Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 11:27 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,441,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
Go Hawks!

This isn't going to end after one more game in 2 weeks.

We have to 3-peat...
I wouldn't be that cocky. Alabama fans said the same thing before the Ohio St game and they lost. Anything can and will happen in sports, ask PACKERS fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 11:40 PM

4,662 posts, read 3,835,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
So, uh, loud and proud Hawks supporter since 2013, right Gal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
In my case, yup, not ashamed.
And that's your typical Seahawk fan, which makes this loss today even more painful. Fans like that (bandwagon) being arrogant & talking trash to Packer fans. Yeah, I've been a Packer fan since I was old enough to know what was going on during the game. Packers haven't always had great QBs & teams, but Wisconsin watches them & cheers for them regardless. Even in the 80s when the Bears crushed them, we still watched & cheered. 2 months from now people will be talking about off season moves on the radio & at some local barbershop in a small town. Training camp will start & scrimmages will be sold out. On it goes. This (loyalty & enthusiasm) wasn't my experience with Seattle fans though when I lived there for 2 short durations. But now I see they start to have a couple good seasons & suddenly they love to talk.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but, you should really be ashamed of yourself. You've just admitted to being the absolute worst sort of fan -- the one who couldn't care less until the wind is blowing their way.
But you? You're the lowest of the low. You didn't even care until they were on a roll. Where were you when the Seahawks were getting dumped on for decades? Nowhere. You weren't a fan, and you didn't become one until it was easy; until it was the most delightful of conveniences. You and all those like you who constitute these delirious, foaming-at-the-mouth bandwagoners represent everything that's wrong with sports. Rather than embrace noble traits like loyalty, perseverance, devotion, and love, you latch like some succubus onto the bleeding tit of faddism. "Oh! How EXCITING! *I* need to be a part of this! Weeeeee! Being a supporter is so fun! Tralala! Nothing's going to get me down, because the truth is, even if the Seahawks lose in 2 weeks, I've got nothing riding on this!"
A+ post

Old 01-19-2015, 12:29 AM

737 posts, read 1,458,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
And that's your typical Seahawk fan, which makes this loss today even more painful. Fans like that (bandwagon) being arrogant & talking trash to Packer fans. Yeah, I've been a Packer fan since I was old enough to know what was going on during the game. Packers haven't always had great QBs & teams, but Wisconsin watches them & cheers for them regardless. Even in the 80s when the Bears crushed them, we still watched & cheered. 2 months from now people will be talking about off season moves on the radio & at some local barbershop in a small town. Training camp will start & scrimmages will be sold out. On it goes. This (loyalty & enthusiasm) wasn't my experience with Seattle fans though when I lived there for 2 short durations. But now I see they start to have a couple good seasons & suddenly they love to talk.

A+ post

Come on. Every sports franchise needs to go through this kind of thing. You're telling me there aren't bandwagon Packers fans popping up every time they make the playoffs? I know a few Packers fans who are OBNOXIOUS. Get real. I can't stand the Seahawks but I love Seattle. I think it's good for sports in general when different teams make the playoffs and make runs etc. It's good for cities/regions. Being a life long New England sports fan I have seen my fair share of good teams and bad teams. New fans come and go. Most of them catch on and stick with their team through thick and thin and pass it on. It's part of the whole deal. Get over it and enjoy it. It's a friggin game. Having said that, Go Pats!

Old 01-19-2015, 12:34 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,653,270 times
So the usual Seattle complainers are once again complaining. The way the Seahawks are playing is killing them. That Seattle won today is a dagger to their hearts and the enthusiasm of Seattle fans is just salt in the wound. Seattle fans have no reason to apologize, whether they are new fans or old. I saw a comment someone from another part of the country wrote:

"Other team's fans want Seattle's players and other team's players want Seattle's fans"

Seattle loves soccer too, we have some of the highest attendance in the world to our games. And that team only came to Seattle about five years ago.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:06 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,959,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

Exactly. I live in Seattle and I am SO TIRED of hearing this BS cheering and screaming from a bunch of people who didn't even know what the name of the team was four years ago. I mean, where are these people when the Mariners are playing? So they kind of suck, BIG DEAL. They are YOUR TEAM!

I hate sports all together, and have no interest in it one way or another but I'M SO TIRED OF HEARING THIS CRAP ALL OVER THE PLACE! Drunken idiots running round the streets, people honking their horns and just being a bunch of loud, obnoxious jerks.

Sorry, but I have better things to be enthusiast about then a bunch of fat guys who shower together doing a better job at out dry humping the other group of fat men who shower together. And if sports are your thing, cool, fine. But why oh why the bandwagon people? They are the worse.

Quick story about Ocean-Chicken fans:
I was in a Starbucks the other day and what popped on my tablet? My favorite new show, Marco Polo was confirmed for a second season. The critics hated it but audiences actually like it, and I wasn't sure it was gonna be renewed. I clapped my hands once and said "yeah!", but I didn't scream or anything. Two guys with Ocean-chicken hats on turned and glared at me and another guy with an Ocean-chicken jersey says "shut up."

So they can run around screaming, getting drunk, and trashing their city when their team wins...but I can't say "yeah!" and clap once upon finding out that my favorite show will come back for a second season when I was thinking it would be cancelled.

F ^^^ you Ocean-Chicken fans. Just for that when Comic-con comes around I'm gonna be running around chanting "Kling-ONS!" wearing my Imperial Battle fleet jersey (such a thing does exist) and anybody says anything they're getting hit with my bat'leth.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:09 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,085,528 times
Quote:
Aww.
The bandwagon haters are way more annoying than the bandwagon fans. Where were you in 2011, 2010 or 2009? Why did you start whining now when the team is good? These are all rhetorical questions. Don't even bother responding. Someone who thinks it's disgraceful to watch soccer doesn't even deserve my time.

Last edited by Botev1912; 01-19-2015 at 02:22 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but, you should really be ashamed of yourself. You've just admitted to being the absolute worst sort of fan -- the one who couldn't care less until the wind is blowing their way. There's nothing cynical about my outlook -- any cynic would have abandoned the Patriots long before 2001. I didn't need a Superbowl ring glinting on Brady's fingers to make me love the team, and it didn't validate my affection for the Pats. They could go back to sucking tomorrow and three decades from now I'd still root for them.

But you? You're the lowest of the low. You didn't even care until they were on a roll. Where were you when the Seahawks were getting dumped on for decades? Nowhere. You weren't a fan, and you didn't become one until it was easy; until it was the most delightful of conveniences. You and all those like you who constitute these delirious, foaming-at-the-mouth bandwagoners represent everything that's wrong with sports. Rather than embrace noble traits like loyalty, perseverance, devotion, and love, you latch like some succubus onto the bleeding tit of faddism. "Oh! How EXCITING! *I* need to be a part of this! Weeeeee! Being a supporter is so fun! Tralala! Nothing's going to get me down, because the truth is, even if the Seahawks lose in 2 weeks, I've got nothing riding on this!"

In New England we have a term to describe people like you: pink hats. And they are about as scorned as human beings can be. True fans don't gain their loyalty on a whim, or through the purchase of an $80 jersey -- they earn it. They earn it by caring about something even if it doesn't always turn out the way they want. They earn it by braving the tough times.

You've earned nothing. You make me sick.

You hit the nail on the head. And it's a Seattle thing that goes beyond sports: so many hipsters here are all of a sudden into comic books. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the movies or anything.

Whether it's watching your home team lose season after season, but you still wear that faded jersey* anyway, or getting picked on as a kid because you had a t-shirt with a giant image of Thanos holding the Infinity Gauntlet (bandwagon Seattle fake Marvel fans have no idea what that is) there is just something about fake, bandwagon fans that makes the true fan's blood boil.

* Has anyone else noticed the absolute lack of faded Seahawks jerseys on the fans? Back on the East Coast half of every Jets or Giants jersey I saw was faded, had holes, or just had the retro look because IT WAS RETRO. I have yet to see a single faded, old design Ocean-chickens jersey on anyone. Almost as if they were all purchased within the last year or two...

Old 01-19-2015, 02:29 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,085,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
* Has anyone else noticed the absolute lack of faded Seahawks jerseys on the fans? Back on the East Coast half of every Jets or Giants jersey I saw was faded, had holes, or just had the retro look because IT WAS RETRO. I have yet to see a single faded, old design Ocean-chickens jersey on anyone. Almost as if they were all purchased within the last year or two...
are you serious? Every true fan buys a new jersey every few years. Only people who don't really care or can't afford it wear jerseys that have holes

Old 01-19-2015, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
are you serious? Every true fan buys a new jersey every few years. Only people who don't really care or can't afford it wear jerseys that have holes

Plenty of fans have that "lucky jersey" they where all the time. And who the hell buys a new jersey every year other than the players? Those things are all brand new, with tags, worn by bandwagonners.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:57 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,445,844 times
Will people stop with the complaining. This is good for civic pride. Did you see how much business was brought to the bars, cafes, shops, and restaurants in Downtown during the Parade last year? We have something to look forward to, cheer for! Yes there is SOME bandwagon fans,but EVERY NFL TEAM HAS BANDWAGON FANS! Fair weather fans are part of the business. But especially since the sonics left we need something to cheer about in January/February! Sorry if it inconveniences you or annoys you but if you don't see how this is good for the city then you are blinded by hatred. I remember years ago when a Seattle city council member said sports do nothing for a city. Eating his words now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area