Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:38 AM

2 posts, read 10,768 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I currently live in Shanghai, China. We moved here in July 2006 from Washington DC/Northern VA. We were supposed to be here through 2009.

Just a few days ago, my husband was contacted by corporate offering a promo... this time based in Seattle. He has lived in Portland before, but I have never been to this area of the US.

I have been frantically researching the Seattle area because the relo will happen quickly. Can anyone please recommend some nice suburbs of Seattle? What prices are we looking at..?

I am 28, my husband is 33. We currently do not have children, but hopefully will soon.

Also, easy access to the airport is relatively important.

I appreciate your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,090,580 times
If you don't have kids, don't be too concerned with the 'burbs. We lived in West Seattle from 1990-1995 and we loved it. We had our first 2 kids while living there and if we had stayed there, would have put them in private school. If we had moved out to the 'burbs, I would have moved to Bainbridge Island. Unless you are working on the East side, avoid it! The traffic across the lake and on the East side in general will drive you nuts. Airport access looks easy via 405 but the traffic is terrible. I reverse commuted to Bellevue--it wasn't too bad. Hubby commuted into the city. Twelve-fifteen minutes door to door.

I so regret selling that house!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:06 AM

1,169 posts, read 5,269,853 times
Where will you be working? You don't want to get stuck in a long commute.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 10,768 times
My husband is in sales- he'll be covering Washington State and Oregon, so easy access to the airport is somewhat important. His office is at home and on the road. I have no idea where I'll be working- this move was just presented a few days ago.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:04 AM

43 posts, read 58,343 times
Although it's definitely not airport convenient, I live in the northern suburb of Edmonds, and I adore it here. The downtown is cute and fun, the beach and views across the water are beautiful, and the schools are good.

Houses in the Edmonds bowl are expensive. But, I live in the Esperance neighborhood (a few blocks from the top of the bowl) and love it here.

Here is a shot of downtown:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area