Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 02:23 AM

603 posts, read 877,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
when i go to isidewith.com and take their quiz, i come up with 97% republican, 96% constitutional, 70% libertarian, and 30% democrat.

i actually support the legalization of pot.

i have had a few friends who vote democrat take the quiz and all of them came up libertarian but it could obviously just be sampling error.

as for chick-fil-a, i always seem to crave their chicken sandwiches the most on...sunday. go figure.
Sunday is probably the only day where I can truly relax and go eat Chick-Fil-A. Saturdays I do head over to Bellevue to run some errands but I get tired quickly and feel like going home.

I'm still resisting the temptation to go to Chick-Fil-A again. It's only been a couple weeks since I last went but I won't eat fast food more than once per month. Come June I'll have to satisfy my craving once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:08 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
Sunday is probably the only day where I can truly relax and go eat Chick-Fil-A. Saturdays I do head over to Bellevue to run some errands but I get tired quickly and feel like going home.

I'm still resisting the temptation to go to Chick-Fil-A again. It's only been a couple weeks since I last went but I won't eat fast food more than once per month. Come June I'll have to satisfy my craving once again.
They are closed on Sunday...

Old 05-14-2015, 09:12 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Oh dear...its sooo unsoundish.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:37 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
Is it true that Burgermaster will bring your food out to your car? I would never eat in my car but I find it neat that they still do that.
Yes, of course. That's actually the only way to eat it there since they don't have dine in tables (in Bellevue). The other option is to take it home (or drive somewhere) to eat it but by then the fries are soggy, burger is greased through, etc.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:14 AM

426 posts, read 527,002 times
Sonic also does this albeit with a more modern style. I don't think they're around here though (looks like the closest one is in Puyallup).

Going back to Chick-fil-A, if they were open Sundays, my guess is you would probably not crave it then!

Based on the law of obtainability, people would also stop saying "OMG!! I need In-N-Out!!! Please OMG open an In-N-Out here, for the love of a god" (or any of the other chains that are not in Seattle) once they opened here Instead, it would end up being, "OK, In-N-out. Woopty doo."

Probably the biggest reason for their strong following is that they're only available in certain (well-visited) areas.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:45 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,200 times
In-n-Out is nowhere near as limited as it once was. They are all over Northern California, Las Vegas, Arizona, Utah, and Texas as well as obviously Southern California so it's available in most of the largely populated areas on the west coast. It's only a matter of time before they expand to Portland and Seattle.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:38 PM

129 posts, read 150,713 times
I dunno about In n Out expansion. They are picky about sourcing and only use local suppliers. There are no freezers in there. I've watched them make fries. The put a fresh spud in a device for hand-producing the fries. The kid working that thing gets a workout. Anyway, my point is they are real picky about that and the further you get from their OC HQ, the tougher it likely is. They did expand to Texas but I hear that's bombing out badly.

Besides, when I finally do get to Seattle, I'm making a bee-line for The Red Mill.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:46 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
In-n-Out is nowhere near as limited as it once was. They are all over Northern California, Las Vegas, Arizona, Utah, and Texas as well as obviously Southern California so it's available in most of the largely populated areas on the west coast. It's only a matter of time before they expand to Portland and Seattle.
In-N-Out won't dare come out here as long as Five Guys and Dicks are out here.

Dicks has better quality burgers, better quality fries, faster and at a better price.
Five Guys has better quality burgers, better quality fries, same speed, terrible price.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:45 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
In-N-Out won't dare come out here as long as Five Guys and Dicks are out here.

Dicks has better quality burgers, better quality fries, faster and at a better price.
Five Guys has better quality burgers, better quality fries, same speed, terrible price.
In-n-Out competes with Five Guys already and plenty of others, so your logic doesn't add up. Dick's are greasier. Five Guys isn't as good but it is ok.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:29 PM

739 posts, read 3,057,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
I dunno about In n Out expansion. They are picky about sourcing and only use local suppliers. There are no freezers in there. I've watched them make fries. The put a fresh spud in a device for hand-producing the fries. The kid working that thing gets a workout. Anyway, my point is they are real picky about that and the further you get from their OC HQ, the tougher it likely is. They did expand to Texas but I hear that's bombing out badly.

Besides, when I finally do get to Seattle, I'm making a bee-line for The Red Mill.
They opened two in Austin before I moved. Both were continuously packed out. Not sure how it is bombing out badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area