Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:30 PM

279 posts, read 479,830 times

Advertisements

I went to Toulouse Petite in Queen Anne. Great brunch. All around good food. Check it out!

We tried Hi Spot in Madrona. I had the Bengal Benedict. I have to be honest.... I hated it. However everyone in my family besides me had great food. I'd definitely go again. I just would have something different. Super cute place tho!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 AM

279 posts, read 479,830 times
anyone.... anyone??? so there is like 6 people that go to brunch in the entire CD forum? lol

Old 04-28-2014, 01:51 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,826,582 times
Brunch is bad for you.. I do intermittent fasting, as it is actually more healthy for the body to be hungrier earlier in the day and to eat larger meals later in the day. This cycle of eating is more natural to our bodies and will be more beneficial to our health and body metabolism. Sorry, to wreck havoc upon you and insult your religion. But, well brunch is just wrong!

Now, if we want to talk about being religious, Indian Dinner Buffets is a whole other deal.. I truly indulge!!

Old 04-28-2014, 02:11 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,862,944 times
Ha, I normally don't mind brunch... but people in my family have to go to THE Seattle's institution, Beth's Cafe. I hate the place; don't think the food is that great and the restaurant's ambience is... yea. Papers everywhere

However, there's always a line, it's been featured a couple times on those food shows. You might like it. Green Lake is right there.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Ha, I normally don't mind brunch... but people in my family have to go to THE Seattle's institution, Beth's Cafe. I hate the place; don't think the food is that great and the restaurant's ambience is... yea. Papers everywhere

However, there's always a line, it's been featured a couple times on those food shows. You might like it. Green Lake is right there.
I got horrible food poisoning at Beth's (Death's) Cafe.. Please if you eat at this place that had, perhaps, the most disgusting bathroom of any place I have ever seen in a First World Country, then do not order any meat from these people.. THey undercook the meat and their hygiene must be below substandard. I was ill for a couple days after eating at this place.. Their food also taste like crap and their coffee doesnt taste much different than hot water.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:04 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Brunch is bad for you.. I do intermittent fasting, as it is actually more healthy for the body to be hungrier earlier in the day and to eat larger meals later in the day. This cycle of eating is more natural to our bodies and will be more beneficial to our health and body metabolism. Sorry, to wreck havoc upon you and insult your religion. But, well brunch is just wrong!

Now, if we want to talk about being religious, Indian Dinner Buffets is a whole other deal.. I truly indulge!!
Now he's the nutrition maven? I've read that eatimg the heavier meal earlier in the day was the healthiest. I don't think there's universal agreement there. But I love an Indian buffet too, but in the Seattle area, Indian dinner buffets are rare, with lunch buffets common. The East Hill of Kent has an Indian dinner buffet, and it's great. Bellevue's Indian buffets might be frequented by Indians in the software industry, but Kent's are frequented by Indian truck drivers.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Now he's the nutrition maven? I've read that eatimg the heavier meal earlier in the day was the healthiest. I don't think there's universal agreement there. But I love an Indian buffet too, but in the Seattle area, Indian dinner buffets are rare, with lunch buffets common. The East Hill of Kent has an Indian dinner buffet, and it's great. Bellevue's Indian buffets might be frequented by Indians in the software industry, but Kent's are frequented by Indian truck drivers.
If you get into bodybuilding and weightlifting Ira, you will learn from many people that intermittent fasting and eating light throughout the day is essential to maximizing your workout potential.. There are many health gurus, both natural health doctors and fitness/bodybuilding gurus who advocate this type of diet and eating pattern. I think a good majority of obesity could be eliminated if people in our society implemented this type of eating pattern, consuming most of their calories at night and keeping their stomach empty during the day. The problem is that people consume so many empty calories during the day that by the time night comes around, there body's natural desire to feast and eat kicks in and they will consume all the extra calories on top of the calories they ate earlier. That is why phenomenons like night binging is so common. People feel they ate so much earlier, that they have smaller dinner, yet are not satisfied due to the body's natural desire to feast.

Read the book or at least the website of The Warrior Diet by Israeli natural health doctor, Ori Hoffmeckler. There are plenty of people in the bodybuilding/fitness world, like Jason Ferrugia (another health mentor of mine) who discuss the principles and benefits of eating the majority of your calories earlier than later.

If you look back to early humanity, humans were hunters and gatherers and would generally be hunting, walking and exerting lot of physical energy during the day and would have little time to eat. Most humans in these early times would gather and hunt their food and then feast upon it at the end of the day. Many tribal people even to this day still follow this pattern. When I was in Africa, the concept of breakfast was completely unknown.. Breakfast consisted of tea, as eating would slow them down from their work in the fields.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 AM

7 posts, read 12,131 times
Joule in Fremont has great food and fancy breakfast drinks. Though the dishes are a bit pricy an awesome buffet is part of the cost and I am always stuffed by the time we finish there. My husband and I used to be able to just walk in any time on Sundays but it seems to have been discovered and reservations might be necessary now.

Skillet (Capitol Hill and Ballard) has a more traditional brunch with a bit of a twist and yummy drinks. Can have a bit of a wait if you don't get there early.

Roxy's in Fremont is an old favorite with good drinks and great diner food. Once again, a wait is inevitable as the morning gets later.

The main stretch in Ballard has a number of decent places that would fit boozy brunch requirements all within several blocks of easy walking.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:01 AM

172 posts, read 296,731 times
Do people drink cocktails at breakfast!?! Everything's just gone up a whole notch.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:50 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSeasLifestyler View Post
Do people drink cocktails at breakfast!?! Everything's just gone up a whole notch.
Mostly mimosas and bloody mary's

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area