U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2015, 04:19 PM
 
54 posts, read 52,205 times
Reputation: 107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
That wouldn't be Seattle. You're more likely to find that in BosWash corridor cities. Seattle is just a platform for ugly women who think they are feminists by default because they're ugly. But in reality, the city doesn't do much for the advancement of women and doesn't help women, unless you're a broke single mom or a prostitute.
Not sure what you're trying to say here. I think Seattle is not a bad place for career women. This is especially true, in part, because the tech industry wants to hire as many women as possible and there just aren't enough available candidates. Almost all the non-technical roles are staffed by women, but even with that, the 'gender quotas' are hardly met. And in the actual technical roles, women are even more desired.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-12-2015, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Nashville
3,534 posts, read 4,738,269 times
Reputation: 4599
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Oh, maybe right along here when he said - and I quote: "All you fun, friendly and nice ladies who are not out to make a name for yourself or prove yourself as a liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, extremely educated/sophisticated/intellectually superior, etc.. You are going to find a very receptive group of men in this city.

If he doesn't want women to be liberated, career-oriented, intelligent, outspoken, or educated, then I can assume he wants women to be dependent, home-fucused, dumb, submissive, and uneducated, no?
Rodent, you blew what I wrote extremely out of proportion. It seems the real issue here is you have a great disdain for men, which may stem from past issues of abuse or bad relationships, who knows? No where in my post was I encouraging for women to be sex slaves.. Your post is really off the deep end and think it has more to do with your own sexist, anti-male views than anything I wrote.

In fact, what I wrote was almost gender neutral. I think men who come to Seattle to promote themselves as super intellectuals and exhibiting narcissistic traits, in the process of demeaning and denigrating others to build up their own repertoire are also going to find that they will be disliked by both genders. Sure, they will latch onto some people who may buy into their superficial and self-absorbed personas, but over the long run, people like this will find that they do not establish good relationships and their dating/romance life will be seem unfulfilled.

I find that women more often than men though in Seattle come with a chip on their shoulder (like yourself) and with something serious to prove. People, especially men, generally do not find it romantic or enticing when the opposite gender is out to prove their superiority and prowess over them. Many women here, due to feminist indoctrination will exhibit these behaviors, as they are taught to not act in this manner means they are weak or just cheap sex objects, as you yourself seem to think.

As I wrote, which you, of course, purposely dismissed, that I have seen many successful career women who are admired, respected and even have great relationships, because being successful in a career is not an emphasis on their relationships with other people. They are not out to prove themselves or demean and degrade others or try to insult or attacks others, but rather try to use their own success as something to contribute to the world and even in their relationships. Yes, I can see where some women feel they have to prove themselves and they may have a disadvantage and have to overcome barriers. However, at the end of the day, if you are forcefully proving your superiority and intellect over others, other people will hate you and nobody will respect you or your success.

Women are at a disadvantage in some ways and I can respect their situation, especially in the IT World, where I am. Seattle, as a whole has a culture of one person trying to step on the other person to make themselves seem better than the other person. In the end, people of this nature, will fail as their arrogant attitudes will inhibit their ability to learn, adapt, progress and, of course, play good with others. This is why Amazon, in my opinion, will collapse sooner or later as a company, as the company's tactic is to put programmers against each other rather than work together and enjoy the environment. Amazon employees are going insane.

Your whole thing of men just use women as sex slaves and cheat on them is typical sexist, brainwashed, male-bashing dogma that is very common in Seattle.

Hate me if you wish, but I am not lying here. Men enjoy the company of friendly, easy-going, modest, fun and more gentle-natured women. If being a strong-headed, alpha-dominating, intellectually superior female who "CHALLENGES" men all the time and tries to insult and make them look bad at every moment, makes you more enticing and appealing to men, then MORE POWER TO YOU! If you are finding your relationships satisfying and have a plethora of male friends who truly enjoy your company then you should not worry about my opinions.

But, I have known a lot of girls who can hang out with guys and seem to never be lacking a boyfriend and they exhibit the traits I am talking about. They are not sex slaves, housewives and many of them have careers or jobs, some even support their boyfriends/husbands.. LOL
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2015, 06:19 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,920,291 times
Reputation: 14488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Rodent, you blew what I wrote extremely out of proportion. It seems the real issue here is you have a great disdain for men, which may stem from past issues of abuse or bad relationships, who knows? No where in my post was I encouraging for women to be sex slaves.. Your post is really off the deep end and think it has more to do with your own sexist, anti-male views than anything I wrote.

In fact, what I wrote was almost gender neutral. I think men who come to Seattle to promote themselves as super intellectuals and exhibiting narcissistic traits, in the process of demeaning and denigrating others to build up their own repertoire are also going to find that they will be disliked by both genders. Sure, they will latch onto some people who may buy into their superficial and self-absorbed personas, but over the long run, people like this will find that they do not establish good relationships and their dating/romance life will be seem unfulfilled.

I find that women more often than men though in Seattle come with a chip on their shoulder (like yourself) and with something serious to prove. People, especially men, generally do not find it romantic or enticing when the opposite gender is out to prove their superiority and prowess over them. Many women here, due to feminist indoctrination will exhibit these behaviors, as they are taught to not act in this manner means they are weak or just cheap sex objects, as you yourself seem to think.

As I wrote, which you, of course, purposely dismissed, that I have seen many successful career women who are admired, respected and even have great relationships, because being successful in a career is not an emphasis on their relationships with other people. They are not out to prove themselves or demean and degrade others or try to insult or attacks others, but rather try to use their own success as something to contribute to the world and even in their relationships. Yes, I can see where some women feel they have to prove themselves and they may have a disadvantage and have to overcome barriers. However, at the end of the day, if you are forcefully proving your superiority and intellect over others, other people will hate you and nobody will respect you or your success.

Women are at a disadvantage in some ways and I can respect their situation, especially in the IT World, where I am. Seattle, as a whole has a culture of one person trying to step on the other person to make themselves seem better than the other person. In the end, people of this nature, will fail as their arrogant attitudes will inhibit their ability to learn, adapt, progress and, of course, play good with others. This is why Amazon, in my opinion, will collapse sooner or later as a company, as the company's tactic is to put programmers against each other rather than work together and enjoy the environment. Amazon employees are going insane.

Your whole thing of men just use women as sex slaves and cheat on them is typical sexist, brainwashed, male-bashing dogma that is very common in Seattle.

Hate me if you wish, but I am not lying here. Men enjoy the company of friendly, easy-going, modest, fun and more gentle-natured women. If being a strong-headed, alpha-dominating, intellectually superior female who "CHALLENGES" men all the time and tries to insult and make them look bad at every moment, makes you more enticing and appealing to men, then MORE POWER TO YOU! If you are finding your relationships satisfying and have a plethora of male friends who truly enjoy your company then you should not worry about my opinions.

But, I have known a lot of girls who can hang out with guys and seem to never be lacking a boyfriend and they exhibit the traits I am talking about. They are not sex slaves, housewives and many of them have careers or jobs, some even support their boyfriends/husbands.. LOL

Seattle sounds pretty fun-
Honestly I'd have a field day if what you say is true
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2015, 10:23 PM
 
943 posts, read 1,023,591 times
Reputation: 1046
Rotsecherut, I get an impression that what you're describing in your posts (the strange dynamic between the genders) is not even specific to Seattle but rather it's becoming a nation-wide trend perpetuated by mass media. Very unfortunate since it's obviously causing a lot of confusion and frustration for men AND women.

I travel for work and I see it in prety much all large cities.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-12-2015, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Nashville
3,534 posts, read 4,738,269 times
Reputation: 4599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Rotsecherut, I get an impression that the phenomenom that you're describing in your posts (the strange dynamic between the genders) is not even specific to Seattle but rather it's becoming a nation-wide trend perpetuated by mass media. Very unfortunate since it's obviously causing a lot of confusion and frustration for men AND women.
I agree Flavia, that this is becoming a nationwide (or even worldwide) phenomena. However, I just find the very radically left cities, such as Seattle, San Francisco and Denver to exhibit these characteristics to a much greater degree. Other major more leftist/liberally aligned cities such as New York, Chicago, Washington DC, even extending internationally to Stockholm, Oslo, London, Paris, Amsterdam, etc will also share similar traits.

Some differences in culture, gender imbalances, coupled with atheistic radical liberalism make cities like Seattle a more prominent example. New York or Washington DC being an international melting pot type of cities and having a gender imbalance on the female side, tends to modify the culture and attitude compared to cities like Seattle. In Seattle there is a gender imbalance on the male side and being saturated with wealthy techies and nerdy/beta male population. Seattle has a large population of radically leftist atheists combined with a rather reserved, introverted and socially inept population of males (and females) and you have as a result as a city that will promote a hostile environment to dating/romantic prospects.

The irony of Seattle's radical feminism is that it is inherently shallow and superficial. Because of the excess of the needy or self-loathing beta types who are oblivious to utilizing their personality or game to attract women, you will find a strange culture of sugar-daddyism in Seattle. Any woman who is even slightest bit attractive will be overwhelmed by the number of suitors who will try to bribe or impress with credentials and materialistic prospects. Most of the men are not players, but dependents and desperate types and seekers of "fairy tale romance". I call it "fairy tale romance syndrome", as the relationships they develop or anything but a fairy tale or even romantic, for that matter.. They forget we don't live in Ancient Europe and there is no dragons to slay and wining, dining and gift buying wasn't how real fairy tale heroes won their maidens anyhow..

With women having so much of an abundance of desperate suitors, it will get hard for more genuine males who are looking for a truly egalitarian relationship and not to be wealthy submissive sugar daddies to form a respectful conjugal bond. I cannot blame all these women. If I had women running to me, wanting to shower me with toys and promise me a more luxurious lifestyle to compliment my own, that would be quite a temptation. Even, at this point in my life, working a 12 hour a day IT job in a small family business just to make ends meet, the concept of being a house-husband sounds alluring..


Needless to say, these lines will be more common on a Seattle dating profile than many other cities:
"You must own your own house and car."
Translation: You better have $$$

"You should be a professional and have a stable career"
Translation: Your income should be more than mine, because I want to enjoy the better things of this expensive Seattle lifestyle. (How many men will demand a woman have a good career as a dating requirement? Yes, yes.. Some people only can be in love with career people, understood! Still shallow, from my perspective.. What if the guy gets laid off? Is it Bye Bye??)

"You need to be FUNNY, WITTY, CARING, ROMANTIC, UNDERSTANDING, COMPASSIONATE, FAST TO LISTEN, FAST TO CRY, FAST TO LAUGH, BLAH BLAH, ________ (Fill in the Blank)."
Translation: You better be a really amazing guy who fulfills an outstandingly long laundry list of requirements you will never satisfy! As for me, don't be a judgmental prick! That is inhumane and sexist!




For a place that promotes gender egalitarianism, you will find many women will still marry up and have high demands and expectations. In contrast, to a truly egalitarian society like Sweden where you will find many female breadwinners, which is still not common in Seattle.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 09-12-2015 at 11:07 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-13-2015, 04:52 PM
 
Location: West of the Rockies
1,112 posts, read 2,016,923 times
Reputation: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
s a result as a city that will promote a hostile environment to dating/romantic prospects.

The irony of Seattle's radical feminism is that it is inherently shallow and superficial. Because of the excess of the needy or self-loathing beta types who are oblivious to utilizing their personality or game to attract women, you will find a strange culture of sugar-daddyism in Seattle. Any woman who is even slightest bit attractive will be overwhelmed by the number of suitors who will try to bribe or impress with credentials and materialistic prospects. Most of the men are not players, but dependents and desperate types and seekers of "fairy tale romance". I call it "fairy tale romance syndrome", as the relationships they develop or anything but a fairy tale or even romantic, for that matter.. They forget we don't live in Ancient Europe and there is no dragons to slay and wining, dining and gift buying wasn't how real fairy tale heroes won their maidens anyhow..
Quote:
For a place that promotes gender egalitarianism, you will find many women will still marry up and have high demands and expectations. In contrast, to a truly egalitarian society like Sweden where you will find many female breadwinners, which is still not common in Seattle.
Seattle's biggest industry player is IT, and whether you like it or not, most women (myself included) just don't go into that field. At best, they get women in the support positions like HR or advertising. The East Coast cities have more powerful women with huge incomes because they have jobs that women want, in fields that women go into. I can tell you that DC is like a cat fest of women due to all the governmental and NGO jobs out there, with plenty of administrative and consulting positions. But they pay well, and it's very easy for a guy to find a woman who makes the same or higher income than himself out there. NYC even moreso, from what I hear. Seattle might get on that level in 15 or 20 years, but so far it's still an one-sided industry town and one that males like.

That, and another raw fact is that women usually aren't as interested in mountain-climbing and other recreational activities that lure people to the northwestern cities. When given the choice, most highly qualified American women will choose socializing, arts, and culture, which are inevitably better on the East Coast and Chicago. Yes, it's a stereotype. But it's a true one. (People, you don't need to reply saying "But I know lots of women who rock climb!" No sh*t there are women who like that stuff, but my point is they are a minority when compared to the rest of America.)

I have indeed noticed a strong culture of sugar-daddyism in Seattle. When a man becomes a sugar daddy in a place like DC or NYC, it's because he WANTS to be one. But in Seattle, it seems like a lot of guys feel like they have no other choice.

And on a side note, the funniest thing to me is that the few female engineers/software developers I knew all DEPLORED the thought of dating another IT guy. They all dated bartenders, construction workers, etc.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-13-2015, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Washington state
5,620 posts, read 3,281,712 times
Reputation: 17374
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Rodent, you blew what I wrote extremely out of proportion. It seems the real issue here is you have a great disdain for men, which may stem from past issues of abuse or bad relationships, who knows? No where in my post was I encouraging for women to be sex slaves.. Your post is really off the deep end and think it has more to do with your own sexist, anti-male views than anything I wrote.

In fact, what I wrote was almost gender neutral. I think men who come to Seattle to promote themselves as super intellectuals and exhibiting narcissistic traits, in the process of demeaning and denigrating others to build up their own repertoire are also going to find that they will be disliked by both genders. Sure, they will latch onto some people who may buy into their superficial and self-absorbed personas, but over the long run, people like this will find that they do not establish good relationships and their dating/romance life will be seem unfulfilled.

I find that women more often than men though in Seattle come with a chip on their shoulder (like yourself) and with something serious to prove. People, especially men, generally do not find it romantic or enticing when the opposite gender is out to prove their superiority and prowess over them. Many women here, due to feminist indoctrination will exhibit these behaviors, as they are taught to not act in this manner means they are weak or just cheap sex objects, as you yourself seem to think.

As I wrote, which you, of course, purposely dismissed, that I have seen many successful career women who are admired, respected and even have great relationships, because being successful in a career is not an emphasis on their relationships with other people. They are not out to prove themselves or demean and degrade others or try to insult or attacks others, but rather try to use their own success as something to contribute to the world and even in their relationships. Yes, I can see where some women feel they have to prove themselves and they may have a disadvantage and have to overcome barriers. However, at the end of the day, if you are forcefully proving your superiority and intellect over others, other people will hate you and nobody will respect you or your success.

Women are at a disadvantage in some ways and I can respect their situation, especially in the IT World, where I am. Seattle, as a whole has a culture of one person trying to step on the other person to make themselves seem better than the other person. In the end, people of this nature, will fail as their arrogant attitudes will inhibit their ability to learn, adapt, progress and, of course, play good with others. This is why Amazon, in my opinion, will collapse sooner or later as a company, as the company's tactic is to put programmers against each other rather than work together and enjoy the environment. Amazon employees are going insane.

Your whole thing of men just use women as sex slaves and cheat on them is typical sexist, brainwashed, male-bashing dogma that is very common in Seattle.

Hate me if you wish, but I am not lying here. Men enjoy the company of friendly, easy-going, modest, fun and more gentle-natured women. If being a strong-headed, alpha-dominating, intellectually superior female who "CHALLENGES" men all the time and tries to insult and make them look bad at every moment, makes you more enticing and appealing to men, then MORE POWER TO YOU! If you are finding your relationships satisfying and have a plethora of male friends who truly enjoy your company then you should not worry about my opinions.

But, I have known a lot of girls who can hang out with guys and seem to never be lacking a boyfriend and they exhibit the traits I am talking about. They are not sex slaves, housewives and many of them have careers or jobs, some even support their boyfriends/husbands.. LOL
Actually, I love men. I get along with men much better than I do with women and I'm not male bashing. I'm bashing you specifically and it's not because you're a male, it's because of your attitude. I'm sure there are SOME men who enjoy the company of - how did you put it? - modest and gentle-natured women. In my experience, the men who "enjoy" these women like being the boss, as in wanting to have control over women. Why they have this incredible need to control women is something for another thread.

But a lot of men also like a smart, educated, and independent woman. Men who like the other kind of woman aren't that big of a problem for me. I wouldn't give a rat's ass for a man who felt threatened by an independent woman, but I understand it takes all kinds. Where you made your mistake was in putting down women like me in posting that an intelligent, educated, and independent woman wouldn't do very well in Seattle and insinuating it's because there's something wrong with her.

And I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I have been the only woman in my chemistry class and the only woman in my physics class and I had to work hard and put up with a lot of crap from people who didn't think I belonged in either class. What you think is the chip on my shoulder, is what happens when I react to someone when they suggest I'd be better off not being educated so I would have an easier time finding a boyfriend.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-14-2015, 10:47 AM
 
1,511 posts, read 1,692,942 times
Reputation: 3421
Can we re-title this thread "Hard Data on Awful Men of the Internet?"
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-14-2015, 01:04 PM
 
939 posts, read 1,182,962 times
Reputation: 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
And on a side note, the funniest thing to me is that the few female engineers/software developers I knew all DEPLORED the thought of dating another IT guy. They all dated bartenders, construction workers, etc.
That's weird. Almost every married female engineer I know has a engineer spouse, and I know loads.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-14-2015, 02:23 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,920,291 times
Reputation: 14488
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
No, you're making assumptions. He's pointing out that you literally can't function in a male environment unless the men specifically give you concessions (your words). Many women can and do. You're less a strong woman, and more a feminist who had to modify an environment into an artificial one so you feel special. You're a dime a dozen out here.

No one is threatened by you, they just find you to be ridiculous as you act both like a woman, and a man, whenever convenient (expecting the benefits of both), while constantly talking about how the world (men) is specifically holding you down because of your vagina. NO ONE finds you threatening, they might find the environment you insist has to happen, the assumptions you make about men who don't conform to your specific expectations of gender norms, to be imposing, and artificial, and one-sided (all about you), but not threatening. More self-obsessed and presumptive.

No one is saying being less educated would make it easier to find a boyfriend. That you read that is concerning regarding that education you taut. That you think men enjoy women being the boss, and that women enjoy that, shows an humorous lack of understanding of both human nature, and observation. Keep telling the men what they find attractive, yes, you the woman choose both what women are attracted to, and men. Sure thing, hon. Seattle is comedically asexual outside of hookups that don't seem to affect anyone's personality positively. No amount of you posturing on the internet or writing words you think are true changes that. You expect everyone to change for you. You're the problem, and you're not even strong, you're just self-obsessed. Typical feminist. Typical narcissist.
Oh, burn.........

I'm an educated, soft spoken yet opinionated woman.....
But I still like a man to be the strong aggressive one.......

Btw, there's 2 words I consider repulsive..... feminist & liberal
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top