Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 04:17 AM

132 posts, read 140,651 times

Advertisements

I look forward to each and every game! It lifts my spirits to see the excitement surrounding the Seahawks.

GO HAWKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 04:51 AM

268 posts, read 366,554 times
"If you become naked

Hold that line, hold that line, hold that line
Block that kick, block that kick, block that kick"

Beatles - Revolution 9 Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Old 12-26-2014, 11:03 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,385 times
I have made some good friends due to watching Seahawks games at bars. And that Marshawn run made me realize that I still get excited by sports despite much less interest these days in comparison to the not too distant past.

I would say that the Seahawks and Mac and Jack's are two great ways to tackle the Seattle Freeze if you ever feel it in the first place.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:42 PM

84 posts, read 142,544 times
We moved to the Seattle area in August 2013 and love how everyone is into the Seahawks. They are a great source of community pride. They are the best team in the world and they represent our region. My wife is watching football with me for the first time in the 12 years that we have been together and has become a huge Marshawn Lynch fan. As others have mentioned they are a great ice breaker when meeting new people. Even the homeless are saying Go Seahawks when panhandling for money. Many of the bandwagon fans will still be Seahawks fans in the future. I became a Mariners fan in 1995 and have remained a diehard fan even during the past decade.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:17 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
49ers-Cowboys was the big rivalry back in the '90s, and who even thinks about that now? This always happens when two teams rise to dominance. It's nothing new. Gosh, people just need to lighten up! All this talk about "real" fans and bandwagoners. Who cares? It's a game! The Packers bandwagon was overflowing in the mid-'90s, when Brett Favre was at the top of his game. Didn't bother me. I was a fan long before he was there, and I'm still a fan now. I'm sure most of the bandwagoners moved on a long time ago. Let 'em. The most it ever affected me was when somebody in a chat room accused me of being a bandwagoner! The guy insisted that I name one Packers offensive lineman from the '80s to prove my fandom. I just rattled off "Larry McCarren. Next?" and it shut him right up.
I have no problem with them rooting. Good for them and it's great for the Seattle area. But their fans become obnoxious bandwagoneers when they continually insult my team's character, my city's character, my fan's character on and on. They take it well beyond football and into some weird moral zone of provincial puritanical pride. Can't tell you how many times I've heard some moron Seahawk fan talk down about the character of SF fans. Hello, we are ALL just fans. Give it a rest. And even before this started every Seahawks fan I spoke with dominated the conversation with every meaningless stat about their team's prior mediocore history, their MNF record, their false start records at home, etc. They bothered me before but now they are unbearable lol.

I mean, I get it. You have nothing around you for hundreds of miles and you are super proud of the only game in town. Celebrate, even brag. Totally undestandable and fine by me. But enough of dissing other fans, players and cities. That's become real, real old. And it prevents fans like me from enjoying and appreciating the great team you have.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:36 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
They take it well beyond football and into some weird moral zone of provincial puritanical pride. Can't tell you how many times I've heard some moron Seahawk fan talk down about the character of SF fans. You have nothing around you for hundreds of miles and you are super proud of the only game in town. Celebrate, even brag. Totally undestandable and fine by me. But enough of dissing other fans, players and cities. That's become real, real old.
have you even watched any sports games especially European? You are trying to make this as if it's something unique and not seen anywhere else in the world. Guess what, you are wrong.

Last edited by Botev1912; 12-28-2014 at 12:49 AM..

Old 12-28-2014, 01:00 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
sacite-your whining is not resonating with me. Go suck on a wet towel and get out of here. You're not welcome here. You 40-whiner fans are the worst of the worst.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
sacite-your whining is not resonating with me. Go suck on a wet towel and get out of here. You're not welcome here. You 40-whiner fans are the worst of the worst.
Lol perfect example "you're not welcome HERE". Here being a thread that questions "is anyone else sick of Seahawks mania?" I have to agree with the author of the thread. So I should be totally welcome here.

But I know what you meant. By "Here" you meant the city of Seattle. There you go, the weird puritanical provincial pride that makes me a scumbag 49er fan that is so much different than you. I am not welcome in Seattle because I find Seahawks fans obnoxious. Lol okay buddy. Sadly, 49er fans may have you beat on stadium violence (this is a very small % of our base who show to games from the hood), but you guys as a whole FAR outpace any other fanbase when it comes to insulting, inciting or just flat out demeaning other people from other cities. I think you take your lead from Dick Sherman. He seems to speak for all of you and you basically endlessly parrot everything he says.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
have you even watched any sports games especially European? You are trying to make this as if it's something unique and not seen anywhere else in the world. Guess what, you are wrong.
In the world? Yes. Some third world countries are over the top lol. And European Soccer takes it it another level. Understandable as that is country V country.

It IS unique here. I was just in Seattle and at least half the Seahawk "fans" were from Georgia, Caroluna or somewhere else! Lol. That's fine and all but don't talk shyt all day to other fans and dis their city or its culture when you'll disappear the minute Hawks start losing again. Yes, it's annoying. Not the worst thing in the world but very, very annoying.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:10 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
I didn't know England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany are third-world. Thanks for enlightening me. If you don't like it don't watch it. Football (both), basketball, hockey fans are supposed to be hostile towards their opponent and you will not change that. I've also heard ridiculous complaints that fans are noisy and that affects the away team . If you want a quiet atmosphere, watch tennis or ballet.

Last edited by Botev1912; 12-28-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area