Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:05 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
For anyone wanting to move to Seattle, the worst time to visit would be August, because it would be sunny and warm. Your expectations at that point might be unrealistic. If you visit in January, and it doesn't seem that bad, then maybe you could live here.
I interpreted it as a weather question. Der.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 02:31 AM

73 posts, read 165,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Why do I want to move to Seattle?

Because I like watching the faces of San Diegans contort in crippling bewilderment when I tell them I prefer Seattle to San Diego.
LOL, But how can you prefer any place more than "America's Finest City"?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 PM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
"Why the HELL would you move to Seattle?"

Not a clue. As far as I'm concerned, Seattle itself is one of the most uninspired, horrid cities in the United States. The place is so devoid of culture that it actively cherry-picks and rips off cultural stimuli and movements from other parts of the country to fill the void.

The region, though, is perhaps one of the most beautiful and unique places in the entire country. This odd blend of frenetic, west coast living with the old west makes for very interesting living, affecting my perception of everything from architecture to scenery. I'm a big advocate of places like the Olympic Peninsula and the Skagit Valley. But Seattle itself? Seattle is a joke.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:44 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post

Not a clue. As far as I'm concerned, Seattle itself is one of the most uninspired, horrid cities in the United States. The place is so devoid of culture that it actively cherry-picks and rips off cultural stimuli and movements from other parts of the country to fill the void.

The region, though, is perhaps one of the most beautiful and unique places in the entire country. This odd blend of frenetic, west coast living with the old west makes for very interesting living, affecting my perception of everything from architecture to scenery. I'm a big advocate of places like the Olympic Peninsula and the Skagit Valley. But Seattle itself? Seattle is a joke.
Go to page one and read the OP's question. This was supposed to be a gun thread.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 PM

570 posts, read 1,729,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
9% is pennies compared to the "additional taxes"the federal pat down that goes down every check.
well, then i have to move out of the country and renunciation my citizenship. many people are already doing it anyway.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:43 AM

918 posts, read 1,697,504 times
Well, that's weird.

Anytime I travel and tell people I live in Seattle, everyone gets insanely jealous.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:09 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post

I have to agree, Seattle plain sucks and it is getting worse. I love the mountain areas outside of the city, I love it when there is heavy snow in the mountains and enjoy taking trips up there during snow storms, I also love going up there in the summer on nice days, it's really hard to beat. Rattlesnake Ridge, Wallace Falls, Diablo Lake, Mt. Si, etc. The views are insane on clear days, and the air is 100% fresh which is spectacular.

The "free thinking" and "educated" population of Seattle is slowly (although these days much more quickly) ruining the area... It's filthy, run down, overpriced, and the populous is extremely unfriendly, close-minded, and passive-aggressive. I always laugh a bit when people mention Seattle as a "world-class" city. World-class? Compared to what, Ellensburg? Perhaps, but as someone who has lived in several *real* world-class cities, I can't help but find the notion Seattle belongs in that conversation laughable.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:15 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Well, that's weird.

Anytime I travel and tell people I live in Seattle, everyone gets insanely jealous.
Yea, I usually get the "Why (the hell) would you move from Seattle?"

Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,753 times
Some funny ones I've heard from others:

1. To find a man - this one is due to seattles supposed higher male:female ratio
2. To run away from problems elsewhere (this is a common one)
3. More welfare services and non-profits that give unemployed people money and other items
4. To get away from Hispanic and black minorities.
5. Because the climate and environment is ideal for a redhead who burns easily
6. Because i didnt have enough money or job skills for california, and seattle was the next best thing (this is mine)
7. Hipsters

Old 05-01-2014, 12:56 PM

279 posts, read 480,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Some funny ones I've heard from others:

1. To find a man - this one is due to seattles supposed higher male:female ratio
2. To run away from problems elsewhere (this is a common one)
3. More welfare services and non-profits that give unemployed people money and other items
4. To get away from Hispanic and black minorities.
5. Because the climate and environment is ideal for a redhead who burns easily
6. Because i didnt have enough money or job skills for california, and seattle was the next best thing (this is mine)
7. Hipsters

#2 works for me. I'm running from the super conservative religious people of Orange County, CA. ::RUNNING FAST::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area