Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times

Advertisements

Yup, Carl, I'm a Real Estate agent. I'm not so much commenting on current law which licenses short sale negotiators but for the long period of time until fairly recently when it was unregulated. Having a license doesn't make one honest.
But I'm not really disagreeing with you at all. You're absolutely right:A good short sale negotiator, like a good real estate agent, is invaluable and does perform a valuable service.
But, there were enough of the slimy ones out there to give the whole industry a bad reputation. That goes for agents, lenders, and short sale negotiators.
If you're one of the honest ones out there, then keep on doing what you're doing. I've dealt with fair, nice, and honest real estate agents. But I've also dealt with lying slimeballs. They're out there too. And they're licensed. I'm not going to defend the industry. In general, I think the industry could have taken more responsibility for not looking out for their clients best interests. Maybe there wasn't fraud involved, but there were a lot of agents out there happily urging their clients to make offers on houses that were over appraised, and to buy houses they couldn't really afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:06 PM

15 posts, read 26,320 times
Default WallStreet Washington DC and The Federal Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Yup, Carl, I'm a Real Estate agent. I'm not so much commenting on current law which licenses short sale negotiators but for the long period of time until fairly recently when it was unregulated. Having a license doesn't make one honest.
But I'm not really disagreeing with you at all. You're absolutely right:A good short sale negotiator, like a good real estate agent, is invaluable and does perform a valuable service.
But, there were enough of the slimy ones out there to give the whole industry a bad reputation. That goes for agents, lenders, and short sale negotiators.
If you're one of the honest ones out there, then keep on doing what you're doing. I've dealt with fair, nice, and honest real estate agents. But I've also dealt with lying slimeballs. They're out there too. And they're licensed. I'm not going to defend the industry. In general, I think the industry could have taken more responsibility for not looking out for their clients best interests. Maybe there wasn't fraud involved, but there were a lot of agents out there happily urging their clients to make offers on houses that were over appraised, and to buy houses they couldn't really afford.

We first need to look to Washington DC where the Greatest Ponzi Scheme in all history has taken place against the unsuspecting Trusting Public.

No doubt there are crooks in every industry and people who are willing to take advantage over other people in every line of work.

When it comes to the crisis we now encounter, it all comes down to Wallstreet and The Federal Reserve Greed and Power Grab. Not only do these fellows and fellas want to take power; they dictate at the highest levels of government.

We are not even close to bottom yet, in my opinion and I payerfully hope the economy will get better but, I do not think so in my opinion.

BTW... Not all discount Brokers are the same, some work Like Wallmart and try to take a lions share of the business, which is a niche business. Not all Discount Brokers work the same. Personally, If I discount, the people get reduced services but not sacrificing ethical approaches of conduct and responsibility.

The Federal Reserve Dictates Interest Rates and Member Banking Policy. How much available funding there is and how much regulation to impose.
These bastards are very stealthy and have so much power, they influence Nations into cooperating in their game. They want World oversight of every transaction and the right to impose taxation at every level. They undoubtably rule our nation with Congress bowing and cowering to their wants and needs. So much power do they have; they can expand our nations economy, bail out the economy, or even overthrow our government by their policy.

Ira500...

What I am saying here is: In some of these blogs, we are frying little fish while the big ones are stealthfully swimming away unoticed.

In my opinion, and also the opinion of so very heavy hitters in trend forecasting , like Gerald Celente; we people in America are in for a Great Storm. The exact outcome is unpredictable yet very unsettling. The dollar is losing its value greater than any other time in history and our national debt has reached a crisis state. India is buying all the Gold they can get their hands on and China is telling its people to buy Silver and hold it.

Is the Real Estate market stable you may ask?

No it is far from stable. Can it go lower?

If the economy crashes and unemployment reaches 28% of greater... What do you think will happen to the price of Real Estate. I think it will cave in and people will try to give it away to get out of debt yet there will be few buyers. I think it is possible for Real Estate to lose as much as 70% of its current value or more before the crisis is over.

Be well my friend and Buy Gold - Silver and Real Estate Yet, Be wise and cautious.

Last edited by Carl Berard; 02-17-2010 at 08:23 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM

And I'm not feeling slammed, so we're cool. But I can't restrain myself here Carl. You say it's possible for real estate values to decline another 70% from today's values?
Please tell me you're not a Real Estate agent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Berard View Post
70Ford,

I am not slamming the integrity of Ira500,

Get it right there pal!

Last edited by Ira500; 02-17-2010 at 09:00 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Default Really wish I were Kidding there Ira500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
And I'm not feeling slammed, so we're cool. But I can't restrain myself here Carl. You say it's possibel for real estate values to decline another 70% from today's values?
Please tell me you're not a Real Estate agent!

You are too funny touche'

Google Gerald Celente and listen to some of the Youtube Videos about America and The Dollar and you may come to the same conclusion as I do.

Without any additional crisis, we may be OK, yet we certainly are not out of the Woods.

Washington DC still promotes and disguises The Truth, replacing it with lies.

The USA is under great pressure by China and other countries who hold our Currency.

With The National Debt raising at historic rates, faster than a speeding bullet, Our economy and Nation are at great risk from financial colapse.

Personally, I hope that this does not occur however, it is always good to be prepared for A Storm...

70%, I hope it does not go lower than that...

If we had a crystal ball, I'd be wealthy indeed and so would you...

What I am saying here is everyone should be cautious. No one saw this last episode coming before it blindsided us. What else is on the horizon.

Am I still selling homes and income producing properties? Of course... Everyone needs a place to live but, at what price is the question?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:21 PM

Carl,
You really surprised me with your opinion on the economy. I agree with you: Things don't look good. We're in debt up to our eyeballs and borrowing more. Interest rates have been kept low to stimulate the economy but unemployment is still higher than it's been in years, the dollar has lost it's lustre , and boy! do we owe the Chinese a ton of money!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM

Ira500...

Per a recent report: 1/3 of all home loans in our nation are in deliquency today.

WHAT IF.... The economy gets real bad?

What do you think would happen scenario if we had 28% unemployment?

Last edited by Carl Berard; 02-17-2010 at 10:15 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 AM

368 posts, read 695,633 times
If our homes decline another 70% we'll have bigger issues with the economy/our lives than paying our mortgages. We'll be Haiti.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM

301 posts, read 1,435,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDawg View Post
If our homes decline another 70% we'll have bigger issues with the economy/our lives than paying our mortgages. We'll be Haiti.
Nice one. Enough with the scaremongering. Go form your own real estate militia and build yourself a housing market bomb shelter or something if you seriously think these are viable scenarios.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:46 PM

Default No Scaremongering here...

Hi Caravan,

Please do your homework about the US Economy, The Federal Reserve and The US Dollar and Get back to us OK...

Please start with Googling "The Decline of the US Dollar", Gerald Celente with Trends Forecasting and much more research on The USA and general information about what the USA is doing and Who it is The USA is cooperating with in regards to World Treaties Etc.

Then tell us we are fearmongering...

We that have deeply researched the subject are; well let's put it this way... maybe a little better informed...

Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 PM

301 posts, read 1,435,683 times
Carl, it's not helpful on message boards if you come off sounding like a know-it-all, just a little hint from someone who tends to do that herself.

Believe me, I agree with y'all on the current state of the economy and I like conspiracy theories as much as the next person. However, housing prices dropping 70%? No. Feel free to call me naive, that's fine, but I'm signing on a house tonight after doing some seriously due diligence for the last year, and I am not "afraid." Wary, yes, but not afraid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area