U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,915,071 times
Reputation: 14483

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
The biggest flaw with Seattle women is their cold, rigid personas and complete lack of humor and personality. Of course, I do believe these flaws also encompass their male folk, but it seems even more prevalent among the women, who seem to go out of their way to prove their Independence and promote their Alpha or more Domineering/Independent hybrid personalities. Couple this with the typical reserve and cold Scandinavian culture that has long been prevalent in the Northwest, you have some pretty icy relationships and trying to intermingle with Seattle women becomes a chore rather than entertainment. Whereas women in other cities understand gender roles and will respect men for behaving naturally, in Seattle people are expected to conform to a set of controlled principles, where exhibiting male traits is considered sexist (and potentially racist, e.g. white guy trying to date black woman or foreign woman, etc,), as well as to have a self-hating, masochistic ambiance. Women here will consider men who act too male like or solicit them in any type of way outside of a professional, business-like manner conforming to the societal standards as being sexist, evil, misogynistic, etc. The excessive amount of expectations of men to conform to radical feminist standards forces many men to become submissive beta types out of share desperation.

I do agree that almost all American cities and, Western culture, as a whole, are plagued by the new politically correct, gender neutral, feminized ideologies. Men are taught to behave like women and women are taught to behave like men. Men are taught that they are degenerate and oppressive creatures who cannot respect a woman. However, considering women in this society cheat as much as men do, initiate most divorces and re-marry while still accepting alimony payments, etc, I would say that the lack of respect is mutual. However, the feminazis will obviously challenge me, as men are the source of all evils in their eyes and they have the judges to back up their claims!

I have to admit I do understand why Seattlites are so fond of their dogs and pets.. COnsidering how dull and humorless most people are in Seattle, I can see the average Seattlite has a better relationship with his/her dog than he/she would have with their husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm finding the animals in Seattle have much more personality and are more entertaining than most of the people..


BTW.. I do believe that most of the men in Seattle exhibit many of these traits, it is just that if I was seeking a relationship it would be with a woman. So, I am sharing my perspective through the eyes of a male. I can see where an old-fashioned, feminine and outgoing type of woman would feel just as depressed in a relationship with a Seattle man, as most lack humor, masculinity and don't have much of a personality. I find it hard to make friends in Seattle with men, as well, as many men seem so reserved and dull, I cannot just laugh, talk freely and have a good time as I would with the men I grew up with any other places. Being a man and trying to make friends with a man in Seattle is almost as much of a chore as it is to meet a woman. That is weird!

Everything in Seattle, as a whole in 2015, is no-nonsense, humorless, fabricated, business like , ultra politically correct and conformist. For a place that champions diversity, equality, freedom , etc, I would say it is one of the most oppressed, judgmental and controlled populations I have ever encountered. Of course, this phenomenon will extend to the dating and marriage world too.
Oh man.....that's disappointing.
I have a relative moving back there soon-
I thought it was tempting to go check it out, too.....

But damn I don't wanna be in a place that's ultra politically correct....
I bet there's a lot more liberals there than I could ever deal with, as well.....
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-10-2015, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Nashville
3,534 posts, read 4,733,665 times
Reputation: 4599
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Oh man.....that's disappointing.
I have a relative moving back there soon-
I thought it was tempting to go check it out, too.....

But damn I don't wanna be in a place that's ultra politically correct....
I bet there's a lot more liberals there than I could ever deal with, as well.....
I've been in liberal cities that are not as cold, rigid, humorless , etc. I grew up in Portland around many liberals in the 90s and the people still had some soul to them and were not totally brainwashed zombies who just follow a strict set of standards and cannot make their own decisions and have to hate you or love you based on what society tells them, rather than coming to their own decision based on using their own analytical skills. I find people here are totally brainwashed and programmed.

This is my opinion. In fact, it's not totally a liberal vs conservative phenomenon. Although, I do feel in Seattle, most of the brainwashing and conformism is centered around the ultra, radical left-wing population. Even many liberals from other places I know are scared of the radical, indoctrinated type of liberalism being promoted in Seattle.

There are also very conservative societies with complete opposite values I feel also suffer from brainwashing and programming. For example, I would have some of the same feelings of living in a very religious and conservative place in Saudi Arabia as I would in Seattle, which is on the opposite side of the spectrum. Although, I would say Saudi Arabia, probably would be more extreme on its side of the spectrum than Seattle. That is for now, as I think Seattle is getting even more radicalized. A brainwashed and programmed society, where people cannot think for themselves, but are spoon-fed thoughts is very dangerous, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, this is how Nazi Germany managed to rise to power and why I lost so many relatives, as people just followed orders and didn't bother thinking, challenging or questioning their leadership or their peers.


Back to the topic:
Dating and marriage in societies with such indoctrination and programming becomes quite a chore as you are no longer dating or marrying a person, but rather you are dating and marrying the society as a whole, who you must answer to, rather than to the person alone. People here do not think for themselves and this is part of why they exhibit so much rigidity and lack free expression. It feels somewhat like Soviet Russia, but without the good vodka and folk dancing.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 09-10-2015 at 05:19 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 05:25 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,915,071 times
Reputation: 14483
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I've been in liberal cities that are not as cold, rigid, humorless , etc. I grew up in Portland around many liberals in the 90s and the people still had some soul to them and were not totally brainwashed zombies who just follow a strict set of standards and cannot make their own decisions and have to hate you or love you based on what society tells them, rather than coming to their own decision based on using their own analytical skills to make a decision. I find people here are totally brainwashed and programmed.

This is my opinion. In fact, it's not totally a liberal vs conservative phenomenon. Although, I do feel in Seattle, most of the brainwashing and conformism is centered around the ultra, radical left-wing population. Even many liberals from other places I know are scared of the radical, indoctrinated type of liberalism being promoted in Seattle.

There are also very conservative societies with complete opposite values I feel also suffer from brainwashing and programming. For example, I would have some of the same feelings of living in a very religious and conservative place in Saudi Arabia as I would in Seattle, which is on the opposite side of the spectrum. Although, I would say Saudi Arabia, probably would be more extreme on its side of the spectrum than Seattle. That is for now, as I think Seattle is getting even more radicalized. A brainwashed and programmed society, where people cannot think for themselves, but are spoon-fed thoughts is very dangerous, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, this is how Nazi Germany managed to rise to power and why I lost so many relatives, as people just followed orders and didn't bother thinking, challenging or questioning their leadership or their peers.


Back to the topic:
Dating and marriage in societies with such indoctrination and programming becomes quite a chore as you are no longer dating or marrying a person, but rather you are dating and marrying the society as a whole, who you must answer to, rather than to the person alone. People here do not think for themselves and this is part of why they exhibit so much rigidity and lack free expression. It feels somewhat like Soviet Russia, but without the good vodka and folk dancing.
I avoid liberals like the plague where I'm at.....
I'm talking about hardcore PC brainwashed libs that are constantly
aggressively trying to jam their stupid notions down everyone else's throats types.
It's a shame that people can't be as open & fun as they used to....
Good vodka & dancing-- sounds like exactly what I need, lol
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 06:18 PM
 
5,972 posts, read 7,211,204 times
Reputation: 2769
For the love of G-d, country, & planet, moderator, close this thread permanently.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-10-2015, 06:55 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,915,071 times
Reputation: 14483
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I understand what you are saying. My job is in financial services so I dress accordingly (think suits, Lacoste, Cole Haan etc). My wife is similar in that she REALLY enjoys being the ultra feminine, pretty lady and I would agree that this look is not necessarily popular in certain areas of Seattle.

We've received poor service from wait staff, sensed the cold shoulders, made to feel unwelcomed a few times. But for the most part, we just laugh it off. We are both very comfortable in our own skins so at the end of the day who cares? It's their problem and not ours.

We realize that most of the hatred comes from the far left liberal, femnazi, hipster crowd. I'm certainly not going to change my ways to please them!!!! Screw that. Life's too short. Always be yourself.

Seattle is a really big city. The good news is that there is still a large group of moderate, libertarian, conservatives and non extreme liberals that will walk over to crushed glass to find a pretty, feminine woman. Trust me on this one
Wow....skimming through this, I never even considered that-
So in Seattle if you're a naturally feminine demure type (which I am) you'd get hostility....?

Oh Hell no
I could care about anyone else's approval, no matter where I'm at.......

I think I'd purposefully be extra feminine, lol
If that's even possible
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 04:10 AM
 
2,429 posts, read 2,482,645 times
Reputation: 2631
Guess I best enlighten people as to why Seattle's dating realm stinks for men nowadays....one word: Demographics. At least being one of the main culprits in the area. I am sure there are plenty of contributing social factors, conjoined to the demographic factor, as well.


Too many dudes: Amazon's growth is ruining Seattle's dating scene, says single guy - GeekWire

Peepless in Seattle: Dating, Friendship, and the Seattle Freeze

http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/...-women/385369/

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 09-11-2015 at 05:20 AM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 10:22 AM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,915,071 times
Reputation: 14483
^^^^ I appreciate that 3rd link....

I think I need to make a move sooner rather than later...
Seattle's men are sexy- I've always been drawn to brainiac types
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 AM
 
233 posts, read 205,432 times
Reputation: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
The biggest flaw with Seattle women is their cold, rigid personas and complete lack of humor and personality. Of course, I do believe these flaws also encompass their male folk, but it seems even more prevalent among the women, who seem to go out of their way to prove their Independence and promote their Alpha or more Domineering/Independent hybrid personalities. Couple this with the typical reserve and cold Scandinavian culture that has long been prevalent in the Northwest, you have some pretty icy relationships and trying to intermingle with Seattle women becomes a chore rather than entertainment. Whereas women in other cities understand gender roles and will respect men for behaving naturally, in Seattle people are expected to conform to a set of controlled principles, where exhibiting male traits is considered sexist (and potentially racist, e.g. white guy trying to date black woman or foreign woman, etc,), as well as to have a self-hating, masochistic ambiance. Women here will consider men who act too male like or solicit them in any type of way outside of a professional, business-like manner conforming to the societal standards as being sexist, evil, misogynistic, etc. The excessive amount of expectations of men to conform to radical feminist standards forces many men to become submissive beta types out of share desperation.

I do agree that almost all American cities and, Western culture, as a whole, are plagued by the new politically correct, gender neutral, feminized ideologies. Men are taught to behave like women and women are taught to behave like men. Men are taught that they are degenerate and oppressive creatures who cannot respect a woman. However, considering women in this society cheat as much as men do, initiate most divorces and re-marry while still accepting alimony payments, etc, I would say that the lack of respect is mutual. However, the feminazis will obviously challenge me, as men are the source of all evils in their eyes and they have the judges to back up their claims!

I have to admit I do understand why Seattlites are so fond of their dogs and pets.. COnsidering how dull and humorless most people are in Seattle, I can see the average Seattlite has a better relationship with his/her dog than he/she would have with their husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm finding the animals in Seattle have much more personality and are more entertaining than most of the people..


BTW.. I do believe that most of the men in Seattle exhibit many of these traits, it is just that if I was seeking a relationship it would be with a woman. So, I am sharing my perspective through the eyes of a male. I can see where an old-fashioned, feminine and outgoing type of woman would feel just as depressed in a relationship with a Seattle man, as most lack humor, masculinity and don't have much of a personality. I find it hard to make friends in Seattle with men, as well, as many men seem so reserved and dull, I cannot just laugh, talk freely and have a good time as I would with the men I grew up with any other places. Being a man and trying to make friends with a man in Seattle is almost as much of a chore as it is to meet a woman. That is weird!

Everything in Seattle, as a whole in 2015, is no-nonsense, humorless, fabricated, business like , ultra politically correct and conformist. For a place that champions diversity, equality, freedom , etc, I would say it is one of the most oppressed, judgmental and controlled populations I have ever encountered. Of course, this phenomenon will extend to the dating and marriage world too.
Wow....seriously, this is a VERY well thought out and explanatory post. One of the best I've ever read describing the social aspects of the locals.

100% accurate in my opinion. This should be included in the Seattle Chamber of Commerce descriptions of what Seattle people are like.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 01:03 PM
 
Location: PNW
445 posts, read 493,798 times
Reputation: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
For the love of G-d, country, & planet, moderator, close this thread permanently.
Nobody has their hand on top of yours, jamming on your index finger and clicking the mouse button to read this thread.

Besides, I'm enjoying RotseCherut's rants
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 01:28 PM
 
54 posts, read 52,174 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
For the love of G-d, country, & planet, moderator, close this thread permanently.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top