Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:54 PM

526 posts, read 898,830 times

Advertisements

gondola ride for lunch on top of Crystal Mountain in purty nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 09:26 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiocedo View Post
Hello all,

I'm still relatively new to the area and this upcoming Monday (6th), I'll be taking one fellow coworkers out on a date... However, I've stumbled into one slight problem. I still haven't decided where to take her! I'm trying my hardest to avoid the "classic" dates including movies, dinner, and so forth and have been trying to find something adventurous and something her and I (if we continue to go out) will remember. She did mention one thing; she has recently done a lot of hiking and would love to avoid those locations if possible.

I was thinking about maybe going to Bainbridge Island, but from what I've heard, it's pretty barren for things to do and I'm hoping to make a day out of the event. Oh, I should also mention price isn't a factor and I'm in no way trying to "wow" her with something luxurious or expensive, but something incredibly fun. All suggestions are welcome and if any ladies want to share their dream dates in Seattle, please do!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!
Isn't there a salmon run going on right now? The Ballard Locks are pretty exciting during salmon runs, you'd be surprised. The raw energy of nature, it's amazing! Another idea is the Woodland Park Zoo. I'm not sure of their hours, though.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:41 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidas View Post
gondola ride for lunch on top of Crystal Mountain in purty nice
Oh, I love this, but make sure it's a nice day! We went up during the Super Bowl (now that was a great day for skiing I tell you....) and didn't see squat..

Old 10-05-2014, 05:29 AM

225 posts, read 382,874 times
Mdiocedo... I HOPE you will post to the thread on Tuesday, to let us know what you ended up doing, and how it turned out!

I for one, and rooting for you, and am impressed with the effort you are putting into the date. With that being said, once you have decided, just let it flow. You will know whether it is going well or not. I would have a couple of ideas "up my sleeve" for if it IS going well, and you want to spend more time together.

Good Luck to you !

Old 10-05-2014, 11:01 AM

30 posts, read 26,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Isn't there a salmon run going on right now? The Ballard Locks are pretty exciting during salmon runs, you'd be surprised. The raw energy of nature, it's amazing! Another idea is the Woodland Park Zoo. I'm not sure of their hours, though.
Haha I've visited the Locks so many times, I practically live there! Well... I actually live very close to the area so I go often. Also, while this is our first "official" date, we have gone to the Locks a few times and also Woodland Park Zoo too. I feel like just generally hanging out with her, we have already done a lot of "couple" activities without actually dating... until now! Haha

As a heads up, still trying to respond to everyone's comments and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamainfl View Post
Mdiocedo... I HOPE you will post to the thread on Tuesday, to let us know what you ended up doing, and how it turned out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamainfl View Post

I for one, and rooting for you, and am impressed with the effort you are putting into the date. With that being said, once you have decided, just let it flow. You will know whether it is going well or not. I would have a couple of ideas "up my sleeve" for if it IS going well, and you want to spend more time together.

Good Luck to you !

I will for sure port on the thread Tuesday! Also, thank you for the kind words! The woman I will be going out with tomorrow, we have been good friends since she started working at my company in May and since then, and I’ve really fallen for her. We have so many similar life stories growing up and a plethora of hobbies to share, it’s astounding. If it was just a typical date I wouldn’t be putting nearly as much effort in, and even though I realize… spending time together >>> going somewhere nice, I still really want to impress her and show her I put a great deal amount of thought into making her happy.

I don’t specifically want to say what I do for a living, but let’s just say I do a lot of research and implementation… so I love when a plan comes together! J

Last edited by mdiocedo; 10-05-2014 at 11:10 AM..

Old 10-05-2014, 11:22 AM

30 posts, read 26,451 times
So I "think" I finally came up with my general plan for tomorrow. We are meeting up pretty early (around 9am) and going out for breakfast. Afterwards we will head over to the Seattle Center area and check out the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit and potentially the EMP Museum (or whatever it's called) followed by the Argosy tour... probably the one that is 2.5 hours and heads over to the Ballard Locks. Afterwards, go out for dinner...

Dinner... this is where I need help. Real big help. She is a vegetarian and her FAVORITE animals are cows. So I won't be eating steak or burgers haha... So I need to a classy place that is very "Vegetarian" friendly. I know YELP has its uses, but I trust you natives far more! Haha

Anyways... after dinner, head over to the Garage in Capital Hill and hit up some bowling. If everything is going well, finish off with some sort of dessert in Ballard. So that's the plan! We were planning to spend all day with one another and by George I want to make sure it's a good one!

Old 10-05-2014, 01:46 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
[FONT=Verdana]So I "think" I finally came up with my general plan for tomorrow. We are meeting up pretty early (around 9am) and going out for breakfast. Afterwards we will head over to the Seattle Center area and check out the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit and potentially the EMP Museum (or whatever it's called) followed by the Argosy tour... probably the one that is 2.5 hours and heads over to the Ballard Locks. Afterwards, go out for dinner...[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Dinner... this is where I need help. Real big help. She is a vegetarian and her FAVORITE animals are cows. So I won't be eating steak or burgers haha... So I need to a classy place that is very "Vegetarian" friendly. I know YELP has its uses, but I trust you natives far more! Haha[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Anyways... after dinner, head over to the Garage in Capital Hill and hit up some bowling. If everything is going well, finish off with some sort of dessert in Ballard. So that's the plan! We were planning to spend all day with one another and by George I want to make sure it's a good one![/FONT]

My friend is vegan, which I realize is a step farther than your friend, but she RAVES about Plum. Just so you know, Plum is also in the Armory in case you need something for lunch after the EMP/glass exhibit.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:16 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,462 times
Café Flora is really good vegetarian restaurant. I love it and I am a total carnivore married to a vegetarian. I haven't been for dinner yet but lunch is really nice. It has a very charming atmosphere, nice for a date.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:30 PM

305 posts, read 450,060 times
Quote:
So I "think" I finally came up with my general plan for tomorrow. We are meeting up pretty early (around 9am) and going out for breakfast. Afterwards we will head over to the Seattle Center area and check out the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit and potentially the EMP Museum (or whatever it's called) followed by the Argosy tour... probably the one that is 2.5 hours and heads over to the Ballard Locks. Afterwards, go out for dinner...

Dinner... this is where I need help. Real big help. She is a vegetarian and her FAVORITE animals are cows. So I won't be eating steak or burgers haha... So I need to a classy place that is very "Vegetarian" friendly. I know YELP has its uses, but I trust you natives far more! Haha

Anyways... after dinner, head over to the Garage in Capital Hill and hit up some bowling. If everything is going well, finish off with some sort of dessert in Ballard. So that's the plan! We were planning to spend all day with one another and by George I want to make sure it's a good one!
Sounds like a lot of time driving, commuting, coordinating, and handling logistics, bro. That can add stress to a date. I would dial it back a bit. Pick one, maybe two adjoining neighborhoods and limit your ideas to those neighborhoods. That way you're spending more time talking and getting to know eachother than stressing out on activities. Besides, you can always keep one of those other activities in your back pocket and pull it out if things are going good and you want to be spontaneous. That would also give her the opportunity to have some input in the agenda, so you don't come off as a Type-A over-planner.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:25 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:

Get on the light rail, and take the train to the Columbia City stop. Walk half a block north( west side of the street) and go to St. Dames. Vegetarian restaurant with a full bar(and local beer, cocktails made with local herbs, etc). I'm not a vegetarian, but that food is absolutely amazing. You're welcome.
http://kcts9.org/check-please/211/st...nette-st-dames
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area