Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 01:15 PM

101 posts, read 83,105 times

Advertisements

Hello there, we are finally closing on our home and will be moving Dec 1st to the Woodinville area. We have found a home we would like to move into and possibly purchase in the future. Basically the home needs some minor work but is still livable. Our home of 10 years we completely remodeled ourselves. The owners bought it 10 years ago in foreclosure and the home has been vacant for most of the time minus 2 years. We were told if we paid the past due amount for the water bill ($400) we could move in and would pay reduced rent in exchange for the work that needs to be done. I do not know these people that well and I would like to find out how I can set up a legal rental agreement or contract for 9 mos to a year to protect us from the owners selling the home from under us. Not saying it will happen but you never really know) How can I go about this? The home has no appliances, only some kitchen cabinets, needs a dump run or two, taping/drywall, mostly cosmetic work we can do. What do you think is a reasonable rent for a 3 bedroom/2 ba home on an acre of land in the area? Please keep in mind it does need work and we would be living in it while we are doing the work. Do a lot of people do rent to own? We are meeting with him this week to discuss the details. The owners have many other investments and things going on. He hasn't even been to this home since July. This is something we really would like to do. I have been looking for a rental since last summer and we have pets. There really isn't hardly any inventory.

I would greatly appreciate any leads and suggestions! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: