U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 01:23 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,691,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
We realize that most of the hatred comes from the far left liberal, femnazi, hipster crowd. I'm certainly not going to change my ways to please them!!!! Screw that. Life's too short. Always be yourself.
Maybe the "hatred" you're receiving comes from you being the sort of person who can use the term "feminazi" without feeling acute embarrassment.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM

934 posts, read 1,179,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
A woman discusses having to change her appearance due to being treated unfairly and a man comes in and tells her this didn't happen, and she actually changed her personality, and found it "sexier."
Wow, you really wanted to read something completely different from what was written.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:32 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,315,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Funny how you consider all of that to be "ugly yourself up", when I find it to be so much sexier than the caked on make-up and hairspray types....
False dichotomy. It's not ugly vs. "caked-on makeup."

Whenever someone complains about women looking like pigs (unkempt, unwashed, slovenly dressed, overweight, tattooed, pierced), others will respond as if the only alternative is for a woman to be a fake, bleached blonde, anorexic, with huge fake boobs and pancake makeup. Which isn't the case.

Most men -- even in Los Angeles and New York, two cities I'm familiar with -- prefer naturally pretty women. Naturally pretty does not mean anorexics with pancake makeup. But neither does it mean fat, frumpy slobs.

When men want women to pretty themselves up, it means ...

1. Dress nicely (it can be simple and casual, but feminine, classy, and clean -- not trashy, frumpy, or slutty),

2. Stay fit (slender -- not anorexic, but not fat -- and not "curvy" or any of the other euphemisms that really mean fat),

3. Tasteful makeup (simple, minimal, and elegant; no one's asking for "pancake makeup"),

4. Good hygiene. Keep yourself clean and nice-smelling.

None of this even requires much time.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:52 AM

3,534 posts, read 4,731,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post

Whenever someone complains about women looking like pigs (unkempt, unwashed, slovenly dressed, overweight, tattooed, pierced), others will respond as if the only alternative is for a woman to be a fake, bleached blonde, anorexic, with huge fake boobs and pancake makeup. Which isn't the case.

Most men -- even in Los Angeles and New York, two cities I'm familiar with -- prefer naturally pretty women. Naturally pretty does not mean anorexics with pancake makeup. But neither does it mean fat, frumpy slobs.

1. Dress nicely (it can be simple and casual, but feminine, classy, and clean -- not trashy, frumpy, or slutty),

2. Stay fit (slender -- not anorexic, but not fat -- and not "curvy" or any of the other euphemisms that really mean fat),

3. Tasteful makeup (simple, minimal, and elegant; no one's asking for "pancake makeup"),

Women who are sweet, kind, can cook dinner and get me beer from the fridge are generally elevated to a higher level than any of the others, even with these most profound characteristics you mention..

Old 09-04-2015, 11:49 AM

909 posts, read 1,485,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Participating in group activities and organizations of various sorts, the women are. And they wonder where the men are, or the men that are there turn out to be very off-putting, and say derogatory things about women without being aware of what they're saying. Very strange. They don't know how to talk to women.

Some men don't know how to talk to women. Some women also don't know how to talk to men.

As I said before, women today shouldn't expect to just get approached by their prince charming if all they've done is leave their house and showed up to a public place or an event.

Tinder and other dating apps have been good to me lately.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:15 PM

233 posts, read 205,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post

Good post.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:26 PM

87,509 posts, read 81,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Some men don't know how to talk to women. Some women also don't know how to talk to men.

As I said before, women today shouldn't expect to just get approached by their prince charming if all they've done is leave their house and showed up to a public place or an event.

Tinder and other dating apps have been good to me lately.
Yes, and my post was in response to your query, "How much effort are they [women] putting in to meeting men". They're putting in a lot of effort, participating in activities that they expect will bring them into contact with men, in contexts where they can get to know guys through the shared activity. Most women who think all they have to do is show up at a public event aren't getting the results they expect.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:36 PM

909 posts, read 1,485,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, and my post was in response to your query, "How much effort are they [women] putting in to meeting men". They're putting in a lot of effort, participating in activities that they expect will bring them into contact with men, in contexts where they can get to know guys through the shared activity. Most women who think all they have to do is show up at a public event aren't getting the results they expect.
Well ya, but is that also enough ?

IMO, a woman who's interested in a guy has to know how to flirt, how to be attentive and listen, how to capture his interest. Simply being somewhere where they share a close proximity to a guy may work sometimes but I'd suggest that women who really want to make an effort to meet their match put forth a bit more effort.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:22 PM

87,509 posts, read 81,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Well ya, but is that also enough ?

IMO, a woman who's interested in a guy has to know how to flirt, how to be attentive and listen, how to capture his interest. Simply being somewhere where they share a close proximity to a guy may work sometimes but I'd suggest that women who really want to make an effort to meet their match put forth a bit more effort.
They do, if, after getting to know the guys from whatever the shared activity is, they decide they're interested in a particular one.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:09 PM

3,534 posts, read 4,731,022 times
The consensus is out, Seattle is not a place to find your little darlin' angel.. I'd say all us men make an exodus down to the American heartland and find our little ladies down there. We will all band together and set out on a quest to find our ladies and bring them back with us to this dreary, cold, dark feministic hellhole we are stuck in.

What do you think the settlers did back in the mid 1850s when they moved out these ways? You think they tried to hit up the local dating scene? No.. They brought their little ladies with them from back East.

Sure, maybe the job situation has improved a bit since the 1850s out here in the West, but certainly not the dating scene.

Let the Seattle feminists marry themselves. After all, most of them are deeply in love with themselves, anyhow.. I don't think it will be very hard to convince them to tie the knot.. I think a mirror will be the greatest wedding gift you could possibly give them. This way they can stare and worship themselves, continuously without any interruptions.

Go East, young men! Or, older single men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area