Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:12 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Well the hipsters are short, but don't forget we have a huge Scandinavian community, they certainly aren't known for being short in stature.

well people in Seattle on average seem pretty short. I'm 6'4 and I remember walking into any place in Seattle and hovering over entire crowds. People here in Philly seem pretty tall. I feel more like I'm average height in Philly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 06:59 AM

149 posts, read 232,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
No, he has already said he's keeping it in L.A. He's a good business man, and no one wants to punish the Cipper fans for something said (and illegally recorded) by their owner.
Ha.

I tell you what, WHEN Ballmer move the team to Seattle, lets see how many Seattle residents protest the move for the sake of Sterling.

The Sonics were taken from the fans, and became a very good team.

Well, while the Clippers aren't quite a serious contender, they are definitely on the verge...

...and a lot of people in Seattle would see this as poetic justice.

I'm not even from Seattle. However, I've always felt I had a connection to the city dating back to when I was a huge Ken Griffey Jr. fan as a kid back in the early 90s.

Los Angeles in no way NEED two teams. They already have the Lakers. Most cities WISH they had a team that won 5 championships over the past 15 years.

Once he officially owns the team, the clock will officially start. It doesn't have to happen the moment he becomes the owner.

I will be highly upset if I advocate this move, and they don't get the teal and blue uniforms. I'm obsessed.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,373,554 times
If Ballmer can afford $2 billion for the team, he can afford $500 million for a new arena. If the private owners would just build the arena instead of making some sort of complex deal with the city for public financing or backing they could have a team here in two years.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayDoIGo View Post
Ha.

I tell you what, WHEN Ballmer move the team to Seattle, lets see how many Seattle residents protest the move for the sake of Sterling.

The Sonics were taken from the fans, and became a very good team.

Well, while the Clippers aren't quite a serious contender, they are definitely on the verge...

...and a lot of people in Seattle would see this as poetic justice.

I'm not even from Seattle. However, I've always felt I had a connection to the city dating back to when I was a huge Ken Griffey Jr. fan as a kid back in the early 90s.

Los Angeles in no way NEED two teams. They already have the Lakers. Most cities WISH they had a team that won 5 championships over the past 15 years.

Once he officially owns the team, the clock will officially start. It doesn't have to happen the moment he becomes the owner.

I will be highly upset if I advocate this move, and they don't get the teal and blue uniforms. I'm obsessed.
Ballmer, if this deal happens, will not move the team to Seattle. Why? Because the dude is unemployed, kicked to the curb with his 20 billion dollars by Microsoft. If he moved the team here, who would he hang out with? Dweebs he used to work with. If the team stays in LA? He'd hang out with Hollywood celebrities.
Seattle will get a team. Just not this one.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:13 AM

51 posts, read 67,164 times
Would Seattleites rather have a NHL team or a NBA team?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:24 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times
NBA. nobody cares about the NHL.

we care more about MLS than the NHL.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM

116 posts, read 222,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Seattle has a huge basketball following. very odd since Seattle full of short people
Seattle has produced a ton of NBA talent: Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Aaron Brooks, Doug Christie, Rodney Stuckey, Jason Terry (among others).

Old 05-30-2014, 12:04 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Ballmer, if this deal happens, will not move the team to Seattle. Why? Because the dude is unemployed, kicked to the curb with his 20 billion dollars by Microsoft. If he moved the team here, who would he hang out with? Dweebs he used to work with. If the team stays in LA? He'd hang out with Hollywood celebrities.
Seattle will get a team. Just not this one.
Ballmer still lives in Seattle. Seriously though, who will miss the Clippers if they leave Los Angeles? They are not the Lakers and will never have their level of popularity in the city. Once the Clippers start sucking again, nobody will really care if they relocate out of Los Angeles. Most of the Clippers fans now are just bandwagon Lakers fans who will not support the Clippers once the Lakers start being playoff contenders again. The Clippers will always be in the shadow of the Lakers.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 PM

149 posts, read 232,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanObservor View Post
Seattle has produced a ton of NBA talent: Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Aaron Brooks, Doug Christie, Rodney Stuckey, Jason Terry (among others).
I've read that Seattle is a hotbed for NBA talent...

...even compared to larger metros. I wonder why that is?

Old 05-30-2014, 01:56 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Ballmer still lives in Seattle. Seriously though, who will miss the Clippers if they leave Los Angeles? They are not the Lakers and will never have their level of popularity in the city. Once the Clippers start sucking again, nobody will really care if they relocate out of Los Angeles. Most of the Clippers fans now are just bandwagon Lakers fans who will not support the Clippers once the Lakers start being playoff contenders again. The Clippers will always be in the shadow of the Lakers.
Doesn't. The Clippers aren't leaving LA. The Clippers as the second franchise are still far more valuable than the main franchise in Seattle. No way is the guy paying to 2billion to move them to Seattle so he can kill the value of the team, isn't happening. Plus, the Clippers have always had good support here.

The Clippers will also soon be in position to get a lucrative TV contract of their shortly, which will definitely make them an ever larger cash cow than they already are and will keep the Clips here for the long haul. Sorry Seattle, better luck next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area