Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:38 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,384 times

Advertisements

Call me whatever names you folks want but I never pay my tickets. I pay a lawyer instead and he just gets me out of them or reduces the fines or whatever. In the end, I've paid less by paying the lawyer so I just keep doing that.

I haven't received a HOV violation yet so I don't have any firsthand experience of my lawyer getting me out of one but he's pretty good with speeding tickets.

If you want his name and contact info, just PM me.

RVD.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:51 PM

719 posts, read 987,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
the whole point of bike commuting: escape, evade, get away from rolling obstacles.
Funny. I thought the whole point was to prove Charles Darwin right. Over... and over... and over again.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:19 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I find it interesting that I and many others can be following the rules and stuck at a stand-still in rush hour traffic, while some people think they are more important than the rest of us, moving over into the HOV lane and speeding past as single occupants because they are in a hurry. As if we aren't all in a hurry? Their time is more valuable than mine? I do wish they would step up enforcement of this law as I see it ALL THE TIME. I agree with the OP that the fine really needs to be raised- maybe to $500 to really deter people from doing this.
Honestly if it would make you feel better, call the snitch line and be a HERO for the day. (They actually do something. If there's repeated calls about the same car, the cops then sent out to catch the violator.)

Old 07-28-2014, 09:03 PM

I just assume that they must be in a rush and have to get somewhere...(I tend to look for the good in humanity).

Old 07-30-2014, 02:46 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
I just assume that they must be in a rush and have to get somewhere...(I tend to look for the good in humanity).
Yeah, but sometimes that's hard to see, or even find.

Folks, let's revisit the TOS for a second.

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.
Report bad posts, and they will be taken care of. Don't bicker with people. If you can't find a way to counter their points without being hostile, name calling, or anything else, maybe it's better not to post until you can......but simply reporting the post takes care of all of it (assuming the report is valid).

Also, if you're going to disguise a cuss word with symbols/etc, that will get your entire post deleted. So don't waste your intelligent thoughts, points, and time by dropping a cuss or hidden cuss word in there. There are much easier and more appropriate ways in getting your point across than by resorting to that.

Thanks.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:33 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
OP:

You DO realize that by posting this question in the forum, you could also be charged with conspiracy to defraud the state, right?

Just pay the fine and be done with it, don't dig yourself a bigger hole.

Honestly, folks asking legal questions online without realizing that it can be used against them is mind boggling.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
OP:

You DO realize that by posting this question in the forum, you could also be charged with conspiracy to defraud the state, right?

Just pay the fine and be done with it, don't dig yourself a bigger hole.

Honestly, folks asking legal questions online without realizing that it can be used against them is mind boggling.
meh, you think too much or watch too much TV. First, I am 100% confident that nothing will happen, second, I disagree with your premise but I'm not going to even bother explaining, third, there's no hole to dig. You pay your fines, I'll do what i want k?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 PM

lol, someone has been watching a lot of tv. they have law & order on their mind where a prosecutor is going to submit printouts of this thread to the judge to try to convince and judge and jury that the defendant is guilty and needs to pay $125 or whatever.

traffic fines are like sales tax (as opposed to income tax)...everyone pays the same rates no matter how rich or poor you are. this is because driving a car is a privilege, not a right regardless of whether you are rich or poor.

if the fines are no big deal, just pay them or pay a lawyer. i knew a guy who simply refused to put a front license plate on his car because he didn't like the look. he would get written up every now and then and would just pay the tickets and never put a front license plate on. his choice at that point.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:32 PM

8 posts, read 12,817 times
It is worth it to contest ANY moving violation, because they have a way of piling up and before you know it your insurance rates have skyrocketed. Also, many companies these days now look at a potential applicant's driving record. I had an HOV lane ticket earlier this year and hired an attorney who specializes in traffic violations and she got it dropped. I don't how she did it, but she did. She charged a flat $350 and it was well worth it.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:37 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times
A better answer is to blockade that lane so people CAN'T violate easily...and those that do, will get busted easier and more frequently.

But then the state must prioritize having squad cars sitting at the mouth of the 90 so people can't go on it while the Blue Angels practice....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area