Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:12 PM

427 posts, read 430,701 times

Advertisements

Agree with my list? I might be missing stuff, but these come to mind first. If you haven't been to either of these places, you should go! Seattle area malls compare well to any of the malls in other cities, especially now that many have been remodeled and expanded. And I've been to many many of malls across the country!!

Here's my list of Best Seattle-Area Malls/Shopping Centers

BEST INDOOR MALLS

Tie 1. Bellevue Square/Lincoln Square (yes, I combined them, they are right next to each other)
Tie 1. Westfield Southcenter (Tukwila)
2. Alderwood Mall (Lynnwood)
3. Pacific Place/Westlake (Downtown Seattle) (yes, I combined them, though they are different)
4. Tacoma Mall
5. Northgate Mall/Thornton Place (Seattle - North)
6. South Hill Mall (Puyallup)
7. Westfield Capitol (Olympia)
8. The Outlet Collection (formerly "The SuperMall") (Auburn)
9. Factoria Mall (Bellevue)

BEST OUTSIDE/OPEN-AIR SHOPPING CENTERS

1. The Shops at the Bravern (Bellevue) - Because it's so nice! Ha!
2. Redmond Town Center
3. The Landing in Renton
4. Kent Station
5. Wig Shopping Center/Parkway Supercenter (Tukwila)

Runner ups, but not least: The Commons at Federal Way, City Center (Downtown Seattle), Lakewood Towne Centre, Uptown Gig Harbor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 02:37 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
For indoor, I would move Southcenter way down below South Hill, and would never park one of my better vehicles there and stay long at night. I would move Factoria up to just above Alderwood, and insert Crossroads above Factoria.

For outdoor, I would drop Bravern to after the Landing, because they have nothing I would ever buy there other than Sur La Table and I walk by the Pike Place store every day.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:14 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
I try to stay away from shopping malls and don't remember the last time I was in one.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:32 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
University Village is missing, and deserves to be on the list somewhere.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:59 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
For a bit of wandering around, Alderwood and/or Bellevue Square. Won't disagree.

In fact Bellevue Square is festive in winter, around Christmas. I haven't been there in awhile; you've actually got a good idea there. Not to actually buy anything, but just get out for a bit. It's a bit of a fashion show and I'll surely be under-dressed. Oh dear oh dear! LOL.

Ira's right, IMO, about U Village: can be a pleasant walking experience and I'm hard-pressed to not spend time at the Crate and Barrel.

I don't like to park at any of them. Thus, I've embraced the mass transit.

Nor, anymore, am I buying much at malls: in my case, the bulk of what I need and want can be shopped fast online. Amazon, mostly. I'm guessing as that becomes ever-more ubiquitous, malls will definitely be niche. They already are, to some extent.

Specialty items, mostly Ducati or Porsche-related: frankly, I'll turn up at the respective dealerships. That's more about relationships, though.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:39 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
I was hoping for a list of where you can buy the city's best croissants.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:33 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,334 times
Yes I was also thinking that U Village should be on that list! How I fondly remember the Ernst and the QFC way back when. We do still enjoy walking around there but mostly we go to Pacific Place or other points downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I was hoping for a list of where you can buy the city's best croissants.
Le Panier in Pike Place is our go-to croissant place. It's especially wonderful when you get there early in the morning before sunrise and can watch the vendors across the way setting up their stalls. Like stepping back in time.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:41 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Yes I was also thinking that U Village should be on that list! How I fondly remember the Ernst and the QFC way back when. We do still enjoy walking around there but mostly we go to Pacific Place or other points downtown.

Le Panier in Pike Place is our go-to croissant place. It's especially wonderful when you get there early in the morning before sunrise and can watch the vendors across the way setting up their stalls. Like stepping back in time.
Oh, don't remind me. I walk through there every morning and smell the baking, but they are not open yet.

I also love the Cheese Croissants at Larsen's Danish Bakery.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:26 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,053,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
University Village is missing, and deserves to be on the list somewhere.
I think it's the best outdoor mall. It's got as much charm as a mall can have.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:46 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,368,771 times
Yep, U Village should be at the top of the outdoor mall list. Great stores, easy parking with the new garage added in the NE corner, pleasant atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area