Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 02:32 PM

239 posts, read 255,018 times

Advertisements

My mom fell head over heels for Seattle, and she's talked to my dad about possibly moving to Seattle .

I think they're both tired of living in Miami. I know I'll be moving within the next year or so, but it'd be nice to have my parents there too.

Now, they own their own business. Its a medical billing company.

How is the healthcare business in Seattle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 05:06 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,116,208 times
Hmm: what does the market analysis plan you've prepared indicate about growth opportunities in Seattle metro for health care billing, interaction with new ACA systems and legal mandates, etc.? In detail? Not like opening a fruit stand on the corner of 2nd and Pine, in-contrast, which by the way may ultimately be more profitable IMO.

P.S.:

How does a business like that interact with Cloud services in-particular, from a competitive standpoint, that being the primary focus of several tech majors and (very many) small firms and startups in Seattle? Impact of ACA and legislation changes therein to the landscape, existing business of incumbents, green fields/blue oceans for late entrants, etc? What do analyst reports from Gartner and etc. indicate? Now I'm curious.

P.P.S.:

Guy I worked with sold a medical billing business here in Seattle couple years back, being run at-home by his wife. He was one of the sharpest SharePoint devs I ever worked with, though too low-key for his own advancement. He claimed a lot of that was being increasingly offshored, though by no means all. I do know he never could expand it beyond a finite base of mom-and-pop customers that slipped away, one by one, across the years, and the only way he was able to operate at-all was to play on the chaos of the industry. What happens when that's all better-organized, and run from cloud apps run by big players. He saw the writing on the wall, that some obsolete crap he wrote on FoxPro 2.5 in 1997 had a finite (i.e.: short) lifespan and that it was time to get out. Anything involving paper, mailing invoices, all that was (is) rapidly drawing to a close as the liability and exposure increases. Being on the tail end of that bell-curve wasn't all that interesting.

P.P.P.S.:

There are businesses that offer this as a business opportunity, actually. That's red flag no. 1, that it needs to be "sold" as an opportunity, probably meaning whoever buys-in is little more than a data-entry clerk yet is probably tasked with expanding the franchise. That's usually how those things work. Which means that whoever is selling it takes a piece of the action, not unlike those Day Trader morons who advertise on radio and TV "paid programming" (or house-flippers, or anything else that promises big returns without mentioning the big risks/downsides or typical outcomes). The louder they deny that such a thing "can't" be offshored...and they do, quite loudly... the less I believe it given the labor cost differential and other factors. Transference of risk being one of them. One site I read talked about the Internet and electronic billing like it was a mysterious and new secret of the ages, not rapidly-evolving technology that has nonetheless gone mainstream since roughly end of the 1990s.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:01 AM

5 posts, read 2,759 times
Now-a-days, healthcare providers facing many issues in their practice like as: Low account receivable, low data integration, poor communication with clients. they need such product which provide them integration and collective information. There are many Medical Billing software available in market but they have many functional and customize issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: