Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
A group of random people who get together could be a gang. I'm pretty sure Seattle has no dangerous gangs
lol, seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times
I saw a gang the other day on the bus. These young boys were laughing and smiling, all jovial and energetic. They looked like they were having fun. I thought about calling the police, but then I just considered changing my bus route.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:58 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,071,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
What would Seattle gangs do? Jaywalk? Get into fistfights over the correct pronunciation of "geoduck"?
Sell drugs and steal cars.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:40 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Dude, this is SEATTLE. I'm from New Jersey and spent time in Newark, Camden and Trenton. There is NOTHING in Seattle to compare. "Gangs" here are just a bunch of pot smoking kids hanging around and maybe starting the occasional fist fight. There aren't drive-bys everyday, there aren't any houses getting bullets through them, no nothing.

The one thing no one can call Seattle is "crime ridden" or "gang territory". This is what Seattle gangsta life is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIo81Fk6J5g

Old 06-07-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
What would Seattle gangs do? Jaywalk? Get into fistfights over the correct pronunciation of "geoduck"?

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Someone new to Seattle asked me if Kirkland was ghetto...I nearly choked on my soda.

I can just imagine a gangsta sitting in the front stoop with a forty once of kombucha, dealing farm raised salmon in a back alley.

Honestly, what's the Seattle gang initiation involve, mixing garbage and the compost? Jaywalking in the middle of downtown?

Old 06-07-2014, 05:24 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Someone new to Seattle asked me if Kirkland was ghetto...I nearly choked on my soda.

I can just imagine a gangsta sitting in the front stoop with a forty once of kombucha, dealing farm raised salmon in a back alley.

Honestly, what's the Seattle gang initiation involve, mixing garbage and the compost? Jaywalking in the middle of downtown?
They buy genetically modified groceries. It's a disaster.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:57 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,086 times
When I moved here someone told me that I should never go anywhere in West Seattle or I would almost be guaranteed to be shot and killed. Even by the water, even in the nice parts ("there are no nice parts; it's all a high crime area").

Old 06-08-2014, 03:29 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
A lot of non-verbal hostility. Mean looks. Parking incidents.
Shootouts at Southcenter.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:17 AM

634 posts, read 897,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
At least they don't ALL call themselves the Bloods and the Crips. It's rather sad when you can't even come up with an original name for your own gang!
Like the division of the crips I believe that calls itself the "3P" for 3rd & Pine.....puh-leazzzze!

Those crime maps are laughable listing parts of Cap Hill and downtown as "dangerous" and "to be avoided". Go to Chinatown on any given day and observe how many people avoid it. Sometimes all it takes is one violent crime to deem the neighborhood dangerous, Wah Mee maybe?

<eyeroll>

Old 06-08-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Like the division of the crips I believe that calls itself the "3P" for 3rd & Pine.....puh-leazzzze!

Those crime maps are laughable listing parts of Cap Hill and downtown as "dangerous" and "to be avoided". Go to Chinatown on any given day and observe how many people avoid it. Sometimes all it takes is one violent crime to deem the neighborhood dangerous, Wah Mee maybe?

<eyeroll>
Agreed. I live in Shoreline off of Aurora...you would be shocked how many people think this is the "ghetto" because there used to be a prostitution problem a decade or two ago.

Yes, this is a ghetto neighborhood. Nothing says "boyz in the hood" more than organic Quinoa on sale at Central Market

Bottom line is you're going to get your wannabee gangsters anywhere. But Seattle is nothing like Newark, Chicago, Atlanta or even LA. A low crime rate and lack of ghetto are one of the things I'm gonna miss when I leave here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area