU or UNLV or Airzona or University of Portland or Georgia State university to name a few. I got family in all of those location's.

That is if I do not get into the UW or Seattle university or SPU.

I see my fellow students as people trying to take my spot and keep me down in poverty working a dead end job until I am 80 years old.

Also my dad has an average job and his dad had an average job it is time to break the cycle.
Nothing wrong with that. But, since I'm in the grammar police, you may want to brush up on the spelling, proper capitalization and pronunciation of things before you write/type anything official in the application process.

Even UNLV.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:53 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Nothing wrong with that. But, since I'm in the grammar police, you may want to brush up on the spelling, proper capitalization and pronunciation of things before you write/type anything official in the application process.

Even UNLV.
Yea , I just need to proof read things before posting . On top of that posting g using my cell phone at work does not give me much time to read this beforehand.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,082,890 times
Quote:
Yea , I just need to proof read things before posting . On top of that posting g using my cell phone at work does not give me much time to read this beforehand.
Understood, fair enough.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:39 PM

305 posts, read 449,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
The constant flakiness, fakeness, insincere, close-mindedness (yes, close-minded), freezy thing that people have going on here is just something you have to get used to. It is a bizarre social climate that took me a while to get used to (I still don't think I'm fully used to it yet, in all honesty). My best advice is not to take people too seriously here. If someone says to you "Hey, lets hang out tomorrow night at 8:30 pm at (insert club name here). Just know that is seattleite speak for "Hey, there is a 15-25 percent chance I would like to hang out with you tomorrow night at 8:30 pm at (insert club name here) and I most likely won't even send you as much as a text to let you know I'm flaking". Train your brain not to take them seriously and do not become one of them. Also, look for fresh off the boat East Coasters and Midwesterners that havent been "Seattleized" yet! The coolest people by far I have met here are from those areas of the country where the social climate is much more normal.
The difference between Seattle and everywhere else: in Seattle, a person will be cold and distant to you until you give them a reason to like you. Everywhere else, a person will be warm and friendly to you until you give them a reason NOT to like you.

Last edited by DP79; 02-23-2014 at 01:48 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 10:52 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
The difference between Seattle and everywhere else: in Seattle, a person will be cold and distant to you until you give them a reason to like you. Everywhere else, a person will be warm and friendly to you until you give them a reason NOT to like you.
Yes this is what I have experienced with very few exceptions.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,571,855 times
I walked through SU's student area on a recent trip up there. I had been kicking around the idea of an MBA and was just curious what the campus was like, because it looked so beautiful from the outside. Man, lol do I feel sorry for the kids that go there. "Sterile" is a great description. Night and day different from my undergrad campus where there were great looking girls everywhere, parties 24/7 (and yes I studied very hard 5 days per week), and just an overall great vibe. I imagine UW is a much funner place. UC Davis is full of braniacs but still has an open, laid back and interactive vibe. I feel sorry for the kids trying to socialize at SU. At least they are getting a great education, which is what college is suppose provide afterall. But at the same time you only get one chance to live up that 4 yr period of your life.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:35 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,571,855 times
E
Quote:
Eh, don't worry so much about spelling. Your app is going to judged by your accomplishments both in and outside of the classroom. Just try to make sure the application reflects the potential success that you will be once you graduate from University X. You are applying to be their inventory, to be sold on the outside once you graduate. Proofread a lil and F the grammar police.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:00 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,479,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
I walked through SU's student area on a recent trip up there. I had been kicking around the idea of an MBA and was just curious what the campus was like, because it looked so beautiful from the outside. Man, lol do I feel sorry for the kids that go there. "Sterile" is a great description. Night and day different from my undergrad campus where there were great looking girls everywhere, parties 24/7 (and yes I studied very hard 5 days per week), and just an overall great vibe. I imagine UW is a much funner place. UC Davis is full of braniacs but still has an open, laid back and interactive vibe. I feel sorry for the kids trying to socialize at SU. At least they are getting a great education, which is what college is suppose provide afterall. But at the same time you only get one chance to live up that 4 yr period of your life.
With all due respect, man, Seattle U is a Jesuit university. That one fact in and of itself is going to greatly influence the student population in a more sober direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area