U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 02:29 PM

233 posts, read 205,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Oh, burn.........

I'm an educated, soft spoken yet opinionated woman.....
But I still like a man to be the strong aggressive one.......

Btw, there's 2 words I consider repulsive..... feminist & liberal
OMG! I'm in love!
Rate this post positively

Old 09-14-2015, 02:44 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,314,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Wait, wait! Didn't you just say you didn't want women to think for themselves?
No, he never said that.

You put those words into his mouth.

Are you paying attention to even your side of the conversation?

Old 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plenus View Post
A lot of LEGAL Mexican women are a decent choice if you choose wisely.
Are there all that many Mexican women in Seattle?

There are plenty down here in Los Angeles, and some of them are friendly and feminine. Although the more assimilated ones do eventually embrace American attitudes and lifestyles, good and bad.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
If I were still single, I'd be happy to be in a city with a lot of "liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, educated and sophisticated" women. I've always preferred to be paired an equal with a mind of her own and her own goals and opinions.
Surely, a woman can have an "independent mind of her own" -- and then use her mind to conclude that honoring her husband -- looking up to him, rather than standing up to him -- and worshiping her God in modesty and humility, and teaching her children to do likewise, are very good things indeed.

Or does having an "independent mind of her own" mean that a woman must rubber-stamp the entire liberal/feminist agenda?

Old 09-14-2015, 03:30 PM

One factor which has not been discussed yet (maybe it's not a big social phenomenon in Seattle?) is the prevalence of single mothers.

Los Angeles is full of single mothers in their 30s, some by their 20s. These aren't just poor women, these are educated, middle class women.

I blame the women for this phenomenon. Most divorces are initiated by women, often breaking up families, dumping a good husband/father, then hitting him for child support (much of which goes for her needs, not the kids).

Then there are all the single mothers who never married. They chose to have a child out of wedlock. I suppose they're inspired by celebrity single mothers, like Angelina Jolie, et al.

Then there are the single mothers who wanted government handouts.

Finally, there are the single mothers who were just careless. Since women have full control over birth control, these single moms had full control over whether to get pregnant while unmarried.

The L.A. dating scene is rife with single moms. (I once met a single mom -- a pretty, white, blond, aspiring actress -- who was all of 19).

This might be controversial, but I do not consider single mothers as eligible for dating purposes. This is not talked about much, but I suspect that lots of men will pass on single mothers.

I wonder, what percentage of single women (under 40) in Seattle are single moms? Discount them, and the eligible dating pool of women is that much smaller.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:39 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,014,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
I wonder, what percentage of single women (under 40) in Seattle are single moms?
A lot, because of all the generous public assistance services available in the Seattle area. Probably more common in the South King County and Snohomish County suburbs, I'd bet.

I'll give you an ironic story: I used to hang out with this girl who did all kinds of drugs, partied all the time, etc. and didn't work because her stepdad buys her everything. This girl was born from a teen mom in Kent or some dump down there. As she got older, her mom managed to charm the socks off a millionaire software developer and marry him. They are now living in a mansion on the lake in Bellevue, with a yacht and everything. So this guy is footing the bill for another woman's children. This girl took me to meet her family once. I can only describe her mom as being an ugly beast with a masculine frame, and she was not very friendly nor interesting to talk to. She scared me. The husband was actually kinda cute and friendly.

BUT it's actually a pretty clever strategy when you think about it. If you're rich, you should have an ugly, undesirable housewife, so no one will get jealous of you and try to sabotage your wealth. After all, most rich people in Seattle don't want you to know it. Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has 7 or 8 mistresses on the side.

Last edited by skidamarink; 09-14-2015 at 04:09 PM..

Old 09-14-2015, 03:40 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,690,862 times
Quote:
Surely, a woman can have an "independent mind of her own" -- and then use her mind to conclude that honoring her husband -- looking up to him, rather than standing up to him -- and worshiping her God in modesty and humility, and teaching her children to do likewise, are very good things indeed.

Or does having an "independent mind of her own" mean that a woman must rubber-stamp the entire liberal/feminist agenda?
I'm 100% for the "liberal/feminist agenda". Bring it on.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:18 PM

3,534 posts, read 4,729,759 times
Quote:
Will you provide free castration clinics for all us men to help further the agenda? I know that is what you want. Indeed, complete submission and obedience is the ultimate goal under a guise of gender egalitarianism. Of course, the liberal/feminist agenda is about promoting women's rights, unless those rights result in the woman not being able to buy that purse, boots or enjoy that luxurious dinner she so craves. Suddenly, chivalry is not expected, but demanded! And, at that point, a man must not only be willing to concede to pampering and impressing his gender equal partner, but must proceed to have her lay all her grief on him, must revel at all her greatness and constantly be in submission to all her demands, emotions and rigid set of decrees, which he will never fulfill.

After having to read the posts of the last poster here with her deranged feminist, vicious anti-male posts, I know I cannot get too involved in any discussion with the callous individuals who are only here to promote the very agenda I have been speaking against. Like the woman, rodent, who said, indirectly, but certainly with these connotations, that a man who won't be enslaved by a woman's ego or narcissistic traits is the equivalent of him wanting a woman as a sex slave. Yes, if I won't let a woman bully me, belittle me or try to use her success as a woman to make myself or everyone else, but her look bad, then what I really am wanting is a sex slave who I can whip and beat. Great logic from the twisted world of a feminazi!

I am not even going to bother to try to get into any deeper conversation with some of the radical, groin slicing feminists I have seen respond on the thread.

All I have to say is I and others here understand the situation and are sick of it. Yes, the deranged radical feminists are going to scream, shout, holler, growl or give you the cold stares of death for challenging their ideologies. They cannot understand why a "majority" of men and rational-minded women cannot put up with their crap.

This has nothing to do with careers. You can be a millionaire or even a billionaire from your success, but you can still be a decent human being and not out to prove how horrible everyone else is to make yourself look better. Everyone struggles in life and has challenges, yet too many of these feminists use their struggles as a way to denigrate and tear others to pieces to fulfill their needs of self-worship.

You want to talk about people who have gone against all odds and don't have bloated egos? I have met people in wheelchairs, deformed, missing hands or limbs and other hardships much greater than simply being a woman. Yet, these people made great achievements and strangely enough, they didn't have to go around screaming about how horrible everyone was to them and how bad the human race was to try to inhibit their efforts. And, ironically, people will give respect to those people than to the growling, angry, resentful person who has to curse everyone around them for their own perceived challenges.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 09-14-2015 at 04:38 PM..

Old 09-14-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
That's great.

But do you acknowledge that a woman can be smart, educated, and independent minded -- and yet intellectually decide that the best life choice is to worship God in humility and modesty, and honor her husband, and accept him as head of the household, as taught by traditional religions?

Or do you believe that any woman who believes such things cannot possibly be smart, educated, or independent minded? That any woman who disagrees with you is an idiot?

Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,690,862 times
Quote:
That's great.

But do you acknowledge that a woman can be smart, educated, and independent minded -- and yet intellectually decide that the best life choice is to worship God in humility and modesty, and honor her husband, and accept him as head of the household, as taught by traditional religions?
Sure, of course. That's her choice.

Not the kind of partnership that interests me, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area