Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:27 PM

202 posts, read 406,248 times

Advertisements

I have used WallyPark in the past, which has worked out fine, but I'm curious as to who others may recommend? I am looking for good deals. We are either going to park somewhere for two weeks, or take a taxi to the airport and the car will be left only for one week. Basically, we are flying out for two weeks and my mom is flying out for one of the two weeks. So she can either drive and park the car when she leaves, or we can take the car and leave it parked for the whole two weeks. Confused yet? It appears it would cost about $75 to take a taxi (from Maple Valley) so I'm wondering if in the long run it'd be best to just park for the whole two weeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 03:17 PM

I think we're going to try these guys this time!

Seatac Airport Long Term Parking - Park & Fly | Seatac, Seattle

Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,403,069 times
Since I live outside of the I-5 corridor, and only come to Seattle to use the airport, I have found a solution. I book a room the night before we are scheduled to fly at the Radisson, which is just across the street from the Airport. The parking at the Radisson is free for the first seven nights if so arranged at the time of the booking. I think the Holiday down the road as the same policy. After the first seven days there is a charge but its not that high.

When I lived in the south Seattle area and traveled for Boeing it was convenient to call the airport shuttle which was door to door service and the cost were about half of what a taxi cost.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times
For airport parking, I can't recommend ShuttlePark2 enough. I've used them three times, and they've been tremendous each and every time.

ShuttlePark2 Seatac Airport Parking

Old 03-27-2014, 11:50 AM

489 posts, read 963,478 times
We use MasterPark, the covered garage. It may cost more, but the customer service is most excellent and we get air miles on Alaska Airlines.

-Mike

Old 03-27-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
For airport parking, I can't recommend ShuttlePark2 enough. I've used them three times, and they've been tremendous each and every time.

ShuttlePark2 Seatac Airport Parking
I have used the airport shuttle about a hundred times at least and it is the most convenience method to avoid airport parking fees. Totally the only way to go.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I have used the airport shuttle about a hundred times at least and it is the most convenience method to avoid airport parking fees. Totally the only way to go.
Assuming a one night stay that can go up to $200. Vs. just under $100 for a security monitored parking that does not require a credit card.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 AM

Thank you for the suggestions! I may change our reservation - Shuttle2Park has a coupon!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Assuming a one night stay that can go up to $200. Vs. just under $100 for a security monitored parking that does not require a credit card.
What $200 stay? I think you posted to the wrong post.

Using the airport shuttle doesn't cost any where near that and is a lot less than $100 unless maybe you live in Yakima or something. Even where I now live the airport shuttle cost about $50+ (senior discount) the last time I used it, and I live on the Peninsula. In fact I can catch a commuter flight from PA to Seatac for a little more than $100 and the parking is free.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
What $200 stay? I think you posted to the wrong post.

Using the airport shuttle doesn't cost any where near that and is a lot less than $100 unless maybe you live in Yakima or something. Even where I now live the airport shuttle cost about $50+ (senior discount) the last time I used it, and I live on the Peninsula. In fact I can catch a commuter flight from PA to Seatac for a little more than $100 and the parking is free.
Are you reading your own posts before responding? You said:

Quote:
Since I live outside of the I-5 corridor, and only come to Seattle to use the airport, I have found a solution. I book a room the night before we are scheduled to fly at the Radisson, which is just across the street from the Airport. The parking at the Radisson is free for the first seven nights if so arranged at the time of the booking. I think the Holiday down the road as the same policy. After the first seven days there is a charge but its not that high..
The LOWEST rate at the Radisson for one night stay plus tax is nearly $140. That assumes nobody is staying there, which is rare. The rate goes sky high if there's a convention, a lot of commuters (like you), etc. You can sometimes expect nearly $200 or more for a one night room at that hotel. All so you can get 7 days of "free parking".

Versus going to a park-and-ride such as ShuttlePark2 that charges less than $10 a day - so for the same 7 days, you're spending in total less than you would doing it the way you suggest. Even if you got the room for the lowest rate you're still cheaper at ShuttlePark2 by at least $70 for a 7-day trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area