Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 04:21 PM

4 posts, read 20,156 times

Advertisements

I am surprising my husband for his sixtieth birthday with a trip to Washington state. We will be coming into Seattle in late March for five days. Please, if anyone has any advice for areas to visit, I'd love to hear them.We have never been there before.
Thank you!

Last edited by blufjdj; 09-01-2014 at 05:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,749 times
What are your/and his interest? What kind of stuff do you like to do? Have you booked your hotel yet?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:26 PM

We like to hike and bike. I was thinking a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island and rent bikes... but I don't know if in March any place would do that. I haven't booked anything yet. I was also thinking of booking a treehouse for a night?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:34 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,749 times
Last time I was in Seattle I took the ferry to Bainbridge Island. There is a awesome ice cream shop there. I also went wine tasting.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 PM

That sounds like fun...ok, Bainbridge Island will be on the list. I was also thinking Olympic National Park.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Kind of wet for bike riding in March (October-June, actually) but people do it. We hike all year but plan on getting wet. It's usually a light, constant drizzle in March but we have gotten a brief snow then too. For bike riding you can do a more urban Seattle trip by renting at a shop at Madison & Alaskan Way, then ride down Alaskan through the Olympic Sculpture Park on the waterfront, and go through the industrial and cruise terminal at Pier 90/91, on to the Burke-Gilman Trail.

Popular Rides | Our favorite rides around Seattle | The Bicycle Repair Shop
Seattle Department of Transportation: Bike Program

Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
March can be wet, chilly, and sometimes windy - dress in layers (sweater, scarf, warm jacket/coat) and rain hat (with chin strap - don't bother with umbrellas):

* Decide if you're going to get a CityPass, which gives you two visits to the Space Needle, a visit to the Seattle Aquarium, an Argosy Harbor Cruise, and a choice of EMP Museum or Woodland Park Zoo and Pacific Science Center or the Museum of Flight.

Official Seattle CityPASS® | Visit 5 Seattle Attractions for $64

* Other don't-miss attractions: Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square (Underground Tour and Klondike Gold Rush Museum), Waterfront (Sculpture Park, Ye Olde Curiosity Shop, Colman Dock ferry ride, as well as harbor cruises and the Aquarium), Seattle Center (Chihuly Garden and Glass, Monorail, as well as the Space Needle, EMP, and Science Center). I would also include the Ballard Locks, except March is not the most ideal time to visit (lower boat traffic and no fish in the fish ladder).

* Top museums: Seattle Art Museum (downtown), Seattle Asian Art Museum (Volunteer Park/Capitol Hill), Museum of History and Industry/MOHAI (South Lake Union), Burke Natural History Museum (UW campus/U. District).

* Other options: Visit Victoria, BC, on the Victoria Clipper, or Vancouver, BC, on the Amtrak Cascades train. Either can be done as a day-trip or, even better, as an over-night trip. Since you've got five days, one of these excursions is highly recommended. Note: Arrive early for Amtrak Cascades train and ask for water-view seats (the train runs along the shore of Puget Sound much of the way).

Last edited by CrazyDonkey; 09-02-2014 at 12:33 PM..

Old 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
It's usually a light, constant drizzle in March
now, that is an exaggeration, especially for late March. Last 2 years there were days in high 60s in late March. Of course, every year is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area