Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2006, 07:53 PM

5 posts, read 20,473 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be relocating to the Seattle area within the next couple of weeks. I have been looking all over from tacoma to seattle and so on. We've researched some Townhomes, lofts, apartments, homes for rent and so on.

My wife and I actually used to live in Kirkland, Wa a couple years back.. We spent about 6 months in the area from Jan-July for work related issues and then the contract ended and we went back to our house in NJ...We both loved it out in Seattle..

Anyway, this time it's more of a full time move for job related issues and from what I knowt, I am pretty sure the job location will be around Auburn, Wa...

I'd prefer a 2 story + townhouse or a nice sized loft at this point.. I'm in IT, so as far as rent, I could afford around $2k per month, but I'd prefer to stay around $1200 or less per month. We own a house in NJ now, but we probably will wind up renting it out as my parents and brother will be able to fix any problems tenants may have, but I want to get to know the Seattle or Tacoma area and so on a lot more before I actually am looking to purchase a house..

From what I read about crime, pollution, weather, and pricing, It really isn't a comparison considering where I live a small ranch/rambler is over $600k and so on.

What should I expect and what are some of the better areas that you think would be great to live in?

I liked this one new townhouse development in Tacoma, Wa for around $1000 per month. It has 3 stories and various units. The only problem is the guy informed me he hopes the new townhomes around 45th street and the tacoma mall area won't be ready until at least mid december.

Any help would be appreciated as it is sort of a last minute move and the opportunity is too great to miss at the company , so telling them to wait a month or so until I move is not an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area