Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 PM

15 posts, read 22,189 times

Advertisements

Yes. Thank you for all of answers although my reply is so late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM

171 posts, read 355,705 times
OP, I think you just have to accept that there is no Chick-Fil-A in Seattle. Mourn your loss, and eagerly anticipate the deliciousness on your next visit to an area with CFA. In the meantime, I would suggest adapting to your new culture by exploring your local food chains and discovering new favorites. May I recommend starting with Ivar's?

Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,660,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Hardees is what the restaurant is known as on the east coast. It's Carl's Jr on the west coast, and they exist in the Seattle area. They are newer in these parts so there are only a few.
Yes, under the same umbrella, and the food does have a similar taste, however the menus are somewhat different. (Same thing with different names?)...

I, for one, enjoy regional chains. It is fun to experience food that you can't get in your home area. I am a Seattle native, but my first stop whenever I come back is "Dick's". You just can't a burger exactly like they make them anywhere in the country, especially for the low price.

As for the Hardees/Carls Jr. conglomeration, it certainly wasn't always that way. Carls Jr. was a California chain, and IMO was much better when it limited itself to that area. Now that you can get it almost everywhere, via Carls or Hardees, it isn't as special. BTW, the Hardees brand still exists as far west as Montana and Wyoming.

My first visit to In-n-Out was sometime in the early 80's and was amazed at the concept of double drive-thru's...(only in California). Now most newer McDonalds have the same concept, just updated.

In-n-Out has been expanding, but slowly. They like to be within 8 hours of their distribution centers to keep everything fresh. They have one in Texas and Utah outside of their original Southern Cal center. So where have they expanded? Texas and Utah. Idaho and Colorado could be next based on their gameplan.

Other faves around the country include "Culvers", mostly midwest, and "Whattaburger", mostly Texas and the south. "Rallys/Checkers" offers up some decent fast food mostly east. And "Steak 'n Shake" is a fastfood place in the midwest and southeast that specializes in higher quality burgers.

With all that being said, is it just me, or as one ages does this kind of food become less appealing? (I will give Dick's an exemption on that question!)

Last edited by pw72; 04-22-2014 at 04:41 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 01:00 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,029,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Quite honestly, I abhor Chik-fil-A. Not just the social issues, but the chicken too. I prefer McD's chicken, quite honestly. Try one of their chicken sandwiches and you'll see it's pretty similar.
I'm sorry but there is no taste comparison between the two. They might both be breaded chicken on a bun but it ends there.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:07 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,029,341 times
I do agree about aging and the lessening appeal of fast food. Last couple of times I had a craving for late night taco bell it wasn't at all the sinful fast food interlude imagined. It was flavorless,salty and just meh.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area