Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,822 times

Advertisements

seattle is trying real hard to come up with tourism slogans, I think. first it was "say wa", now its "metronatural". how much are you guys getting paid for this stuff? am I the only one that feels this was money not well spent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 05:29 PM

642 posts, read 3,072,779 times
Am I being cynical in saying that Seattle is usually not known for its creativity professionally? This is coming from an old professional media type that used to live in Seattle. For such a world class city, there is something still so . . . unsophisticated about it. (I realize some people like this. Not me.) But everything else it has to offer usually makes up for it. I had hoped the influx of Californians would have changed this 'lack' (of whatever 'this' is-wish I could put a finger on it.) Based on those silly, completeley uninspiring slogans, I guess not.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM

454 posts, read 906,016 times
this is truly embarrassing. What brainiac thought that the work "metro" had anything to do with Seattle and surrounds other than the bus system. Oh, maybe they used some of the sound transit funds for this and were obligated to use the word Metro!

So here's to the hard working folks who bring us such things as this. I'll give you a couple of slogans for free.

Visit North Dakota - It's warmer than the North pole.
New Orleans - Wetter is better.
Los Angeles - don't trust air you can't see.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:48 AM

the dufferz I think it is clear. The city has just gone and hired the wrong firm. You need to put up that shingle ! I especially love the LA one. Maybe I'm partial because I live here and all.

I posted in another thread how all the biggest west coast businesses (i.e. MS, Intel, you name it) have all their major branding etc initiated out of LA. Yes they use their in house staff and local business for projects etc, but the big picture of the biggest campaigns comes out of LA for the entire west coast. This is why.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:12 AM

922 posts, read 1,908,822 times
so you think it was an LA liberal that thought up the slogan? let me try, seattle "naturallyfishy". ok send it back to LA.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:
mark6052 says: so you think it was an LA liberal that thought up the slogan? let me try, seattle "naturallyfishy". ok send it back to LA.

EWWW LOL. I'm getting a visual on that one. Feeling a little slimy just thinking about it.

Actually I was thinking a Seattle firm thought of both of them. But now that you mention it, it may have been some LA liberal that had a resentment against all the people moving up there to get away from them (only to learn about granola buds ). Actually I love Seattle and just dishin' it out a little, please forgive me. I know there is more to go around in this pollution invested, botoxed gang bangers (can you get a visual on that! LOL) world.

My horrendous stab is:
a. Be sure to bring your gun or machete while shopping or to be more slogany: Gun or machete accepted here
b. Home of the WTO! (for those of you who remember and happened to have been there back in 1999.) What a utter circus.

Speaking of LA liberals, I read Charlize Theron's boyfriend is directing a movie on that whole WTO incident and it made me laugh as he is basically looking at it from the side of the protesters. Which made me sort of sick as I worked downtown during that whole time and walked to work in it (couldn't drive or take the bus as they totally shut down the roadways. I walked 10 miles to work and 10 miles back home after.).

I was straight out of college (Evergreen) so I wasn't unused to political protests and radical ones at that-I even participated in a few myself-okay started a few ). But this looked like a bunch of young ignorant kids with brainwashed group think, and when I looked in there wild eyes and saw what they did to our city, it scared me and made me very angry. They were empty, dark, angry eyes.

It is going to be interesting to see just how completely stupid that movie about it is going to be. Of course I'll read the reviews when it comes out and if it is too one sided I am not going to go. I bet you they don't even shoot it in Seattle either. Most of it will probably be shot in Vancouver BC as usual.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:17 PM

454 posts, read 906,016 times
well, who ever though it up forgot to take their medication... or took to much.

Seattle, we are the Emerald City, home of the space needle. but why not key off of our stongest point:

Slug city. Come get slimed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: