Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:07 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Any Norwegian gangs up there? Always looking for another hood to practice my craft. Maybe you've seen my tags before?

"Reinsdyrsteik"

Recognize.
Oh yes. Back in the day, the Norwegian gang the Market Street Dritseks would throw firecrackers across the street at the Swedish Herring gang across the street. The Swedish Herring gang would pick them up, light them, and throw them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 12:33 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Ex-gang leader shot in car was local pioneer for Crips | Local News | The Seattle Times
Quote:
A 50-year-old man who was fatally shot while sleeping in a car in Seattle’s Rainier Valley on Wednesday was a onetime leader of the region’s first gang who had been camped out at a memorial to a fallen comrade, according to a gang experts.

The victim, identified by the King County Medical Examiner’s Office as Derrick L. Hargress, was known by associates as “OG Vamp” and had ties to the Hoover Crips, gang experts said.

According to Gabe Morales, a national gang expert who frequently consults with law enforcement, Hargress was among a group of individuals, headed by “Freeway” Ricky Ross, who brought the region’s first gangs and crack cocaine from Los Angeles to Seattle in the early 1980s.

“This is a big deal,” said Morales. “This is the guy who brought the Crips and one of the biggest crack-cocaine networks to Seattle. He was considered a pioneer. Shooting him at the memorial is like shooting somebody in church.”
Seattle gang tensions, violence on rise | Local News | The Seattle Times

King County Gangs

Old 06-08-2014, 01:01 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
The old gang related problems have moved further out and dissipated, but there are still a few areas where you can count on someone getting shot, like around Kubota Gardens.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:08 PM

314 posts, read 459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
At least they don't ALL call themselves the Bloods and the Crips. It's rather sad when you can't even come up with an original name for your own gang!
The Bloods and Crips are both loosely (quite loosely) national gangs that originated both out of L.A. Local Bloods & Crips sometimes have loose affiliations with Blood & Crip gangs in other cities within a region. Other times, Blood and Crips in a smaller city are started by Blood and Crip members from larger cities.

I don't know about Seattle - they could be affiliated with other gangs elsewhere, they could be wannabes.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
The Bloods and Crips are both loosely (quite loosely) national gangs that originated both out of L.A. Local Bloods & Crips sometimes have loose affiliations with Blood & Crip gangs in other cities within a region. Other times, Blood and Crips in a smaller city are started by Blood and Crip members from larger cities.

I don't know about Seattle - they could be affiliated with other gangs elsewhere, they could be wannabes.
Do they pay a franchise fee?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Oh yes. Back in the day, the Norwegian gang the Market Street Dritseks would throw firecrackers across the street at the Swedish Herring gang across the street. The Swedish Herring gang would pick them up, light them, and throw them back.
Haha..awesome...wait, what?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Haha..awesome...wait, what?
I worked with an old Norski for many years. As a result, not only do I know more Ole and Sven jokes than most people would care to hear, I can also curse in Norwegian. I can't carry on a conversation, but boy do I crack Norwegians up when they hear those words coming out of my mouth.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I worked with an old Norski for many years. As a result, not only do I know more Ole and Sven jokes than most people would care to hear, I can also curse in Norwegian. I can't carry on a conversation, but boy do I crack Norwegians up when they hear those words coming out of my mouth.
Do you like lutefisk?

Old 06-11-2014, 12:22 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,316 times
Are there LGBT gangs here

Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Are there LGBT gangs here
The gay army is always active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area