U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,563 times

Advertisements

HI! My husband, my son, and I are looking to move out in to the seattle area. Or somewhere around there. We are living in Colorado right now and struggling very hard. There are some negative influences that we just can't shake as long as we live here. I'm hoping to just get some advice for finding a good entry level job and maybe suggestions on finding housing. Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM

458 posts, read 844,411 times
I am sorry that you are having such a hard time! I feel for you wanting to make a meaningful change in your life and change your environment. I get nervous for people when they choose Seattle for those reasons though because it is an expensive city to live in and not a place that is easy to navigate. If you have family and help here then that makes a big difference. I wonder if there is another place in the country where you have family and connections and people that could help you as you transition.

There are areas outside of Seattle that are much more affordable than the city itself so perhaps one of those places. Just make sure you have money saved for at least three months of living expenses while you search for employment. It is difficult to find housing in our area without employment which is why I suggest going somewhere where you have support and help.

Best of luck to you!

Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,563 times
Thank you! I do realize it is an expensive city were looking more around the area. I have been able to find quite a bit on craigslist that is close to the cost of Colorado. So I feel good about that. My biggest worry is finding a job for my Husband. I am a stay at home mom.

I can totally understand moving somewhere with family is easier. Unfortunately my family is mainly here in colorado (and also who I would like to get some space from). We have taken a look around at other states I know there are some places that are cheaper or offer some other things but for some reason Seattle Calls to me. It's weird I keep dreaming about it. They just put up a billboard near my house offering non stop flights from here to seattle. It just comes up everywhere I go. In a weird way I feel like we are supposed to go there. Thank you for your advice about the areas around it I will definitely be checking those out.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:44 AM

458 posts, read 844,411 times
Look in Everett, particularly Historic North Everett. Mill Creek too. Obviously the closer you get to the city the more expensive it gets. Everett is 30 miles north of Seattle located on the water and is a city unto itself. Public transportation is excellent from Everett to Seattle and because it is a real city, an economic core exists. Boeing is based in Everett as an example as is a major US Naval station that employees many civilians.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 PM

21 posts, read 42,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoorhouse View Post
Thank you! I do realize it is an expensive city were looking more around the area. I have been able to find quite a bit on craigslist that is close to the cost of Colorado. So I feel good about that. My biggest worry is finding a job for my Husband. I am a stay at home mom.

I can totally understand moving somewhere with family is easier. Unfortunately my family is mainly here in colorado (and also who I would like to get some space from). We have taken a look around at other states I know there are some places that are cheaper or offer some other things but for some reason Seattle Calls to me. It's weird I keep dreaming about it. They just put up a billboard near my house offering non stop flights from here to seattle. It just comes up everywhere I go. In a weird way I feel like we are supposed to go there. Thank you for your advice about the areas around it I will definitely be checking those out.
The good thing about Seattle is that there are part of the area that could be very very expensive, and there are some parts that are inexpensive and safe.

you can look for area such as Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville, Greenwood neighborhood. these are inexpensive places but with good community and school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area