Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM

555 posts, read 802,936 times

Advertisements

"All I take from this video is that you are a homophobe."

Typical knee-jerk Seattle response...

Maybe if you had kids, you would understand that watching bigots getting beaten by radicals is hardly a healthy atmosphere for them to grow up in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:44 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,069,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
"All I take from this video is that you are a homophobe."

Typical knee-jerk Seattle response...

Maybe if you had kids, you would understand that watching bigots getting beaten by radicals is hardly a healthy atmosphere for them to grow up in.
Oh I don't know. Perhaps it would be a good lesson for the kids at Issaquah high school

Old 06-18-2014, 07:52 PM

Another specimen of Capitol Hill's upstanding residents:

Seattle’s alleged Victoria Clipper pirate is Capitol Hill registered sex offender | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

And another:

Pantsless man goes on crazy spree in Capitol Hill, Eastlake - Seattle 911 — A Police and Crime Blog

Old 06-18-2014, 08:19 PM

314 posts, read 459,870 times
There are sex offenders in every town. You have no point.

As for the overdosed guy - it doesn't say he lived in CH - it says he was found wandering around Eastlake and lower Cap Hill - which means he wandered around TWO neighborhoods in an area near downtown. So who knows where he started.

Totally pointless.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:36 PM

"There are sex offenders in every town. You don't have a point."

According to City-Data itself, "There are two registered sex offenders living in Bellevue as of June 18th, 2014."

And from the same: 'There are 214 registered sex offenders living in Seattle as of June 18th, 2014."

Seattle has 5x the Bellevue population and 107x as many perverts. And that of course doesn't include the number of 'homeless' or 'transient' RSOs whose presence Seattle is richly blessed with. Some sources have estimated that number as high as 600.

So back to the OP's question: Is Capitol Hill safe for kids? I'd definitely recommend Bellevue and keeping kids as far away from Capitol Hill as possible.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:24 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,754 times
This thread has taken a weird turn into Blackhawk's private issues with the city. If there were reports of goblins roaming Cap Hill and eating children, then maybe I would agree that the neighborhood isn't safe for kids. Thank goodness, I haven't heard anything of the sort.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:29 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
This thread has taken a weird turn into Blackhawk's private issues with the city. If there were reports of goblins roaming Cap Hill and eating children, then maybe I would agree that the neighborhood isn't safe for kids. Thank goodness, I haven't heard anything of the sort.
The goblins roaming around eating children are in Bellevue, Kirkland and Sammamish. But they're not sex offenders, and they're not protesting anything.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM

No: I have been showing the OP, with articles, links, and videos that Capitol Hill is one of the worst possible places to raise children?

And have shown there are better parts of the Metro Area.

Any of you Cap Hill apologists want to produce some evidence that it's a great place for kids?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,524,076 times
Quote:
Now for some sanity:

According to a US News survey of the top ranked schools in Washington State, here are the Top 5 in King County alone:

1. International Community School----Kirkland

2. International School---Bellevue

3. Bellevue High School---Bellevue

4. Newport High School---Bellevue

5. Interlake High School---Bellevue

Roosevelt and Garfield High finish in at 8 and 9 and no other Seattle schools managed to squeak into the top 10. Sure don't see anything from Cap Hill or Wallingford here...
These are all high schools and there isn't a public high school in the Wallingford neighborhood. Maybe you just don't know the city very well, certainly not the school system. Garfield typically has more national merit scholars than any of those schools. Some years it varies a bit but overall Garfield is the winner. The music program at Garfield's music program is extremely well regarded in the state as well as the country.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:32 PM

314 posts, read 459,870 times
Quote:
No: I have been showing the OP, with articles, links, and videos that Capitol Hill is one of the worst possible places to raise children?

And have shown there are better parts of the Metro Area.

Any of you Cap Hill apologists want to produce some evidence that it's a great place for kids?
Here ya go Mr Homophobe -

Ermagahd - Co-Housing - Capitol Hill Urban CoHousing | capitolhillurbancohousing.org

Ermagahd - Easter Eggs on Cap Hill - Capitol Hill kids, prepare your baskets — it’s Cal Anderson egg hunt time | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

Trick-or-Treat! - Hilloween 2013: Where to trick or treat on Capitol Hill | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

Daycare in Pike-Pine - no way! - New $1.7 million day care center (and playground) coming to backside of Pike/Pine | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

Kids and hair salons, oh my! - Bang hair salon expands Capitol Hill roots with E Pike addition, E Pine kid-friendly makeover | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

All you arty moms, raise the roof! - 9th annual Children’s Film Festival Seattle returns to Capitol Hill’s Northwest Film Forum | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

Our kids are hipper than your kids - Bootylandkids - Provisions for sustainable urban living, Capitol Hill Seattle WA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area