Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much do Eastside suburbs blow?
They REALLY suck a lot. 1 25.00%
Eastside gives me hives. 1 25.00%
All I can smell in Bellevue is Drakkar Noir. 1 25.00%
Its totally like Road Warrior over there, except with Beemers & Lululemon. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:56 PM

314 posts, read 459,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeZeeZee View Post
I was hoping for funnier options, such as ones referring to the sexual connotations of "blow" and "suck", or possibly something ending with, "but in a good way".
I had a few of those when I first drafted it, but then worried the sexual connotations would go over some people's heads. Obviously juvenile stuff like: "How much does the Eastside suck?", "It totally blows...like your Mom!", or "How much does the Eastside suck?", "It seriously blows, but slowly."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I take it you don't really read GoBlue's posts very often, do you? The man is full of insults, offensiveness and meanness towards anyone who doesn't think like him. I've always pitied him. It can't be that easy to be so nasty to others.
I got no patience for ammosexuals, the mathematically innumerate, or those who rant about cities being wastelands filled with homeless drug addicts. I ain't gonna be polite to 'em.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Well if this is the "Seattle suburbs forum" then little wonder nobody laughed at your suburban "joke", or "test", or whatever you want to call it when you insult others just to get your own kicks on.

So, exactly, what is the big deal between urban/suburban or Seattle/Eastside? As much as you would like to clearly show some aptitude for class.. or culture.. critical thought... or something, you haven't yet even articulated the fundamental reasoning behind your intolerance with all things 2 miles east of downtown.

And I have no clue what a Road Warrior is... Is it like a TV personality? Drakkar Noir sounds like a character from my son's LEGO Bionicles. Lululemon... well, there's a posh store in the fashionable UVillage, so I guess you're just going to have to group all of N. Seattle in with us detested Eastsiders.

And yes, you do make me angry. I don't like it when someone is being unfair and unkind. It's not about the thickness of my skin: You're simply being offensive and I'm playing defense. In addition to being a "test" or a "joke" it is also a game. Final score??? Well, since you've already relabeled us the Seattle Suburb forum and bid us farewell, I suppose this means you've lost.
You can't be serious. Or you are, in which case you are seriously out of touch.

Road Warrior - an early 1980's post-apocalyptic movie starring a young Mel Gibson. It was one of the most popular movies of the early 1980s and has entered the broad pop culture lexicon. It was probably the most well known of the three Mad Max movies. (Although Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome co-starring Tina Turner comes a close second for sheer camp value.)

Drakkar Noir - a once widely popular men's cologne, now a pop culture shorthand for the kind of cologne a certain kind of preening, machismo obsessed douchebro wears.

Lulelemon - Cultural shorthand for the stereotypical affluent suburban yoga mom who spends her day in overpriced yoga pants, drinking lattes at the mall pushing her kids around in a Bugaboo stroller.

As far as your temper, take a chill pill. Its the Internet lady, not Sunday church.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:38 PM

291 posts, read 391,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
I had a few of those when I first drafted it, but then worried the sexual connotations would go over some people's heads. Obviously juvenile stuff like: "How much does the Eastside suck?", "It totally blows...like your Mom!", or "How much does the Eastside suck?", "It seriously blows, but slowly."
How about, "It's not the quantity of the blow or suck, but the quality."

As a sex-positive Eastsider, I can totally get on board with that.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 PM

176 posts, read 298,601 times
I still think the question of "Why do people from Seattle think so badly of the Eastside?" is still a valid question. I lived in Downtown Seattle for over 4 years and always had a curiosity of the Eastside, never really a bad one. Then I recently moved to Downtown Bellevue to be close to work. Everyone that I mentioned to it from Seattle instantly gave me the stink eye and asked "Why?!" in a serious tone as if I was choosing to go to prison. What is even more suprirising and frustrating is that Seattle is one of the most liberal cities in the country, yet they majority have a problem with an area that has a "different" lifestyle as their own.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:04 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,636,176 times
I want to live on the eastside and looking to do so soon. I just like it better I do not know why I just feel at home when i hang around there. Seattle is cool in its own way it just not for me . If I could not live on the eastside than Seattle would be my next choice.

That being said I been in this state for 30 years and only been past north Seattle five times and one of those times it was in high school for school so it not like i had a choice yea i did not have to go but .

When i did drive past north Seattle it a different world once you get past Shoreline I wish i was not making it up but i saw a bumper sticker that said proud father of a nephew.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,838,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
See, now those would've made it funny (and much more light hearted). You could've included a Knees joke as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
When i did drive past north Seattle it a different world once you get past Shoreline I wish i was not making it up but i saw a bumper sticker that said proud father of a nephew.
LOL

Kinda makes you wonder what happens up north, eh?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,449,225 times
Don't feed the trolls.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:06 PM

42 posts, read 60,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike62pp3 View Post
I still think the question of "Why do people from Seattle think so badly of the Eastside?" is still a valid question. I lived in Downtown Seattle for over 4 years and always had a curiosity of the Eastside, never really a bad one. Then I recently moved to Downtown Bellevue to be close to work. Everyone that I mentioned to it from Seattle instantly gave me the stink eye and asked "Why?!" in a serious tone as if I was choosing to go to prison. What is even more suprirising and frustrating is that Seattle is one of the most liberal cities in the country, yet they majority have a problem with an area that has a "different" lifestyle as their own.
There's a whole thread on this topic. As a former Westsider who relocated to downtown Bellevue as well, I'm also perplexed by all the hate and disdain that Seattleites have for the Eastside (particularly Bellevue). Part of it I believe is the natural tendency to dislike the rich and successful. Hence the reason we don't see the same level of cynicism for the north and south ends.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:58 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,287,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawksLOB View Post
There's a whole thread on this topic. As a former Westsider who relocated to downtown Bellevue as well, I'm also perplexed by all the hate and disdain that Seattleites have for the Eastside (particularly Bellevue). Part of it I believe is the natural tendency to dislike the rich and successful. Hence the reason we don't see the same level of cynicism for the north and south ends.
Oh, it's there too. Ever hear a Seattleite put down Tacoma? Seattleites don't only dislike the rich and successful. They also hate the poor.
Personally, I'm fine with Bellevue, but not too fond of downtown Bellevue. A little too shiny and new for my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area