Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2015, 04:57 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Same question about Seattle women. Why do so many women never figure out where to meet desirable men in Seattle ?

Also, my question from earlier - how much effort are they putting forward to meet men ? Leaving the house doesn't count
Participating in group activities and organizations of various sorts, the women are. And they wonder where the men are, or the men that are there turn out to be very off-putting, and say derogatory things about women without being aware of what they're saying. Very strange. They don't know how to talk to women.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:48 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,231 times
"Weathered Woman "?? I don't think so . LOL I have had quite a life alright but at 52 and 9/10's, if a 35 yr old wants to kiss ME like that for that long , I'm not complaining . He was stunning BUT my type too . I don't think I've ever asked anyone out in my life , but I am from the south. Plus my grandmother taught us to keep it together. It works apparently .

Old 08-30-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
That this has to be spelled out speaks volumes. It doesn't most places on the planet.

Population data shows that for every woman in the city, there are 1.5-2 men. If the women can not find a partner, it is most likely because they are past the age where they would be attractive to the men they are hoping will swoop them up and save them from themselves.
Except for all the women like the new member posting on another thread, about how in NYC she had no trouble getting dates, but after moving to Seattle recently, she's invisible. She's in her mid-20's.

The census bureaus stats say that in Seattle, there are 101 men for every 100 women. A far cry from what you posted. People like to make up stats that show a huge disparity, but that's not reality.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:44 PM

678 posts, read 875,601 times
I had no luck this weekend either. I was about to get close to one girl but acted like I was invisible for the rest of the night.
She was the one who approached me too...

Old 08-30-2015, 06:25 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
Women in Seattle, in general (not all of them), are a bit on the colder side and can produce a feeling of unfriendliness and seem to be distant. Their personalities also borderline on pretentious, yet with a reservedness that may perplex people as to wonder if they can actually understand their aloofness. The worst part about women in Seattle is they are fiercely feministic, independent and politically correct. This makes it a challenge for a male to act naturally in communicating with them and he must specially program himself to be more submissive and have a more beta-mindset, since the feeling of female superiority must never be question in any type of inter-gender interaction.

Basically, a bold and brave male who will go up to that attractive female and try to talk to her can be shot down as sexist, bigoted and vile pig for just behaving as a man in Seattle, where as in other cities he may be considered manly and attractive for being so masculine and outgoing. In Seattle the liberal fascist thought police will be monitoring your interaction. If you do anything remotely sexist or display any alpha tendencies you will be considered vermin and degenerate, even looked at as criminal.

Men are terrified to be men in Seattle, but they are also terrified to be beta, submissive and succumb to the oppressive feminism in order to find favor with Seattle females. It is a double-edge sword, especially for a more alpha personality, outgoing man like me. Women in Seattle also may find it hard to, as they are expected to be fiercely independent and display a strong alpha role and will be looked down on their peers if they display any type of feminine or submissive traits, especially in an inter-gender relationship.

I think this thread can be closed now, as I have summarized the consensus of most men here and this thread is just lingering. that is just my opinion.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:00 PM

678 posts, read 875,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Women in Seattle, in general (not all of them), are a bit on the colder side and can produce a feeling of unfriendliness and seem to be distant. Their personalities also borderline on pretentious, yet with a reservedness that may perplex people as to wonder if they can actually understand their aloofness. The worst part about women in Seattle is they are fiercely feministic, independent and politically correct. This makes it a challenge for a male to act naturally in communicating with them and he must specially program himself to be more submissive and have a more beta-mindset, since the feeling of female superiority must never be question in any type of inter-gender interaction.

Basically, a bold and brave male who will go up to that attractive female and try to talk to her can be shot down as sexist, bigoted and vile pig for just behaving as a man in Seattle, where as in other cities he may be considered manly and attractive for being so masculine and outgoing. In Seattle the liberal fascist thought police will be monitoring your interaction. If you do anything remotely sexist or display any alpha tendencies you will be considered vermin and degenerate, even looked at as criminal.

Men are terrified to be men in Seattle, but they are also terrified to be beta, submissive and succumb to the oppressive feminism in order to find favor with Seattle females. It is a double-edge sword, especially for a more alpha personality, outgoing man like me. Women in Seattle also may find it hard to, as they are expected to be fiercely independent and display a strong alpha role and will be looked down on their peers if they display any type of feminine or submissive traits, especially in an inter-gender relationship.

I think this thread can be closed now, as I have summarized the consensus of most men here and this thread is just lingering. that is just my opinion.
Ouch. This is really depressing but so true.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:37 AM

64 posts, read 110,727 times
Quote:

This is a perfect description of what I saw up there. Guys, unless you are already married, do not accept a job in Seattle.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:04 AM

233 posts, read 250,578 times
Quote:

I to find this description as a fairly accurate one. It might even fit most metro areas of the country today.

What a pity this post couldn't be distributed to every female in the Seattle area. Maybe it would wake some up as to how this behavior limits them in relationships.

I think the only part of it that I don't agree with is that not ALL men are terrified to be men here. Yes, many are out of worry of not being accepted by the metrosexual norm. For me, I could not care any less what these females think. Yes...I'm older (much) and have a solid long term relationship....but no matter if I was single would I ever give in to become what the local females seem to desire in "men" around here. They want feminized boys....ones they can easily gain an upper hand with or mold into whatever it is they want. No thanks...never happen.

As you get older, a mature man tends to realize that women just aren't as important as they once were to you. At least not the modern versions.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:45 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plenus View Post

I think the only part of it that I don't agree with is that not ALL men are terrified to be men here. Yes, many are out of worry of not being accepted by the metrosexual norm. For me, I could not care any less what these females think. Yes...I'm older (much) and have a solid long term relationship....but no matter if I was single would I ever give in to become what the local females seem to desire in "men" around here. They want feminized boys....ones they can easily gain an upper hand with or mold into whatever it is they want. No thanks...never happen.
Seattle was the first place where I felt pressured to "butch" myself up, which was surprisingly hard to do. I didn't feel like I could be myself up there. Felt like I had to be a GI Jane in order to make friends and that's just not me. I have a lot of respect for people who are willing to challenge national ideals of gender, but I realized I am not that extreme.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
First off, let's explain statistics a bit: single women increase as age increases across the entire continental US. There are three small cities in the entire country where younger single women outnumber younger single men. Statistically, women are more likely to be in a relationship no matter where they are than men. What your stats explain is that at the age of 50+, there are many single women.

The New, Interactive Singles Map.

Screw around with the sliders there and the data will make more sense. There are actually roughly two men to every one woman in Seattle in the younger age bracket. Beyond that, note that in the last few years, since the census data was complied, Amazon has built up in the city center, attracting mostly young men.

I'd venture your friend is lying, or needs to take more initiative and be that feminist you all pretend to be. Maybe she needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and realize she is the female equivalent of those guys she would never date
My "friend"? I was talking about a new member here who has a thread going concurrently with this one. Look in the mirror? She just arrived in Seattle earlier this summer, and said it's like night and day in terms of getting dates compared to NYC.

As for stats. you gave no qualifiers earlier. You made a blanket statement about the male/female ratio overall, which was grossly inaccurate. If that's not what you meant, post more accurately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area