Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 07:24 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,835,691 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a house in Enumclaw, but always look at resale and rental ability.

I noticed currently there are only 3 adds for rental houses with 3 bedrooms in Enumclaw on craigslist. Nothing with 2 or 4 bedrooms interestingly enough. In any case, that number seems really low. I'm wondering if that is because rentals get snapped up quickly, or some other reason.

Is it a good thing that there are only a few rentals available? I know the town is not that big, but it seems big enough to have more than 3 rentals available. If that is all that is available even for such a seemingly up and coming town with a fair population, is that not good for a rental? Seems like that would be a good thing for a rental since the demand would be high due to not enough supply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Housing demand there is low because there are no jobs nearby, so it's a long commute. Also, it's on a plateau formed by a lahar from Mt. Rainier. Great views of the mountain but people are starting to worry that the time for it to blow again is coming and Enumclaw is about the most vulnerable area for lava flow.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:36 AM

51 posts, read 95,582 times
There's a place called Enumclaw? Seriously?

Somehow the only thing that comes to mind when I hear that is...
public enum Claw{CLAW, claw?, CLAAAAAAWWWW}

(Sorry this wasn't very helpful)

Old 06-06-2014, 09:47 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,835,691 times
bump...

Old 06-06-2014, 10:50 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I am looking to buy a house in Enumclaw, but always look at resale and rental ability.

I noticed currently there are only 3 adds for rental houses with 3 bedrooms in Enumclaw on craigslist. Nothing with 2 or 4 bedrooms interestingly enough. In any case, that number seems really low. I'm wondering if that is because rentals get snapped up quickly, or some other reason.

Is it a good thing that there are only a few rentals available? I know the town is not that big, but it seems big enough to have more than 3 rentals available. If that is all that is available even for such a seemingly up and coming town with a fair population, is that not good for a rental? Seems like that would be a good thing for a rental since the demand would be high due to not enough supply.
I would hardly call Enumclaw "up and coming". It's got awhile before it booms. There are other towns closer to the general population that still got plenty of room to grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zima1349 View Post
There's a place called Enumclaw? Seriously?

Somehow the only thing that comes to mind when I hear that is...
public enum Claw{CLAW, claw?, CLAAAAAAWWWW}

(Sorry this wasn't very helpful)
Hmm. Sounds like you're setting yourself up to mispronouncing it. We do have towns with "strange" names. Enumclaw isn't really it. What comes in mind for Sequim?

Old 03-08-2015, 10:11 PM

7 posts, read 15,655 times
I am an Enumclaw resident of 19 years. Not kidding when I say that we are still considered newcomers! We were so desperate to get out of our hell- hole rental in Kent that we took the first rental house we could find which was a small 1.5 bedroom house. Lived there two years before we found something we could qualify for to buy. Yes, it is true that rental houses are few, but I noticed the ones available are just as expensive as if you were buying - no bargains here! The advantages here are; Scenic beauty, being close to Mount Rainier, a low violent crime rate, and residents who mostly mind their own business. The disadvantages are; long commutes for many and the difficulty keeping small businesses open in town.
I disagree with the person who posted we are in danger if the mountain blows. Most studies predict the next big mudflow will take out Orting and the surrounding valley and not affect Enumclaw so much. On a clear day you can see the hollowed out area on Rainier that filled in the Enumclaw Plateau about 500 years ago. It looks to me that leaves little to come our way again, but even if it did, there are 3 Highway routes leading out of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area