Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:27 AM

21 posts, read 46,902 times

Advertisements

I just hate people drive solo on hov, period

Old 08-02-2014, 10:32 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,024,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakkehrer View Post
It is worth it to contest ANY moving violation, because they have a way of piling up and before you know it your insurance rates have skyrocketed. Also, many companies these days now look at a potential applicant's driving record. I had an HOV lane ticket earlier this year and hired an attorney who specializes in traffic violations and she got it dropped. I don't how she did it, but she did. She charged a flat $350 and it was well worth it.
This is what I'm talking about! Made this whole thread worthwhile. Sent you a PM for the contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoticfury View Post
I just hate people drive solo on hov, period
I'll wave when I pass you. Please feel free to flip me off as you watch me zip past. I wont take it personally.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 AM

Update: The state "lost" the troopers report and hence the charges were all dropped. What a country lol. Now, I'm back to the HOV lane with a clean record and better knowledge of their techniques. Once again the system designed to punish me as an offender, has instead made me a better criminal.

But seriously, thanks for the help and input, constructive or otherwise.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,418,245 times
congrats! enjoy the hov lane...

Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM

5,003 posts, read 12,317,165 times
It's people like the OP who are increasing the tax burden on everyone else by forcing the state to go to the "Good to Go" design where anyone under 3 people have to pay to use the HOV lane and they use IR cameras and troopers to ensure no one breaks the rules.

Next time I see someone solo in the HOV lane being an a-hole behind me, tailgaiting me with my kid and wife in the car, I'm going 55, just to **** people like you off.

You do know law enforcement can trace your IP address on the forums, right? Massive case of stupidity here: asking how to get out of ticket, then going online posting how you got out of said ticket, thereby admitting guilt. Boy, the courts would love to see this thread.

Last edited by eskercurve; 08-09-2014 at 10:55 AM..

Old 08-09-2014, 11:06 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,807,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Next time I see someone solo in the HOV lane being an a-hole behind me, tailgaiting me with my kid and wife in the car, I'm going 55, just to **** people like you off.

You do know law enforcement can trace your IP address on the forums, right? Massive case of stupidity here: asking how to get out of ticket, then going online posting how you got out of said ticket, thereby admitting guilt. Boy, the courts would love to see this thread.
Oh please, the law enforcement isn't going to go out of their way to do that. Heck, they've lost this guy's report. It's done. I've had a speeding ticket "lost" as well, and though at the time I didn't know, I sent the check in to pay the fine... They didn't even cash it in!

Again, they have HOV snitch lines for people like you. Have your wife call it if you're that indignant. They do post the phone # signs on the road, in case you forget the #. It accomplishes just a bit more than trying to annoy those drivers on the road. You get to educate them in the process. WSDOT - HERO Program

Old 08-09-2014, 11:13 AM

2,638 posts, read 5,999,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Update: The state "lost" the troopers report and hence the charges were all dropped. What a country lol. Now, I'm back to the HOV lane with a clean record and better knowledge of their techniques. Once again the system designed to punish me as an offender, has instead made me a better criminal.

But seriously, thanks for the help and input, constructive or otherwise.
Just remember, double jeopardy does NOT apply for civil offenses.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
It's people like the OP who are increasing the tax burden on everyone else by forcing the state to go to the "Good to Go" design where anyone under 3 people have to pay to use the HOV lane and they use IR cameras and troopers to ensure no one breaks the rules.

OMG, another poster who watches too much TV. Do you seriously think that that LE will trace my IP for a $100 ticket? I can buy heroin, meth and crack online and they can't stop that, I doubt I'll be a target. Then there's the fact that they LOST the record so the courts could care less. Seriously, real life is not like SVU.

I'm happy to pay to use the HOV lane. If you had read the entire thread you would have seen that by charging such a low amount, it has become essentially a pay for use lane. If they wanted to seriously stop violators they would charge much more. And again, if they arent serious about changing behavior, why even have the crime?

Whats more concerning is your willingness to drive 55 in the hopes of pissing people off. That's really sick. You get people frustrated with you and then they do stupid things like trying to pass on the left etc. That causes accidents and gets people killed. I sure hope you don't end up losing one of your kids or your wife as a result of some idiot not wanting to wait while you teach him a lesson with the intent to **** him off. At least what Ii did doesn't hurt anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Just remember, double jeopardy does NOT apply for civil offenses.
The thought never even crossed my mind. But to be double jeopardy I would have to have been tried once and since that didn't happen the whole double jeopardy idea is kind of silly right? Besides, its a traffic offense.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,278,583 times
Quote:

I once heard a WSP trooper react very negatively to the idea of lane-camping to prevent people behind you from speeding. First of all, you have no idea who that person is behind you. Do it to the wrong person, and you're inviting a road-rage incident. The WSP trooper said that if you want to be involved in enforcement of traffic laws, sign up to go through their academy and become a trooper. In fact they are looking for people right now. Aggression on the roadways is always a bad idea, even if passive-aggression. And lastly, the WSP doubtless does not take kindly to civilians cutting in on their action, their job, and their meal ticket.

I hope that the WSP does not monitor these thread, If so, they could easily trace your IP and set up a sting operation on YOU. You have just admitted to advocacy of lane-camping, which is illegal under state law.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:15 AM

13,824 posts, read 29,791,761 times
Thread has proven to be too inflammatory to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area