Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

I will admit to being generally a cop-hater due to the overwhelming double standards. Cop does something heinous, they go on paid administrative leave (i.e. vacation) and then retraining. "Policy changes" are made.
Sheriff makes policy changes after man shot 16 times in bed | Local News | The Seattle Times
Joe Sixpack does something heinous, he gets rightly terminated on the spot, and perhaps goes to jail.

I didn't expect much from John Urquhart as sheriff. He was long time info officer under Dave Reichert and Sue Rahr. Both had a high tolerance for institutional corruption IMO. Urquhart by contrast is on the case. He will go after corruption in the ranks. The latest is the prostitution/theft case but it is not the first
King Co. Sheriff fires deputy who threatened to arrest journalist | KING5.com Seattle

And he will come on local media and face the music, unlike the police chief in Bellevue, where I live, who runs for cover when problems come up.
King County Sheriff details 'corruption,' deputy's arrest - The Dori Monson Show - MyNorthwest.com

Sheriff John Uquhart appears to be the rare stand up guy in cop-dom. I still don't like the fact that KCSO is putting a lot of resources into busting prostitutes and ruining their lives, while having a pretty extensive history of involvement in sex trade themselves. And base on his past statements, I doubt that Urquhart will ease up on prostitution busts. Nonetheless, even I admit that he has turned out to be one of the rare elected officials in this area who gets my respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 03:35 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times
Gotta love cell phone cameras and the media. Cop Kryptonite. I am shocked that Deputy had 120 complaints, and nearly two dozen of them sustained, yet he is only now terminated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area