Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 04:09 AM

249 posts, read 458,282 times

Advertisements

what are the main grocery chains in the Seattle area and which one is preferred? We usually shop at super target here in charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 10:47 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,215 times
We shop at Albertsons and Safeway. My favorite, however, is Amazon Fresh! Love love love Amazon Fresh!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,337,354 times
I think the most commonly found supermarket chains in the Seattle area are Safeway, QFC, and Fred Meyer( which is more than a supermarket). There are also lots of Albertson's, and an increasing number of super Walmarts. PCC( Puget Consumer Co-op) is popular but there aren't too many of them, and there are a few Whole Foods. I shop most frequently at Fred Meyer, mostly because it's close to my house and less expensive than Safeway.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 PM

202 posts, read 240,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosLHalper View Post
We moved from super south Charlotte, south of Ballantyne, right near the SC border. We chose to live in Olympia since the cost of living was almost on par with trying to move in Charlotte or to Indian Land. What you do notice here is that the grocery bill is about the same, actually lower taxes on groceries, but eating out seems to be more expensive in general.

Hoping to move further north, going to take a lot of trips before our lease expires to figure out what's the best fit as we have some flexibility in location.

kelly1992, don't give up. I work in HR, don't hesitate to DM me.
Thanks, I will!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:12 PM

731 posts, read 935,576 times
Hi Kelly, what is it that you don't like about being out there? I'm thinking of moving from Seattle to Raleigh. I've never lived anywhere else, so it would be a big change, but I'm dying to get out of here. I like to hear from others why their move worked or didn't work.

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
Hi Kelly, what is it that you don't like about being out there? I'm thinking of moving from Seattle to Raleigh. I've never lived anywhere else, so it would be a big change, but I'm dying to get out of here. I like to hear from others why their move worked or didn't work.

Thanks!
Hi! Well, I'm from the SF Bay area, lived there my whole life, so moving out here to the heat and humidity, just killed me! It just sucks the life out of you. But then again, I get happy and it literally lifts my mood just having cloudy, overcast, cool weather. So maybe I was born to live in Seattle? The bugs out here are super creepy, there a TON of trees but no vantage points, all you see are trees for miles. And the southern culture is just not my cup of tea. I mean, don't get me wrong, the people are super friendly, the schools that we have are great, it's a slower pace of life for sure. It's just not for me. I hope you find happiness, wherever you end up!

Old 08-22-2014, 05:50 PM

731 posts, read 935,576 times
Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. Good luck getting back out west!

Old 08-22-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. Good luck getting back out west!
You too!

Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,351 times
Just my opinion and my view, but I can understand the desire to return to Seattle, it really does beat most cities in the USA, in cleanliness, wages, high quality of life, the more progressive, live and let live aspect, the nature, with real mountains, the lush green and mild weather all year round, and the rain,...which I love. I am leaving though myself to relocate cause of the high cost of home ownership in Seattle and western WA as a whole. But I am also leaving due to the traffic and crowdedness, it is way too crowded for my taste these days, and the traffic is insane. Lastly, I am leaving due to the arduous social scene and dating aspect in Seattle for men, which I could write a book on. Just way too many single men in Seattle, pickings have always been slim for guys imo. I would also like to experience a more friendlier and warmer populace of people for a change as well. I will miss Seattle though, other then the congestion and social aspect, imo, it beats every other place in the USA, maybe except Portland OR, for larger cities in the USA. I sure hope I don't regret it, cause Seattle is truly is hard to beat.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:09 PM

217 posts, read 411,485 times
I spent 6 years in Huntersville and 2 in South Charlotte. 8 too many. but then I am harsh bc Charlotte is my least favorite place in the South, hands down.

We mainly shop at PCC and QFC. QFC is owned by Kroger, and is pretty similar across the board. PCC is like if Whole Foods was pleasant. It's literally become a place where everyone who comes to visit asks to go back to when they return. It's a highlight of their trip!
Safeway reminds me a bit of Harris Teeter, but without the great sales. Albertson's is a lot like Food Lion, only older/dirtier IMO.

COL is definitely higher in some ways and lower in others, but easier to deal with considering how much you get in return. We've been here two years and haven't come close to hitting all the kids' spots, let alone the restaurants, road trips, hikes. There are an endless amount of things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area