Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:25 AM

5 posts, read 7,019 times

Advertisements

Back on topic.

I don't think this lady will have a difficult time dating. There's allot more guy looking for girls than girls looking for guys in Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 01:13 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
You'll be fine. One of the funniest (but true) comparisons I heard from a girl I went to school with - she'd just move up from Arizona - was "Down there, guys wouldn't pay attention to me if I didn't wear makeup and dress up. Here, I don't even have to shave my legs and guys ask me out all the time".
Yeaah, that's kind of an unfortunate summary of what the guys are up against in that corner of the country.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:19 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
You're the first person I've heard moving from Denver to Seattle. I made just the opposite move a few months ago.

Like you said, you like "guy" guys. Well, in Seattle there are a lot of sportive guys, a lot of wealthy guys, and also a lot of artsy guys. In terms of the typical mid-west guy that can build a house by himself, I really didn't see many while I was there. But Seattle is big enough a city that you can find just about any type of person there. It may take time to find the right person, but he's out there.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
All this in a thread for single lady coming to Man-attle? I am befuddled. Seattle (Man-attle), is a smorgasbord for single women of any race, age, lifestyle, body type, and etc. Lets be honest. The OP will have will have gone to heaven upon arrival in Seattle, imo. There should not even be an inkling of an issue for OP and dating in Seattle.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 03-05-2014 at 10:06 PM..

Old 03-06-2014, 05:40 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
All this in a thread for single lady coming to Man-attle? I am befuddled. Seattle (Man-attle), is a smorgasbord for single women of any race, age, lifestyle, body type, and etc. Lets be honest. The OP will have will have gone to heaven upon arrival in Seattle, imo. There should not even be an inkling of an issue for OP and dating in Seattle.
She'll be fine then coming from "Menver"

Old 03-07-2014, 12:07 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
You're the first person I've heard moving from Denver to Seattle. I made just the opposite move a few months ago.

Like you said, you like "guy" guys. Well, in Seattle there are a lot of sportive guys, a lot of wealthy guys, and also a lot of artsy guys. In terms of the typical mid-west guy that can build a house by himself, I really didn't see many while I was there. But Seattle is big enough a city that you can find just about any type of person there. It may take time to find the right person, but he's out there.
Yeah, but will he have the balls to talk to her? Seattle dudes are notorious for their passivity. The few of us who have no trouble talking to women have an easy time of it. But it's tough for the women. Should be interesting to see how the OP fares after she gets settled in. If we haven't scared her away, lol!

Old 03-07-2014, 12:09 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Only if the lady doesn't mind approaching men herself. If she's used to being friendly, it might work. But I dated friendly women, Cali transplants, and they said they couldn't get very far with Seattle dudes. OP, check out the thread on the Seattle Freeze. That should give you something to think about.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:26 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Yeah, but will he have the balls to talk to her? Seattle dudes are notorious for their passivity. The few of us who have no trouble talking to women have an easy time of it. But it's tough for the women. Should be interesting to see how the OP fares after she gets settled in. If we haven't scared her away, lol!
Dudes that don't have the balls to talk to women are not "men" men. As long as the OP looks approachable and is sociable she won't have much of an issue. When I was in Seattle I felt the competition was fierce because I saw just about every single woman in the bar/club was accompanied by at least a guy.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
There may be an inkling of truth to men not approaching women, in Seattle. But the real story, is that most of the good looking women in Seattle, whether at the gym, or at the bar, put out a foreboding air that says "do not approach me"! I have never, ever found women in Seattle, in general, to be warm and receptive when approached. Maybe one or two every once in a great while.

IMHO, this is a mostly false notion born out of the political correctness, that "women can do no wrong", in our society, and especially in Seattle. I would go further to even say that women in Seattle are the culprits of the Seattle Freeze, more so then men in Seattle, in my opinion. Seattle is an insanely tough city to be single guy in, period.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 03-07-2014 at 02:52 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 02:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
There may be an inkling of truth to men not approaching women, in Seattle. But the real story, is that most of the good looking women in Seattle, whether at the gym, or at the bar, put out a foreboding air that says "do not approach me"! I have never, ever found women in Seattle, in general, to be warm and receptive when approached. Maybe one or two every once in a great while.

IMHO, this is a mostly false notion born out of the political correctness, that "women can do no wrong", in our society, and especially in Seattle. I would go further to even say that women in Seattle are the culprits of the Seattle Freeze, more so then men in Seattle, in my opinion. Seattle is an insanely tough city to be single guy in, period.
Well, you didn't approach me! You would have gotten a friendly reception. My friends were also open to talking to randoms, but they only got approached once in a blue moon. I did know one woman who got approached all the time, and she never turned anyone down for a date, which meant that she dated constantly. So idk, I guess it just means there are all kinds in Seattle, and some men just have bad luck, they don't run into the right women, or something...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area