Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 02:50 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times

Advertisements

Which is a prettier drive etc 110 or 112 going west, on Olympic peninsula?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 04:43 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
110 is the road from Forks to La Push. Not a lot to see on the road, but a mildly interesting diversion if you're nearby. I made a special trip to see La Push for my own reasons, couple years ago. Forks is another story, there is a huge thread on that in the main Washington forum. Considering how long it takes to get there...for me, like three hours from eastside...Forks has to be the most God-forsaken town in western Washington. YMMV. La Push isn't terribly interesting other than the beaches and surly locals. The beaches, though, are quite interesting indeed if you're into that.

112 is the road from Port Angeles to Neah Bay. Now that, in-contrast, is a heckuva interesting drive out into the bush, though the road to nowhere: basically, turn around and go back once at the Makah Reservation in Neah Bay. I've never actually stuck around the town to do much, reminded me of Port Hardy at the north end of Vancouver Island (Canada) in that way. Both are a terminus, both on tribal reservations with people hanging around not doing a whole lot.

I'm more about the roads and the journey vs. actually exploring small towns, but that's how I roll.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:10 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
I erred and meant to say 101 versus 112 heading west to cape flattery.
More interesting one in terms of scenery, stops, etc?
Not in a big hurry but any road type conditions and slowness/windiness issues to note.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area