Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much do Eastside suburbs blow?
They REALLY suck a lot. 1 25.00%
Eastside gives me hives. 1 25.00%
All I can smell in Bellevue is Drakkar Noir. 1 25.00%
Its totally like Road Warrior over there, except with Beemers & Lululemon. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:04 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
Its clearly a joke.
Clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 PM

555 posts, read 803,196 times
Kyled;
It's typical passive-aggressive Seattle behavior. Stabbing your neighbors in the back and then brushing it off as a joke when they're called on it is about par for the course here.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:58 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,460 times
Quote:
Clearly. I was also curious as to who would blow a gasket. I wasn't disappointed.
One person questioned you, no one blew a gasket. If you're not disappointed you are clearly very easy to please.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:34 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
True, we do not have Seattle's urban vibrance on the East side. Very few stabbings, muggings, and shooting (other than people shooting at Wade's

I can go out jogging at 1:00AM with no worries. I even let my CCW expire. No stream of dead bodies in public restrooms due to drug OD's. What a boring existence.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:53 PM

314 posts, read 459,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
One person questioned you, no one blew a gasket. If you're not disappointed you are clearly very easy to please.
I figured folks would either laugh it off seeing that any poll referencing Road Warrior, Lululemon and Drakkar Noir was probably a bit snarky tongue in cheek - or that they'd display a bunch of suburbanite butthurt. Call it a test for the level of thin-skinnedness amongst the non-urbanites on this forum.

Like I said, I wasn't really dissappointed. Frankly, this forum should really be re-named the Seattle suburbs forum.

Toodles.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:41 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
I figured folks would either laugh it off seeing that any poll referencing Road Warrior, Lululemon and Drakkar Noir was probably a bit snarky tongue in cheek - or that they'd display a bunch of suburbanite butthurt. Call it a test for the level of thin-skinnedness amongst the non-urbanites on this forum.

Like I said, I wasn't really dissappointed. Frankly, this forum should really be re-named the Seattle suburbs forum.

Toodles.
Well if this is the "Seattle suburbs forum" then little wonder nobody laughed at your suburban "joke", or "test", or whatever you want to call it when you insult others just to get your own kicks on.

So, exactly, what is the big deal between urban/suburban or Seattle/Eastside? As much as you would like to clearly show some aptitude for class.. or culture.. critical thought... or something, you haven't yet even articulated the fundamental reasoning behind your intolerance with all things 2 miles east of downtown.

And I have no clue what a Road Warrior is... Is it like a TV personality? Drakkar Noir sounds like a character from my son's LEGO Bionicles. Lululemon... well, there's a posh store in the fashionable UVillage, so I guess you're just going to have to group all of N. Seattle in with us detested Eastsiders.

And yes, you do make me angry. I don't like it when someone is being unfair and unkind. It's not about the thickness of my skin: You're simply being offensive and I'm playing defense. In addition to being a "test" or a "joke" it is also a game. Final score??? Well, since you've already relabeled us the Seattle Suburb forum and bid us farewell, I suppose this means you've lost.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:50 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Well if this is the "Seattle suburbs forum" then little wonder nobody laughed at your suburban "joke", or "test", or whatever you want to call it when you insult others just to get your own kicks on.
So, exactly, what is the big deal between urban/suburban or Seattle/Eastside? As much as you would like to clearly show some aptitude for class.. or culture.. critical thought... or something, you haven't yet even articulated the fundamental reasoning behind your intolerance with all things 2 miles east of downtown.
And I have no clue what a Road Warrior is... Is it like a TV personality? Drakkar Noir sounds like a character from my son's LEGO Bionicles. Lululemon... well, there's a posh store in the fashionable UVillage, so I guess you're just going to have to group all of N. Seattle in with us detested Eastsiders.
And yes, you do make me angry. I don't like it when someone is being unfair and unkind. It's not about the thickness of my skin: You're simply being offensive and I'm playing defense. In addition to being a "test" or a "joke" it is also a game. Final score??? Well, since you've already relabeled us the Seattle Suburb forum and bid us farewell, I suppose this means you've lost.
FSMom, I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill!!!
If I read GoBlue correctly, s/he was getting tired of all the Seattle-bashing threads of the "How badly does Seattle suck?"-type, and just for kicks started this so-called "how badly does the Eastside suck". I for one never took it seriously for a minute, and I really don't see any meanness, offensiveness or insults here.
Of course, GoBlue may tell me I got it all wrong...

Old 07-13-2014, 10:14 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
If I read GoBlue correctly, s/he was getting tired of all the Seattle-bashing threads of the "How badly does Seattle suck?"-type, and just for kicks started this so-called "how badly does the Eastside suck". I for one never took it seriously for a minute, and I really don't see any meanness, offensiveness or insults here.
I take it you don't really read GoBlue's posts very often, do you? The man is full of insults, offensiveness and meanness towards anyone who doesn't think like him. I've always pitied him. It can't be that easy to be so nasty to others.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:39 PM

291 posts, read 392,457 times
I was hoping for funnier options, such as ones referring to the sexual connotations of "blow" and "suck", or possibly something ending with, "but in a good way".

Old 07-14-2014, 05:50 PM

314 posts, read 459,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Nope not wrong. You hit the nail mainly on the head. Also, there were a few running threads about "why all the hate", "why all the Seattle vs. Eastside", etc. All seemed kinda silly to me, so I threw up the joke poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area