Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:32 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,017,733 times

Advertisements

Pasco, WA. In my opinion.
Areas just west of Spokane. In my opinion.
Anywhere in Jefferson, Kitsap or Clallam Counties. In my opinion. Especially Brinnon.
Sudden Valley. In my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 12:06 AM

719 posts, read 986,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Nope and most people in western Washington prefer to keep it that way. No offense, but most people on the west coast, especially northwest, are not keen on the "southern lifestyle" regardless of political orientation.
Pretty much. I'm profoundly conservative and couldn't stand living south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:39 AM

268 posts, read 344,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Dumbest post of the thread right here, but this is typical of Seattleites and their "tolerant" views right here. Some good posts in this thread, but lots of really "Seattle" posts as well, no surprise there either. "Racial bs" is going on in Seattle, too, but it feels as though whites (especially males) are second-class citizens, and I'm not even white, yet even I noticed this. This is just my observation in "tolerant" liberal America.

i am a 55 yr old black male and i have lived in 8 major cities and worked contact jobs for yrs in the south . lived in GA for 7 yrs, moms lives in mississippi and been going there to visit since she moved back in 1978 trust me i know what i am talking about. i think i know about racial bs a little bit,seattle is nowhere near as bad as the deep south states.i deal with nowhere near the racial crap here vs the south.i worked with tons of whites in the south or from the south who resented the heck out blacks having the gall to compete with them from high paying jobs

Old 07-10-2014, 06:10 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Dumbest post of the thread right here, but this is typical of Seattleites and their "tolerant" views right here. Some good posts in this thread, but lots of really "Seattle" posts as well, no surprise there either. "Racial bs" is going on in Seattle, too, but it feels as though whites (especially males) are second-class citizens, and I'm not even white, yet even I noticed this. This is just my observation in "tolerant" liberal America.
Yeah your right that whole state is strangely racist in a quiet passive way. Quietly forcing minorities into small communities of there choosing and institutionally segregating them. I think liberals are more racist in some ways towards every demographic, especially the ones in Seattle. If you don't believe in the politically correct status quo they will hate on you. Racism is everywhere in the United States. The south is just known for it because of the history, but guess where the most African Americans live to this day. I don't see any massive migrations of minorities to the Seattle area or Washington. If it's so great then why do they choose to live in the south. The only large population of minorities in Washington are latinos who work for pennies on the dollar to pick apples and other things Washington is famous for. Outside of Seattle metro there are a very small number of African Americans living in the Pacific Northwest.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:01 PM

268 posts, read 344,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Yeah your right that whole state is strangely racist in a quiet passive way. Quietly forcing minorities into small communities of there choosing and institutionally segregating them. I think liberals are more racist in some ways towards every demographic, especially the ones in Seattle. If you don't believe in the politically correct status quo they will hate on you. Racism is everywhere in the United States. The south is just known for it because of the history, but guess where the most African Americans live to this day. I don't see any massive migrations of minorities to the Seattle area or Washington. If it's so great then why do they choose to live in the south. The only large population of minorities in Washington are latinos who work for pennies on the dollar to pick apples and other things Washington is famous for. Outside of Seattle metro there are a very small number of African Americans living in the Pacific Northwest.

folks moved to where the jobs were at and it was closer to go to the jobs in in detroit and pittsburg vs moving cross country.it is easier to move somewhere where family and freinds are already at.why folks stay in the south is the same reasons as anybody, most folks stay near where they grew up at.trust me it is a far supeiror lifestyle for minorities in seattle vs any place down south,less bs all the way around,if all you know is the deep south bs you will think everybody acts like those folks and will not move.when you travel you realize how screwed up the south still is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area